Home Ratings & Reviews

Daily deal

EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried the Bahia Matanzas that are on the daily deal today? I was thinking of picking some up and I can't find a lot of reviews; but the few I do see are fairly positive.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them, good flavor, several I had were a little tight on the draw, but it's a solid smoke.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your review, from what I read that's seems to be the general consensus. They seemed like a good value right now, so I went ahead and bought it. I wish I waited a little while, because I finished seasoning my humi and found that 150 count doesn't hold nearly that many and I don't have the room for them.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to learn all about coolers and kitty litter. It's not hard to do and it's not expensive. You don't even have to add cedar or even cigar boxes. PM me if you're interested in any specific advice.
    I'll probably have to do this in the future, but I gave some to my brother to make room. I'll PM you in the future for some advice, I'm sure. Thanks.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heads up, new guys. Don Pepin Garcia Blue on the DD today. You can't go wrong with these.
    Heads up, new guys. Don Pepin Garcia Blue on the DD today. You can't go wrong with these.
    Very solid cigar that only gets better with age. Definitely one of the better deals as of late.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of good ones up there today.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    box of daruma lanceros for $70....
    i like long & skinny's every now and then but don't need 20 of em

good price

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw that and might be all over it since I have a $25 credit to use, too.  Those are easily in my top 10.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what about these? Did anybody buy this bundle last time they were offered? I remember some conversation about them being an un-banded offering of a familiar discontinued blend. Can't recall the name. 

Osiris Collection I (Green) (6.0"x50) MAZO OF 10

$29.99
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    And what about these? Did anybody buy this bundle last time they were offered? I remember some conversation about them being an un-banded offering of a familiar discontinued blend. Can't recall the name. 

$29.99
    @Bob_Luken --- they're San Miguels by AJF.  good smokes, one of my all time favs especially for the price point.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Bob_Luken said:

$29.99
    @Bob_Luken --- they're San Miguels by AJF.  good smokes, one of my all time favs especially for the price point.

Thanks for the reminder/heads-up on these! Just placed my order...I have sorely missed the San Miguel.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

$29.99
    I believe he was looking for the serie v barber poll. .

I sent him a pm tho.
    gripnrip said:
    jgibv said:
    Bob_Luken said:

$29.99

Thanks for the reminder/heads-up on these! Just placed my order...I have sorely missed the San Miguel.
    Nice!  I ordered some this a.m., wondered if I'd be able to find out what they were.  I loved the San Miguels! :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diesel Days today.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzo of Gurkha....ughhhhhhhhhhhh
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect for @bert873's birthday!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Room 101 today

A little dirt never hurt
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw those, but didn't want to push my luck with the wife. After 15 years I have learned to choose my battles.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Saw those, but didn't want to push my luck with the wife. After 15 years I have learned to choose my battles.
    You actually win?
    After 30 years, I just do and then ask for forgiveness.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience said:
    deadman said:
    You actually win?
     :D not often.
     I do it, she get pissed, eventually she lets it go. Then she brings it up at a later date.
    deadman said:
    0patience said:
    deadman said:
    You actually win?
     I do it, she get pissed, eventually she lets it go. Then she brings it up at a later date.
    Well yeah.
    But if you are smart about it, she brings up trivial things and doesn't know about the big things. LOL!

And after 30 years, they just shake their head and give you that momma look. 
    I give her a big ol' smile and she just calls me a dork and we move on. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    deadman said:
    0patience said:
    deadman said:
    You actually win?
    Well yeah.
    But if you are smart about it, she brings up trivial things and doesn't know about the big things. LOL!

And after 30 years, they just shake their head and give you that momma look. 
    I give her a big ol' smile and she just calls me a dork and we move on. LOL!
    Yeah sounds right
    Well, tonight's daily deal pretty much screwed me.
    Toranos across the board. Crap!
    This is gonna cost me. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you didn't need my PM then!
    @cbuck
    Thank you though.
    I appreciate you having my back, you enabler, you. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything to help a Brother with his CAS!
    Twice Toranos.  Never saw that happen before.

Twice Toranos.  Never saw that happen before.
    Did they change the end time?
    Pretty bad when something comes on the daily deal and you go, "What the he'll is that?"
    Never even seen 2 of those CAO before.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: