Home Pipes

Lat smell cross breeding with cigars

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Well...my last order from CCom, I grabbed a bundle of 4x4, along with some latakia and perique for blending. They were shipped in the same box and it took a week via snail mail. This lat has a wonderful stank to it, I mean my whole room smells like lat now, even though it is in my tobacco drawer. I received the cigars on Monday with the baccy, and today I took them out of the freezer. They smell like Lat! and I mean as soon as I took them out of the freezer bag I could smell it on each cigar lol. So, I wrapped them in newspaper and will let them dry out for a couple days. After that, I will pull the newspaper, add cedar sheets, and boveda, and keep them in a bag for a week or so to see if the lat goes away. I will report my findings here. In the meantime, I do not think I will be ordering cigars and pipe tobacco in the same box again lol.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Opened them up today and the smell was gone, problem solved. I guess newspaper soaked up the excess scent!
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I am glad it worked out for you. The bulk stuff can be very aromatic. I have never bought cigars and bulk together but I had not considered this as a possible issue. I am very glad you shared this with us.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    very good information to remember for sure!

Aj
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I would not recommend ordering cigars and bulk ever again. I was surprised when I opened the bag after the cigars had been in the freezer 5 days. Every single one had that unmistakable lat smell. Obviously, it was not that big of a deal because a night wrapped in newspaper did the trick. However, it was apparent that a week in a box via transit was enough to crossbreed aromas.