Home Non Cigar Related

Need some ideas for my upcoming...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
28th wedding anniversary. Problem is, the tag team of a bad first quarter and the tax man have severely restricted the family budget. So, I'm looking for ideas for something cool to do to celebrate that are very inexpensive or free, but would be memorable and romantic to her.

What are some of the best low budget romantic activities you've done with your significant other (aside from the obvious answer)? Thanks in advance for the help.
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations sir. My 15 us next week and we are in the same boat. We are only going to dinner this year. There are tons of places with nice views for dinner. Instead of paying $100/person, go to happy hour for a couple of drinks and a drop dead gorgeous view. Go on a picnic at a lake (sorry 70 degrees here) before that and hang out together.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    If you live in the same city why don't you take her on a date to the same place where you guys first dated. If you don't, then try to upload a bunch of photos that you've taken through the years, make a slideshow set to music that corresponds with those times, and put it on a cd. It'd take some time, but I'd bet she'd love it.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Maybe yall could do something that takes you back to the moment you 2 first met?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do some exploring, a day trip and just chill and get lunch and relax. Congrats! My friend!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! I really like the previous ideas of taking her to the place where you first met, or a memorable date or something. Or do something she doesn't expect, like make dinner if you don't normally cook. A nice message, perhaps. Rent the first movie you two saw together and watch again. My guess is you didn't watch it much the first time :-)
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic ideas so far!! Who knew cigar guys were so romantically creative? Please keep 'em coming. Thank you!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the idea of doing something unexpected. Especially some kind of housework your wife regularly does. Eg. Wake up early the morning of your anniversary or a day nearby and clean the kitchen. I mean really clean it - scrub the floors, do the dishes, unpack the dishwasher, wipe down all the counters, clean the stove top, etc. so that when she walks in it glistens. It might work well combined with one of these other suggestions. Congrats!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Wine trail or just a tasting. Pack a picnic and buy her favorite bottle from the tasting. Go to a local or state park for the day and enjoy the time together. Don't forget the corkscrew. If the weather allows, that is.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the actual date?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
    Echambers:
    When is the actual date?
    May 17th. I really like the idea of taking her on a nostalic road trip. We met at Geneva College when we were students there. I'm thinking a drive there to walk around campus and a visit to a local establishment might be just the ticket!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Echambers:
    When is the actual date?
    May 17th. I really like the idea of taking her on a nostalic road trip. We met at Geneva College when we were students there. I'm thinking a drive there to walk around campus and a visit to a local establishment might be just the ticket!
    That sounds like a great idea to me, Doug.
    And congrats to you and your wife on the upcoming anniversary.
    But I bet your wife (and you) will enjoy that .... spend the day together, walk around your Alma mater, and have a picnic at one of your old favorite spots, or grab a bite to eat or cup of coffee from your favorite restaurant during your time there (assuming it's still in business, seems restaurants go in-and-out and change names on a monthly basis where I am).

My wife loves to do "nostalgic" things like that, only problem is she has a much, much better memory than me so sometimes I inadvertently take her someplace nostalgic and she'll have to spark my memory and remind me of the last time we were at that place, whoops!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Echambers:
    When is the actual date?
    That sounds like a great idea to me, Doug.
    And congrats to you and your wife on the upcoming anniversary.
    But I bet your wife (and you) will enjoy that .... spend the day together, walk around your Alma mater, and have a picnic at one of your old favorite spots, or grab a bite to eat or cup of coffee from your favorite restaurant during your time there (assuming it's still in business, seems restaurants go in-and-out and change names on a monthly basis where I am).

My wife loves to do "nostalgic" things like that, only problem is she has a much, much better memory than me so sometimes I inadvertently take her someplace nostalgic and she'll have to spark my memory and remind me of the last time we were at that place, whoops!!
    Haha! Reminds me of the episode of Duck Dynasty when Uncle Si was taking Phil and Miss Kay on a trip down Memory Lane. LOL
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got some love comin your way brother
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! My wife has always said, it's not the money you spend on me, it's that you spent time planning, and trying to make me happy. Hmmm..well for me I'm no wealthy man, but surprises, picnicks, feeding the ducks at the park, painting her toenails ( I'm gonna catch hell from that one) always work great. It's amazing that in every city I've lived in, there's always somewhere new, and almost free to go, when I actually drive around and look. Especially when I was in college and a broke waiter..:) I'm not a waiter anymore, but sometimes I feel just as broke. Lol good luck with your anniversary!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats puffer!! Nothing but good wishes for you and the wife on your anniversary, the wife and I will be celebrating our 23rd anny this weekend (may 4th) .we find ourselves in a similar situation been a hard year with her out of work and a slow down on o.t at work.we usually do a 3 day weekend out of town but not this year-so we decided to do some day trips ,one day hit the beach watch the sunset,next day drive up to visit her aunt in Georgia,and the best idea my wife had as our 'gift' to us will be buying season passes to the Jacksonville zoo.its a 20 minute drive from home.70 bucks a year for both of us and something we can do once or twice a month for some us time.solo looking at dropping under200 for the whole deal.and looking forward to well of it"!
    no matter where you go, there you are.