Home General Discussion

I was defeated by the MOW

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've smoked them before. And I seldom have bad nicotine reactions. So what did I do wrong? Last night was not unusual. I had one beer. I didn't even finish it. Then I had a meal with a fair amount of carbs. (I did eat quite a bit of raw broccoli. Although I can't think why that would have any effect.) Then about halfway through a MOW robusto I realized that feeling was sneaking up on me. I put the stick down and went inside. I didn't feel real bad but I didn't feel real good either. I tried a teaspoon of sugar. I've heard that helps. I stayed up for a while longer and seemed OK before I went to bed.

These had a year of age on them and I guess I bought a ten pack back then because it looks like I have six or seven left. I will try one again soon to see if it was a fluke. If these punch me again I'll be offering them for trade. LOL

Are MOWs really supposed to pack a lot of vitamin N ?

Comments

• New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Well it is a Man O War, blended by Randy AJ. They are generally pretty potent. Kinda like the Obsidian Black. Nasty little gut punchers...but just so damn tasty.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm curious, because a mow with age should be less potent. Plus the fact that you've smoked them before.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know! I'm beginning to suspect the broccoli!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I've smoked lots of those and never had that happen. Even smoke them 1st thing in the morning with coffee sometimes. A Virtue made me feel weird once but I was smoking it way too quick. AB hurt me once too.

Now raw broccoli would make me queasy if I ever ate it. Sure it wasn't gas?
    The3Stogies:
    I've smoked lots of those and never had that happen. Even smoke them 1st thing in the morning with coffee sometimes. A Virtue made me feel weird once but I was smoking it way too quick. AB hurt me once too.

Now raw broccoli would make me queasy if I ever ate it. Sure it wasn't gas?
    LOL. Not gas. LOL No, I'm sure it was the Nico. My experiences like this have been rare, random and mild, I suppose, from comparison to some accounts here on the forum. Oh, and ranch dressing helps the broccoli taste great. I shouldn't call it eating it raw exactly. I don't think even I'd eat it uncooked without some kind of dip or dressing.
    I'm climbing back up on that Nico horse tonight with a Omar Ortez Original Maduro. So far so good.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I've got a MoW torpedo in my humidor that's had been resting for well over a year when I acquired it. I put a few months on it in my humi, and I have been itching to smoke it for a few days. Any pairing suggestions? Other than a big meal.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    youngryan216:
    I've got a MoW torpedo in my humidor that's had been resting for well over a year when I acquired it. I put a few months on it in my humi, and I have been itching to smoke it for a few days. Any pairing suggestions? Other than a big meal.
    I used to drink bourbon or JD almost every time with my cigar without giving it much thought. Nowdays I usually go ahead light up first and let the finish of the cigar help me decide. For me it's sometimes bourbon, gentleman jack or coke. But usually it's just water. I just play it by ear ( so to speak ).