Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Naked Wine

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found a coupon for $100 for Naked Wines in my new cigar.com mag. Has anyone used this site? Advice?
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that too. Curious myself.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I've seen those before. Sounds like a pretty good deal if you drink much wine. If there was something like that for beer(I'm sure there is, but I'm blissfully unaware and would like to keep it that way) I would be all over it.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used the coupon last Dec, sent the case of wine to my son, who appreciates wine more than I do. I like wine, just don't get it much. He called me a couple months later, had opened a bottle of one of the Reds, don't know which, but said he was really impressed with it. He tends to like Merlot's, Cabernets, etc., and white wines similar to Mosel Valley (German) whites.

hope that helps.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Was there any catch? $100 worth of free wine sounds too good to be true.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    yea the catch is you have to spend atleast 60 bucks. so for 60 bucks you get 6 bottles of 10 dollar wine. its seems fair... unless you really just want to buy 1 fancy bottle... then it makes it a bit sweeter. Read the back.... must make a 160 minimum purchase.

Aj
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    I found a coupon for $100 for Naked Wines in my new cigar.com mag. Has anyone used this site? Advice?
    we ordered a mixed case from them probably 2 years ago. (same thing, found a coupon in ccom magazine.)
    IIRC, after shipping costs and the coupon discount --- it worked out to around $10/bottle.

wife and i aren't big wine drinkers but all the bottles were pretty decent - no way i'd order them without the coupon - but with the discount i definitely think we got our money's worth.
    all the bottles were in line with what i expect a $10 bottle to be, if that makes sense.

one of the reds was exceptional though, we really liked it and tried to hunt down more but didn't have any luck finding it locally.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *