Home General Discussion

First one.

Do you remember the cigar that you very first tried?
Mine was a CAO Moontrance
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cohiba red dot. At least that is the first one that got me interested in cigars

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swisher Sweet. circa 1970.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    My first cigar was a sweet tipped, pre-punched cigar called Hula Girl from Hawaii. Immediately after was my first premium, the Man O' War Virtue.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you count Swisher's then it was 2003. But I'll go with premium and it was a Corona infused cigar. I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me but it was delicious and was what got me started.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    An unknown Cuban. It was the last day of a study abroad trip in Geneva. The host gifted several to one of our professors. He didn't want to try to bring them back, so he shared with a few of us.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Macanudo. Waited until I was 18 and had it within the week.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I tune the dial on my way-back machine to when I was barely a grown-up,...... Nope. Don't recall exactly what type of cigar. I do remember a tan plastic tubo with a brown cap that I saved for a while but it probably wasn't from THE first cigar. Even my current era love affair with cigars began with an unknown (and un-banded) cigar from a shop whose name I don't recall. The only cool part is that it may have been fresh rolled at that very shop. There were a couple of rolling tables set up in the window of the shop to get your attention. I didn't enjoy the cigar much but I enjoyed the ritual and my attempt at the ritual. I'm glad I kept trying and found that there were better cigars out there, otherwise I'd think you were all idiots for suckin' on those rolled up burning leaves.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Tan plastic tubo with a brown cap sounds like Garcia y Vegas?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the early 70s. I pilfered a cigar from my dad's or uncle's cigar box.
    Can't recall exactly which one it was, but they usually only had swisher, RyJ or one other that slips my mind.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swisher Outlaws. The shaggy ones. We thought we were Clint Eastwood.
  • heels0303heels0303 Posts: 53
    Unfortunately, an Art Deco...I still wonder why I continued to smoke after that
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Backwoods in 1998. I was a junior in high school on a camping trip. From there I was given an AF and was hooked.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    My first cigar was a sweet tipped, pre-punched cigar called Hula Girl from Hawaii. Immediately after was my first premium, the Man O' War Virtue.
    Yeah baby!!

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Stole an El Producto from my old man when I was a kid, wanted to blow smoke rings like he did, lol.

1st primo was a Vegas-Classic, still a favorite.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swizzer Sweet in the 60's for me. I could grab the wood tip in my teeth while riding my 250 Honda Scrambler in the dirt.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swisher Sweet in the 60's for me. The wood tip on the Swisher made the cigar only thing I could smoke while dirt riding my Honda Scrambler.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    A cuban in 1966 from a friend of the family...been a lifelong cigar smoker ever since...48 years...yikes!
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    The3Stogies:
    Stole an El Producto from my old man when I was a kid, wanted to blow smoke rings like he did, lol.

lol El Producto? That used to be George Burns' cigar. Dont make 'em like they used to. My first cigar I think was a cuban romeo y julieta (around 1997 - I was 17). I remember nobody was home and I took one from my dad's nightstand (He didn't believe in humidors I guess). So anyway, I knew nothing about cigars, so I proceeded to poke a few holes into the cap with a toothpick and I lit it up with a match. Then, I decided to see how much smoke I could make and I kept taking deep puffs like a locomotive. Then I passed out on the sofa in cold sweats. Bad experience. Most recently however, 5 weeks ago, I had a Davidoff 2000 "Its a Boy!" tubo to celebrate the birth of my son. I enjoyed it and decided to get more involved.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Can't remember exactly which one but one of the Machine Made ones but my first actual one was a Macanudo I got at the Venetian while in Vegas for my BDay.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't remember the brand, but it was an over-priced premi-prem I picked up after dinner at Big Daddy's in Kure Beach, North Carolina. Nothin' like a cigar on the beach after some crab legs!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Romeo y Julieta 1875
  • Estaban Carerra - chupa cabra during my last rotation to the National Training Center (NTC) at FT. Irwin, CA
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    The3Stogies:

lol El Producto? That used to be George Burns' cigar. Dont make 'em like they used to.

Yup, he used to like them because they didn't go out when he was talking on stage. Bet they were Cubans too.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The very first one ever, swisher of course somewhere around 77. First real one Macanudo, Prince of Wales 97? The one that started this obsession and led to insanity, LFD Airbender, New Years Eve 2012.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    first i ever smoked was a dutchmaster corona.my grandfather in law smoked them every day.was his way of welcoming to the family .smoked it in his garage after easter dinner one year.i still smoke one once in awhile in his memory.
    no matter where you go, there you are.