Home Cigar 101

Wireless Hygrometer?

I had an idea/question about hygrometers...Instead of having to open up the box every time I want to see the %, is there a product that transmits the hygrometer's readings to a digital readout somewhere else?

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Yes, Xikar makes one that you can have up to three Hygros in three humi's and read it from one monitor up to 60' away. The reviews here have not been good or positive. I have had mine up and running for about two weeks and am very happy with it. Keep one remote hygro in my 500 count humidor chest that i keep in an area not exactly easy to get to and open up. I keep the other two remotes in my coolador. Sorry not good and posting a clickable link but I am sure someone will comealong and do it.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using the corded ones for my aging humis...seems too work well but IMO just makes it easier to read. If you have a actual humi then I doubt you want to drill but since I use coolers wth
    Money can't buy taste
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    I use one that allows me to put up to 8 hygrometers on one monitoring station. Works great in my coolers that I store in my basement and my other humis. Check on the from on top of the monolith. Each one of the monitoring stations has a digital read out and you can calibrate and adjust each one
  • Thanks for all the info! I only have 2 humidors...do you think its worth the money to get one of these systems of just stick to what I have?
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Lowest price I found for a Xikar base station with one remote hygrometer is about $62 and extra remote sensors for $30. Rob sounds happy with them. If they work it seems better than having to open and close your humidor/coolidor.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great timing. I have been thinking about grabbing one of these, but have had terrible luck with the self calibration on the small Xikar models. Just saw a review of these on a site.

Xikar Review
    On my three remotes when tested with a large 72 bovida pack in a large zip lock bag. One was right on, one was 1% high and one was 1% low. I put a little label on the monitor and one on each remote to remind me how far off each remote was.
    ejasenovic:
    Thanks for all the info! I only have 2 humidors...do you think its worth the money to get one of these systems of just stick to what I have?
    I’d say only you can answer that. If it were me, , if it works and your happy with it, I would keep what you have for now. If you move into the coolador world or get another humidor and need more hygro’s then maybe that would be the time to spend the money and go to this system. If you’re really tired of having to open your humidor to check the humidity and temperature, and you have the money to spend, then get it.
  • FireRob:
    ejasenovic:
    Thanks for all the info! I only have 2 humidors...do you think its worth the money to get one of these systems of just stick to what I have?
    I’d say only you can answer that. If it were me, , if it works and your happy with it, I would keep what you have for now. If you move into the coolador world or get another humidor and need more hygro’s then maybe that would be the time to spend the money and go to this system. If you’re really tired of having to open your humidor to check the humidity and temperature, and you have the money to spend, then get it.

Logic prevails once again! Thanks! And thanks again to everyone for their input!
    So what did logic tell you? Going to wait I'll assume?
  • Yeah I'm going to wait. No need to spend the extra $ on a system I don't totally need...might as well spend it on cigars instead!