Home Non Cigar Related

Boots on the Ground

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
I know most of you probably aren't fans of Colbert, but this was rather comical the other day. Thought I'd share for the laugh.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUTSTANDING.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very funny. I'm SICK of hearing that stupid term. And this very funny little slice of clever comedy just proves how stupid it is. I hope this euphemism/idiom/figure of speech will loose it's appeal to all these people who use it and soon fade away.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Very funny. I'm SICK of hearing that stupid term. And this very funny little slice of clever comedy just proves how stupid it is. I hope this euphemism/idiom/figure of speech will loose it's appeal to all these people who use it and soon fade away.
    Just like Lockbox or Joe Six-Pack or Main St. vs. Wall St. I, too, hate the over-used phrases of politicians. Can't wait to hear what the big one will be for the next Presidential election.....
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foir some reason, the President doesn't count Army Special Forces as boots on the ground. When it's my son wearing those boots, I sure as hell count them!

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who elected this jackass?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:

The American People. Just like all the previous jackasses......
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:

I love saying this. "Never underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people".
    jd50ae:
    webmost:

I love saying this. "Never underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people".
    Yup. Said that myself when W got elected. Twice.