Home Ratings & Reviews

A.J. Fernandez - New World

ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
Just saw this on FB. Kinda excited.

(from Halfwheel)
New World is a blend of Nicaraguan tobacco, described by the company as “medium-full.” It uses a Nicaraguan oscuro wrapper, binder from Jalapa, and fillers from Condega, Ometempe and ligero from Finca Soledad in Estelí. It’s offered in four sizes: Gobernador (6 1/2 x 55), Navegante (5 1/2 x 55), Virrey (6 x 58) and Almirante, a 5 1/2 x 55 Belicoso. The suggested retail price is listed at $6 and the cigars are sold in boxes of 21.

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm down..you know wifey aint letting you buy them when they come out!! HAHAHA
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box Pressed yahoo
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    *Heavy breathing*
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Ok. That looks awesome
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that looks tasty!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Dibs.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Can I just say, especially after my last rant about cigar bands, that I love the use of this footband! Since the main band doesn't distinguish it as being from AJ, I think the footband serves a very nice purpose of letting a consumer at a B&M know who the blender is without doing a bunch of research. Very cool. Love the price point as well!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for some. Looking forward to it
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just drooled on my keyboard...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty slick box press. Id smoke one!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Have come back to this thread 10 times just to look at it again :)
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Dibs.
    No it's Dubs, not dibs.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    No kidding. A blend by AJ and his father? Must have. Just hope it's not crazy expensive. I think they said msrp was 120 to 140 though.
    wwhwang:
    honorknight7:
    No kidding. A blend by AJ and his father? Must have. Just hope it's not crazy expensive. I think they said msrp was 120 to 140 though.
    Suppose to land in the $6 range
    ddubridge:
    wwhwang:
    honorknight7:
    Box or box split?? Not sure when they're released? I know it's a big roll out at the ICPR.
    Bigshizza:
    ddubridge:
    wwhwang:
    honorknight7:
    Box or box split?? Not sure when they're released? I know it's a big roll out at the ICPR.
    I'd split one with you. I thought I read somewhere that it would be on retail shelves mid August.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    If you compare price vs. value then the New World is an excellent smoke. Most probably I won't buy Padron regular line anymore. It has a lots of flavors, sweetness with dimensional fruity/floral aroma. I've smoked few already and will get a box. They are all boxed pressed and my fav. size is the torpedo. AJ offered aggressive price on it and I have no doubt it will be popular after the release. photo image_zps3e3b0f29.jpg photo 055c98c3-903d-4436-b479-9d0c160bb25f_zps0dd61aec.jpg photo image_zps1f9233bc.jpg
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Do you have information on wrapper, binder, filler?

Edit - just read the original post which has that info. Looks like a tasty cigar.
    Yum
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Just FYI, cigar manufacturers never reveal the true blends. This is a standard business practice for the fierce competition in the industry. As result, whatever you read please take with a grain of salt.
    Chemnitz:
    Do you have information on wrapper, binder, filler?

Edit - just read the original post which has that info. Looks like a tasty cigar.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    "I am especially proud to announce that my father Ismael Fernandez who recently retired after 17 years with the Plasencia family has now joined the A.J. Fernandez family. New World marks the first cigar that we work on together since he joined the company. “ - A.J FernadezPhoto: "I am especially proud to announce that my father Ismael Fernandez who recently retired after 17 years with the Plasencia family has now joined the A.J. Fernandez family. New World marks the first cigar that we work on together since he joined the company. “ - A.J Fernadez
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When these get released, I would like to do a box split if any one is interested.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    So how are they?! My wife would not be swayed, even though I walked around pouting all day.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And its box pressed......yahoo.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    When these get released, I would like to do a box split if any one is interested.
    Patrick I would be interested in splitting a box with you.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Good stuff guys!!
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Good stuff guys!!
    I'm patiently waiting. Patrick is sending out my half of the box today or tomorrow. Cannot wait to try!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are good, and you will have yours on Monday. Right out of the box burned great and had a nice flavor. Looking forward to having one after some rest.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I want AJ to do a full Dominican tobacco stick. I'm kinda over his Nica stuff lately. Maybe my palate is angry with AJ. Maybe this stick will change that though.
    dennisking:
    I want AJ to do a full Dominican tobacco stick.
    That would be awesome.