Home Ratings & Reviews

Palo Prieto

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Anybody had these, and if so what are your thoughts? I've had two and thought they were great smokes, plus the price is good. Add that to some upper middle class packaging and I feel like these are real winners.image

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinny bombed me one a month or so back....been eying it ever since, that gold sleeve and blue band really "pop"

Might fire it up this weekend if time allows. I'll let you know when I do, thanks for the input Randy.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I think i sent one to Randy as well. Solid smokes! Kinda one note all the way through but it's a good consistent flavor.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a solid mild cigar that would pair great with coffee, very little bitterness which was nice with good flavor
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen these before. Looks like a good one to try!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    The guy who makes these is a real diamond in the rough. Huge heritage in cigars and relatively undiscovered. He blended Padillas 68 once upon a time and can work tobacco like no one I have ever met. I have seen him turn third grade tobacco into to AAA leaf. Palo is a great smoke and one that is is made in honor of his lineage. Highly recommend, especially for the price. Not saying he uses third grade tobacco, just speaking to his talent. Pali uses good stuff but he still works it like a maestro!
    I got a box for like $20 if anyone wants to try one just let me know.
    Bigshizza:
    Jim, would love to trade for a few.
    Gray4lines:
    Bigshizza:
    I will get a few out to you next week
    Thanks, youll have a few coming too.
    Bigshizza:
    Gray4lines:
    Bigshizza:
    I will get a few out to you next week
    On it's way to Gray and Wayne!!
    Thankyou, Jim
    photo 20140710_143637_zpsimlh1fbd.jpgWhat I expected:

What I got: photo 20140710_143824_zpsohduk06w.jpg Thank you, Jim! All new to me. I hope you enjoy your end too.
    Gotta make it interesting, right? Enjoy!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray, you've been around long enough you should know better coming from Jim. Always have to be on high alert with the Shizz and expect maximum damage from the start like pic #2 LOL!!!!
    Nicely done Jim.

Still haven't put fire to mine ....
    Moved it to the the top row of the glass top humi so I don't keep "passing it by".
    If I get time for a smoke in this weekend .... it will meet a fiery demise.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Gray, you've been around long enough you should know better coming from Jim. Always have to be on high alert with the Shizz and expect maximum damage from the start like pic #2 LOL!!!!
    Nicely done Jim.

Still haven't put fire to mine ....
    Moved it to the the top row of the glass top humi so I don't keep "passing it by".
    If I get time for a smoke in this weekend .... it will meet a fiery demise.
    I figured with my time here, Jim should know not to play games with me. Jim, I know youre outta school for the summer, but I am teaching you a lesson.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried the one from COTM last month. Didn't really give it enough rest time, HUGE ring gauge didn't suit me well, but the tobacco was very nice. An unusual background flavor I can't quite name, but very nice indeed. I foresee trying some more, as long as they come in other sizes. Gonna go check, now.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I read this, I will wait to fire mine.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Just tried the one from COTM last month. Didn't really give it enough rest time, HUGE ring gauge didn't suit me well, but the tobacco was very nice. An unusual background flavor I can't quite name, but very nice indeed. I foresee trying some more, as long as they come in other sizes. Gonna go check, now.
    I picked up a fiver from CCOM awhile back. Nice flavor, but the ring gauge is much bigger than I like.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1
    I recently tried a COTM-provided Palo Prieto, thought it was excellent, (i love big gauges) picked up two boxes on heavy discount. They seemed glue-minty, so I removed the sleeves & let them rest in the humidor a month. Tried one, still a mintyish flavor, like kindergarten paste. Gonna give it a few more months.
    ChuckD:
    I recently tried a COTM-provided Palo Prieto, thought it was excellent, (i love big gauges) picked up two boxes on heavy discount. They seemed glue-minty, so I removed the sleeves & let them rest in the humidor a month. Tried one, still a mintyish flavor, like kindergarten paste. Gonna give it a few more months.
    I noticed this too!! I will have to remove the sleeve.