Home Non Cigar Related

Mfsob

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
Well got my car inspected today...it passed but was warned to start looking for a new car! It's gonna need extensive work by next year to pass...ugh I love this car and have beat the living crap out of it and it always keeps going...I just don't want another bill and don't want to say good by.
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well got my car inspected today...it passed but was warned to start looking for a new car! It's gonna need extensive work by next year to pass...ugh I love this car and have beat the living crap out of it and it always keeps going...I just don't want another bill and don't want to say good by.

Isn't this what Ray Rice said about his wife? (Badaboom!). Sorry. Off topic. Bad taste. Too soon. Couldn't resist. :)

But I do feel bad for you. Vehicles are an endless money-suck from the moment you take them off the lot or the diriveway.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I'm glad I don't live in California.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully by the time you need to buy one you'll have some money saved up from your new awesome job! Don't buy a new one!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Hopefully by the time you need to buy one you'll have some money saved up from your new awesome job! Don't buy a new one!!
    we shall see lol money is tight so who knows...I gotta stop eating so much!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    whats there idea of extensive work? i bet its a bunch of BS.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    whats there idea of extensive work? i bet its a bunch of BS.

Aj
    new exhaust system from headers down...needs new calipers and such. I did know it was gonna need work as I am a lisensed inspection emissions guy and would do all the work but just don't have the time plus a bad back
    Money can't buy taste
    that rusty? sea salt eating it alive?

too bad your so far away... like a weekends worth of work.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    its from jersey so mucho salt lol but yeah I'd do the work but also timing belt is due and car vs price of fix equals drop car get another one! I'm thinking Subaru legacy...the sedan lol I really like the flat 6 and subarus all wheel drive system. What do y'all think
    Money can't buy taste
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    its from jersey so mucho salt lol but yeah I'd do the work but also timing belt is due and car vs price of fix equals drop car get another one! I'm thinking Subaru legacy...the sedan lol I really like the flat 6 and subarus all wheel drive system. What do y'all think
    Everyone I've ever known who had a Subaru loved it. I've enjoyed driving theirs, and yearly think about getting one.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    Everyone I've ever known who had a Subaru loved it. I've enjoyed driving theirs, and yearly think about getting one.
    Still miss my Outback, greatest car I've had. Like my new little one, but miss the Subaru.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have an Outback and Lucy loves it. I have a Honda Ridgeline. Seems like Honda and Toyota last the longest.
    I'm looking at Subaru legacies...like the look and want a all wheel drive car for the winter time! I do like honda and toyota but those have been the last cars I've owned
    Money can't buy taste
    I just finished building my a subaru Imprezea. it was the regular rs that i swapped all the guts from a wrecked WRX into... just a awesome car. This is our 5th suby... the wifes suby had an oil pump failure early this year but it wasnt too bad to rebuild. All in all ive had the least worrys of all my cars in the Suby. Dead reliable!

Aj