Home General Discussion
Options

CAO regional release (Natural Disaster) question.

FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
Yep I am too lazy to use google right now and I know someone here knows

What are the other CAO regional releases that went out with the Earthquake?

Anyone have some and want to trade one for and Earthquake? Found these at a B&M and way over paid for a box of ten on an impulse buy and am now curious to try the others.

My understanding is the Hurricane is a whole different story and not related to this series. But I really liked the Hurricane and that same B&M wanted $18 a piece for those and I know they can be found way cheaper. Ok that was off topic, back to the Earthquake and the others

Comments

• Options
    I can take a hint, used google myself. Here is what I found if any one is interested

Following up on the sales success of the CAO Hurricane, General Cigar Co. is launching a series of regional cigars named after natural disasters, aptly called the CAO Natural Disasters.

Four different 6 x 54 blends will sent to various regions of the country. The central U.S. will receive the CAO Cyclone, which features a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper. Heading to the East is the CAO Heatwave. That cigar features an Ecuadorian wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan filler.

The west region will get the Earthquake which has a Nicaraguan wrapper and binder and fillers from Honduras and Nicaragua.

Returning to the southeast will be the CAO Hurricane. According to the company’s website the cigar features a Nicaraguan wrapper from Jalapa, a Honduran binder and fillers from the Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua.

Each cigar is limited to 1,500 boxes and will be sold in 10-count dome boxes, similar to how the Hurricane was offered last year.

Pricing is around $8 and the cigars are expected to begin shipping this week.
  • Options
    That was copy and pasted just incase anyone was wondering how I managed to spell all them words right.

Does anyone know if the Hurricane is the same blend as the first release?

Anyone got a Heatwave or Cyclone to trade?
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Had never even heard of these before this thread. Glad you were able to find some info though.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Jimmy, no idea if these are worth a darn, haven't even smoked the Earthquake yet (it's soon on my grab from the humi list) but I did have an older Hurricane Joe (djFish) sent me a while back and really liked it.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? No tornado?

Edit: Never mind. I somehow skipped over the "cyclone". But hell, nobody calls tornados cyclones around here. I had to look it up. Any of you guys use the term cyclone when referencing a tornado?
  • Options
    I have a hurricane from a trade or bomb from a while back. I was thinking that they were not making them anymore. I need to get it out and try it.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't heard of these but you've aroused my curiosity. And anything from CAO is bound to be good.
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    I have a hurricane from a trade or bomb from a while back. I was thinking that they were not making them anymore.
    What I thought also and was surprised to read it was released again.

Bob Luken:
    What? No tornado?
    Cyclone, that not count?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    That was copy and pasted just incase anyone was wondering how I managed to spell all them words right.

Does anyone know if the Hurricane is the same blend as the first release?

Anyone got a Heatwave or Cyclone to trade?
    Can't comment on if they're the same blend, haven't smoked any of them.

And I can't help you out with a trade ---- don't have any ---- but got a line on some. I'll shoot you a PM.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    FireRob:
    Bob Luken:
    I have a hurricane from a trade or bomb from a while back. I was thinking that they were not making them anymore.
    What I thought also and was surprised to read it was released again.

Bob Luken:
    What? No tornado?
    Cyclone, that not count?
    I somehow skipped over the "cyclone". But hell, nobody ever calls tornadoes cyclones around here. I had to look it up. Seems like I remember hearing the term Texas Cyclone but I figured it was a bit of word play. I thought a cyclone was the same as a hurricane. But after a little googling I've edumacated myself and both tornadoes and hurricanes are a form of cyclone.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i have all of them. i won a contest a while back that included them all. Since i have all of them, and only 1 of each, i am finding it hard to put them to fire.
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    i have all of them. i won a contest a while back that included them all. Since i have all of them, and only 1 of each, i am finding it hard to put them to fire.
    Of course you have won them all. ;) BURN 'EM! LOL
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    brianetz1:
    Of course you have won them all. ;) BURN 'EM! LOL
    What??? You won a contest??? No way! When you light em up let know what you think of the other two