Home General Discussion
Options

Sam has signed with...

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
http://thecigarauthority.com/news-sam-leccia-signs/
kind of surprised, but not at the same time, sorry for not linking it, kind of hard to do from a phone

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    http://thecigarauthority.com/news-sam-leccia-signs/
    kind of surprised, but not at the same time, sorry for not linking it, kind of hard to do from a phone
    Link here
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    again... fail.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Almost as soon as Leccia Tobacco started as a company, it got bought out by General? Ouch. Guess mediocre blends are looming in the future (though there are a few blends from General that I do like).
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that brand didn't last long. They will ruin it like they did CAO. LGC has a few good sticks but I don't care for much else. No thanks.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and they said his babies will be rebanded.
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    He signed with Swisher Sweets.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Sad....bet that non compete clause in the contract will make his a hole so tight he can sharpen pencils with it.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm such a STUPID noob. I had no idea CAO sucked so bad. (According to this thread and the "Torano is doomed" thread.) I guess I'll quit smoking the line lest I embarrass myself. Goodby Brazilia,...... sniff,...... I'll always have the Weekend Blitz to remember you by.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    guess ill slow down on smoking my white labels.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I'm such a STUPID noob. I had no idea CAO sucked so bad. (According to this thread and the "Torano is doomed" thread.) I guess I'll quit smoking the line lest I embarrass myself. Goodby Brazilia,...... sniff,...... I'll always have the Weekend Blitz to remember you by.
    they are a shadow of their former self.

i cant smoke them because of what they were.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Bob Luken:
    they are a shadow of their former self.

i cant smoke them because of what they were.
    Before my time i suppose. Ignorance is bliss.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAO used to be really good IMO. I loved Italia and Brazilia. The people of CAO were great people. Events were fun. It just isn't the same brand anymore. As soon as Torano announced this every shop owner I know started clearancing out all of their boxes. They want nothing to do with them any more and will make room for other brands. They did the same thing with CAO. Sam says things won't change but I am skeptical.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    CAO used to be really good IMO. I loved Italia and Brazilia. The people of CAO were great people. Events were fun. It just isn't the same brand anymore. As soon as Torano announced this every shop owner I know started clearancing out all of their boxes. They want nothing to do with them any more and will make room for other brands. They did the same thing with CAO. Sam says things won't change but I am skeptical.
    So have you tried the Italia and Brazilia since they sold out? And if so, how much of a difference is there? I enjoy the CAO Sopranos, Brazilia, the CX2 and the CAO Black. I continue to try more CAOs when I can. I've got three or four "new to me" CAOs in my cooler just waiting for me to try for the first time. Like I said, this transition all happened before I got started smoking so I have not experienced any of this lament that you guys seem to have for the changes. I guess I'll still be smoking CAOs and Toranos too.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    So have you tried the Italia and Brazilia since they sold out? And if so, how much of a difference is there? I enjoy the CAO Sopranos, Brazilia, the CX2 and the CAO Black. I continue to try more CAOs when I can. I've got three or four "new to me" CAOs in my cooler just waiting for me to try for the first time. Like I said, this transition all happened before I got started smoking so I have not experienced any of this lament that you guys seem to have for the changes. I guess I'll still be smoking CAOs and Toranos too.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you Bob, I've enjoyed the CAOs I've tired too. Other than a wrapper issue one time, they've been a pretty solid smoke.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    You mad bro? We could start arguing...have not had a good forum war in a while. :)
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I don't know what the old ones were like, but I've only semi-enjoyed 1 CAO, and that was the MX2. The Brazilia was OK, at best.
  • Options
    New Boots:
    I don't know what the old ones were like, but I've only semi-enjoyed 1 CAO, and that was the MX2. The Brazilia was OK, at best.
    To each his own. And each man's tastes change. I was wild about the Brazilia. I say WAS only because I haven't had one in awhile. I have a handful in my humi and if I see a sampler deal I'll bite but I really should smoke one again soon. What if my tastes have changed? Or as all this talk has me wondering,.......what if CAO / General Cigar is ruining the blend? How would I know the difference?
  • Options
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    You mad bro? We could start arguing...have not had a good forum war in a while. :)
    Come at me bro!