Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Where do these idiots come from..?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
And why don't they put a sock in it..?

Worse than ISIS: Alabama Democratic congressional candidate says GOP are bigger bullies than terrorist group.

By Jim Stinson | jstinson@al.com

Congressional candidate J.T. Smith of Phenix City is upset with the Republicans in Congress -- so much that he compared Republicans to the terrorist group, the Islamic State in Iraq and the the Levant, also known as ISIS or ISIL.

Smith, the Democratic nominee in Alabama's District 3, made the comparison on Labor Day, taking to Twitter to vent.

And Smith's timing will likely get his tweet more attention than it has already garnered on social media, as ISIL-ISIS reportedly beheaded a second American journalist on Tuesday. ISIS militants previously beheaded American journalist James Foley, on Aug. 19.

Smith wrote: "The greatest country on earth is being bullied from within. Actions of Republicans in congress are worse than #ISIL."

It wasn't the first potentially incendiary tweet from Smith, who faces U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Saks, in November.

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so republicans don't cut your head off... But they do sic the IRS on you, don't they?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, a complete nobody from Alabama that had no chance of being elected regardless? Not sure how it's news. Surely, he's a complete idiot, but he wasn't getting elected anyways.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    He is wrong. However...what really has more of an effect on my daily life? ISIS or Republicans? Yep....and they're all ****ing up.
  • Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Uh oh...dont like where this is headed. I prefer not to talk religion, politics, or other people's wives.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    claiming that either of the two major parties in the US are worse than ISIS is just stupid. is this the new Goodwin's Law?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    claiming that either of the two major parties in the US are worse than ISIS is just stupid. is this the new Goodwin's Law?

They are everywhere.....
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Stupid frickin' idiot (Smith, I mean). Fortunately, he'll be all but forgotten after November.

Unfortunately, the level of pure idiocy on all sides of the political spectrum continues to rise to dangerous levels. What should we call this? Globalpolitic Harming? Ciimate Derange? The Greed House Effect?
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Stupid frickin' idiot (Smith, I mean). Fortunately, he'll be all but forgotten after November.

Ideally people that say and do stupid things would be forgotten and quickly, however, it seems like about half of them get elected on both sides of the aisle. Therein lies the perpetual problem. I can't tell if intelligent, reasonable people are no longer interested in political positions, or if they've decided to grab some popcorn and just watch the shitshow that is Washington from a safe distance. Either way, the people that vote for them made their bed, let them sleep in it.

I would love to find a whole list of stupid things elected officials have said(specifically republicans,) but will refrain as I am in a good mood and that's a petty argument. I'm sure we could go on and on about stupid things politicians of all affiliations have said.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    The Greed House Effect
    That one.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)