Home General Discussion
Options

Derek Jeter honorary smoke

D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
I'm 32 years old and grew up idolizing Derek Jeter. I'm at that age that athletes I admired are retiring and I'd like to honor #2 with a great smoke on the night of his last home game. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously something subdued and classy!

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:

An AVO or any Davidoff would fit that bill nicely.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monte #2
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Monte #2
    This

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:

Or perhaps something overrated and past its prime..... :) Sorry, no love for the pinstripes here.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    YankeeMan:

Or perhaps something overrated and past its prime..... :) Sorry, no love for the pinstripes here.
    Heyooooooo! Gurkha Centurian
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    YankeeMan:

Heyooooooo! Gurkha Centurian
    zing !

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    YankeeMan:

Original release LP 9?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Monte #2
    +...uh...2
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Exquisito Limitado - E6 Cedro Robusto
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Don Carlos or Ashton Heritage would be my choice.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    SleevePlz:
    YankeeMan:

LMFAO....c'mon thats funny!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    YankeeMan:

Spoken like a "true" baseball fan. Nobody hates the Red Sox more than I do, but I still respect Big Papi, Pedroia, and Veritek when he was there. I'm not a big Tigers fan either, but how do you not respect Cabrera?

I won't bore you with Jeters' consistant stats and his over .350 batting average in the post season and his probable first ballot selection to the Hall of Fame, etc., but you have to give him credit for the way he did his job and didn't disgrace his team or the sport.

Of course, that's what makes sports so much fun, is the arguments they can produce. They say that you shouldn't argue politics and religion, maybe we should add our favorite sports team to that mix.

• Options
    YankeeMan:
    SleevePlz:
    YankeeMan:

Spoken like a "true" baseball fan. Nobody hates the Red Sox more than I do, but I still respect Big Papi, Pedroia, and Veritek when he was there. I'm not a big Tigers fan either, but how do you not respect Cabrera?

I won't bore you with Jeters' consistant stats and his over .350 batting average in the post season and his probable first ballot selection to the Hall of Fame, etc., but you have to give him credit for the way he did his job and didn't disgrace his team or the sport.

Of course, that's what makes sports so much fun, is the arguments they can produce. They say that you shouldn't argue politics and religion, maybe we should add our favorite sports team to that mix.

The only thing that Jeter impressed me with is his list of ex girlfriends.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    The most expensive single you could find.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on any Monte #2 and so I ended up going with an Opus X that I had at my house. Being fairly new to cigars anyway, at least I have some new ones to look for from the replies.
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Please don't spend any money on what I suggested haha. I just did a search for a cigar with e6 in the name. I'm sad that no one found that funny :(
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    SleevePlz:
    YankeeMan:

I ended up going to his last game and I couldn't have scripted it any better. I understand the haters but I grew up watching Jeter for my entire adolescent and adult life. I wish Jeter the best going forward. Congrats, you're the first athlete to make me cry. "Yes it was my way..."
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I smoked a Padron 1964 when my boy Chipper retired. I think this stick suits Jeter well.

"Long ashes my friends."