Home General Discussion

Best Ccom Experience Thread

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
So with a recent post I thought that similar to the "I smoked a good cigar from..." Thread we could post in here some of the best Ccom experiences that we've had.

my most memorable one was actually courtesy of Tina. It was August of 2912 and a week before I had just found out I was going to be a Dad. As usual I had a very tight budget but wanted to but a box to celebrate. Called up Ccom and talked to Tina. She painted me towards the Ramon Bueso Gebesis Torpedos and when she heard I was going to be a Dad she said shed do something special... A few days later my box arrived as well as a 3 pack if My Father Special Robos with a nite telling me congrats. Won't ever forget that and they have a lifelong customer for this type of thought and courtesy every time! I've had similar experiences with The Beard and others too :)
So post em up!
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only been a customer for a few months, but when I wanted to see if I could make my husband's COTM Club order a double, I emailed them. Within 18 minutes (and I sent the email later in the evening) I had an email from Tim (who'd I later learn was The Beard) saying done. Not only did he change it, but the next day the previous two month's worth shipped out!! I was pretty impressed with the level of service and have been a happy customer with all of my dealings with them!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome and thanks for sharing Edna! Btw love your name it has a very special place in my heart. My grandmother passed years ago from cancer and I lived with her until she passed. Her name was Edna as well ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only purchased a few items from CCOM, but it shipped quickly and the cigars that I ordered came with humi-pillow, something that orders from other places did not contain. My biggest problem has been with UPS. Some of the packages that I have received from look like they were being used like soccer balls.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had a bad experience, but the one the sticks out was a package damaged in transit by the PO. I posted about it, and got a phone call from CCom. They offered me a fiver to make up for it and it wasn't their fault.

And I always get great service from KD who I usually place an order with TSWOTM. Except for one day I mixed the order with a bomb and emailed about getting the wrong cigars. I felt like an idiot.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    one time i called up ccom to place an order.

at some point i misspoke and ordered the wrong box.
    when the box got to my house i called them up again and said that i know it was my fault but i got the wrong box. the same sales rep that i placed the order with INSISTED that it was her fault even though i know it wasnt, and emailed me a shipping label to send it back and replace it with the correct box.
    there was a price difference.
    the box i really wanted was about $10 more. they didnt charge me for the extra $10 even though i was willing to pay it.

im not sure how you get better service than that.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome posts gang please keep them coming!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Best experience from ccom is meeting all you guys! Really the customer service is great and yeah my orders from Tina were always well below msrp but getting to know such knowlageable crazies like you guys made my cigar ventures that much better!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received an order about a month ago and in the bottom of the box was one of those special offer flyers that they like to tuck in there. The offer was so good that I couldn't pass it up, but when I added it to my cart the price came up normal. I sent an email to them, (mind you that this was late at night, pacific time) and got a response first ting in the morning. I was having some difficulty communicating the issue thru the email so I decided to call them. I was expecting a call center, long waits, annoyed operators etc... but what I got was Kelly. Fixed the issue and resolved another issue that I asked about (shipping delay) in about 60 seconds. Pleasant, happy, easy to talk to... wow.

I base a lot of my decisions on where to spend my money, on customer service. Needless to say, they earned a customer for life.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC