Home Non Cigar Related
Options

everything turns out right

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Used to be, you heard the word mass, it meant an elite fellow wearing a white coat and intoning Latin phrases was gonna take a bit of your money, hand you magically created body and blood, keep you out of hell, declare you saved, so you can live eternally. Nowadays, you hear the word mass, it means an elite fellow wearing a white coat, intoning Latin phrases, is gonna take all your money, remove some of your own body and blood, put you through a year and a half of radiation and chemo hell, declare remission, then you die in five years.

Last month, an elite fellow told Bearswatter she had a mass between her spine and throat. Sposed to be why she keeps losing her voice and has trouble swallowing. Last week got a hightechscanogramograph with dye. Turns out it's just her carotids. Some bizarre birth defect sent those arteries in behind her throat instead of the usual side routes. They can go in surgically and... NO! Stop right there doc. Them are her brain feeders. How bout let's just don't mess with them.

So we had a pretty good week, we thought. Celebrated Saturday by eating out. Not enough, had to eat Mexican breakfast out Sunday. Buy some of those spensive fragile glass whatthehellisthatfors girls love to put on a shelf, from an antiques guy. Still not enough, yesterday bought the grandson in Utah a laptop he can pick up at his local Best Buy, then ate Mexican dinner. We're feelin good.

Then this afternoon, a grand-daughter out in Utah goes into labor. Fore ya know it, seven pounds nine ounces, 19 inches, all parts wiggling as advertised.

Last Tuesday? Ya think? Not nearly so cool as this Tuesday.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear all is ok and congrats on the new wiggler!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new family member. And it's good to hear the other good news too :)
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear! Yes, I wouldnt mess with brain feeders unless you have to
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Glad to hear things are going in the right direction Brother, And Congrats on he new Addition to the Den !
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Good news all around and congrat's on the newborn too. Ain't life just grand sometimes
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    As we Jews say, Mazel Tov on the new addition to your family and your other good news. Knock on wood it continues.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the expression on his face, either he just hit the walk off grand slam in the Little League World Series...

.... or else he's brest fed

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Great news! It always makes the heart happy when it rolls in for ya. :) Congrats!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That's priceless right there, can't help but smile at that. Looks like he's got the world by the ass and a downhill start.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinnin' like he's listening to great-grandpappy tellin' stories. Glad to hear all the good news, Davis. Both developments are the sort that make you realize how precious life is...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon