Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

My Favorite Brands 5K Pass

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, look who’s starting another pass. I know, I know. It seems like I’m doing a pass every 1000 posts. Turn out, I AM! This pass will be to commemorate my 5000 posts. At this point in my cigar career, I have really come to know what it is I like and don’t like. This pass will reflect that. It will begin and end only with cigars that I love. That’s right, the only cigars allowed in this pass are ones to which I approve. Since you are not mind readers, I’ll list them. Pretty much anything made by Kelner/Davidoff, Pepin, Litto, Habanos, Fuente, or Padron. Some of those should be obvious which sticks it includes. Kelner/Davidoff would include Davidoff, Zino Platinum, AVO, Camacho, and Room101. Pepin includes My Father, DPG, Tatuaje, and most other sticks made at his factory. If you are not aware, Litto Gomez makes his namesake and LFD. Habanos, Fuente, and Padron should be self explanatory. So, we aren’t looking at a small list, but not a wide open one either. I will start the pass with cigars from this list. I expect all substitutions in the pass to be from this list. That way, when you sign up, you will have a very good idea of what will be in the pass and what you should plan on putting into the pass. So if that list looks like the contents of your humidor, sign up! To participate in this pass, you should be an established member of the trading/bombing community here. I guess that would mean that you have been involved in sending 3 or more trades or bombs (or contest wins, PIFs, etc). You should have a decent selection of the sticks listed above. The last thing you want is to only have 3 possible puts and have all 3 of them already in the pass. Which leads to the next rule, avoid duplicates. Passes are about variety and having three of the same cigar defeats that. Takes and puts should be equal on a per cigar basis. Do not take a $20 cigar and replace it with four $5 cigars. That dilutes the pass and in general is a big no-no in all passes. Don’t take a $10 cigar and replace with two $10 cigars. That’s a bigger no-no!!!! Lol, my goal is not to come out ahead in the end. I just want to provide some fun on the forum and provide the opportunity to try some new sticks. My goal is to keep this pass on the smaller side. I won't put a firm cap on the number of participants, but I try to keep my passes in the low teens or less. Don't need this thread taking up space next year! I would also like to keep the size of the pass (physically) a little smaller. It will start out around a dozen sticks. It should end that way, as well. I would appreciate if the last guys on the list can ship this for around $5, not $15. Soooooo.........who wants in???? Participants: Darktower007 jimmyv723 kingjk729 rsherman24 Lee.mcglynn smoke em thedjfish matkn293 onestrangeone danielzreyes jliu blutattoo Bigshizza SleevePlz
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inzo!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Inzo!
    Right on! If no one else signs up, does this qualify as a pass or a trade??? Feel free to add that to the list of existential questions that you ponder late at night.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets make it a 3-way. In
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 5000 posts and cool idea for a pass. We share a lot of the same favorites but not sure I have enough stuff to hang with something like this.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Glad to have you Sherm. Jimmy, you are welcome to join if you're up for it.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    teach i'm in!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:

What the hell, count me in. Just not really up on what some stuff goes for because honestly haven't had or purchased a lot of the higher end stuff yet. Will definitely run stuff by you though because don't want to be "that guy" in the pass lmao.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    In like Flint
  • Options
    jimmyv723:
    SleevePlz:

What the hell, count me in. Just not really up on what some stuff goes for because honestly haven't had or purchased a lot of the higher end stuff yet. Will definitely run stuff by you though because don't want to be "that guy" in the pass lmao.
    It's not going to be all high end stuff. I plan on doing a variety of stuff from say $5 - $20. There should be stuff in there at whatever value you want.
  • Options
    Updated first post. Couple hours in and already up to 5 participants. Very cool.
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    jimmyv723:
    SleevePlz:

It's not going to be all high end stuff. I plan on doing a variety of stuff from say $5 - $20. There should be stuff in there at whatever value you want.

Why I decided to join in. This and Doug's pass going around now will be the first two I've actually participated in so it will be fun. It's always been cool seeing them as they progress so will be nice participating in a couple now.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a lot of posting! Congrats, Tony. You help make this forum a very cool place.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In.... Herr Shafty, but the last guy shipping for $5? Really? Btw ask Lee for the pic with him and Litto the other day, thought of you-- jelly.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Thats a lot of posting! Congrats, Tony. You help make this forum a very cool place.
    Thanks Gray!
    Bigshizza:
    In.... Herr Shafty, but the last guy shipping for $5? Really? Btw ask Lee for the pic with him and Litto the other day, thought of you-- jelly.
    You know I'm going to try to find a way to keep you guys from bombing me at the end. Maybe shipping price guilt will work??? I have to try, right?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    You know I'm going to try to find a way to keep you guys from bombing me at the end. Maybe shipping price guilt will work??? I have to try, right?

LOL. May not get into a Large flat rate, but the $5 will be out first stop
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knock knock teach...can a brother get in on this pass? I left something out of the quest for 300 box I sent to you anyway!
  • Options
    Wouldn't be the same without ya, RoRo.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    In if you'll have me.
  • Options
    blutattoo:
    In if you'll have me.
    I will. Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to join in on this if I can. I MIGHT be able dig out something interesting from your list.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Teach!!!
  • Options
    Gotcha Nathan. Thanks Rain.
  • Options
    I feel obligated to say that after you agreed with me in NCR.Now we see how the government works. ;)
  • Options
    Rain:
    I feel obligated to say that after you agreed with me in NCR.Now we see how the government works. ;)
    You saying you don't really like me??? Do I need to bomb you another MOW Anthology???
  • Options
    Of course I like you! I was saying...ah, let me get my foot out of my mouth...Come one, come all and join the AMAZING pass!
  • Options
    Rain:
    the AMAZING pass!
    Meh, I ran out of "good" ideas, so I went with what I like. Don't want to steal his thunder, but Trident has a really cool pass idea that he's doing shortly. That one might be amazing....
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hhhhhmmmmmmmm I only have $5 cigars though
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Hhhhhmmmmmmmm I only have $5 cigars though
    Just put 4 of them in and take a $20 premi.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey tony what if the original cost was low but the rarity is high??
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am down if you will have me.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!