Home Non Cigar Related

Did you know ?!

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
That Google is not actually a search engine. But actually the largest research company in the world. And everytime you google something it goes into a file with every bit of info on you that is available along with your picture and a pic of your residence. And of course all of this info is for sale. Food for thought huh.

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    How do you know this? When I googled it, I could not find any info on this...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A call in radio show I was listening to spent a whole segment on it one day. It was very interesting. Since people don't want to actually give out their info freely to research companies someone figured out how to get it without you being aware. And once you on Google they track every link you look at to see what you are looking up. And if you actually used google to look this up I wouldn't imagine you'll get any where on it. It's not something they want you to know. But there are programs you can buy to keep them and others from tracking what you look at.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    And if you actually used google to look this up I wouldn't imagine you'll get any where on it.
    No, I didn’t actually try to google anything about this. I was just being an ironic smart @$$. It is interesting in deed and I wouldn’t be surprised by any of it. Laity all google is going to get from me is lots of cigar research and that might be good for all of us here.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but this is a myth. It's a browser, through the use of cookies, that allows your linking activity to be collected by web sites and used to serve up targeted ads and other content. This will happen whether you use Google or not. Simply use of the Google search engine will not give Google your name or your home address (although it can give them your IP address) or other personal information. Now, if you're logged into a Google account (such as gmail) and have provided them with this information when you signed up, that's another story, which is why if you have gmail you should always log out of that account if you want your browsing activity kept relatively confidential Believe me, I'm no fan of the Google maps and its other ways of robbing even non-web-users of their privacy, but this idea of random google searches giving your personal information to Google is just misinformation.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Google is not actually a search engine.
    Of course it's a search engine. And a very useful one at that. And free. And ubiquitous.
    Rhamlin:
    But actually the largest research company in the world. ...And of course all of this info is for sale.
    Which is how they support their gigantic enterprise.

How would you pay for the enormous effort required?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Necro Post!)

Did you know,......... that "balls to the wall" has nothing to do with testicles? 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know. I've always wanted to go balls to the wall, but I've been afraid of the consequences.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • EssPee2uEssPee2u Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    did you know you can't lick your own elbow?
    Keep it Smokey
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    According to Google, Balls to the Wall is Cape Cod's Premier Family Entertainment. Mus' be true, because it's on the interwebs. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Balls Out" is in reference to the governors that were on steam engines - when it was spinning as fast as safely possible, the balls on the spinning governor would swing up and limit the rpm's.  So if you were 'balls out' that was as fast as you could go.

I'd bet 'balls to the walls' is a derivative of 'balls out'.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    "Balls Out" is in reference to the governors that were on steam engines - when it was spinning as fast as safely possible, the balls on the spinning governor would swing up and limit the rpm's.  So if you were 'balls out' that was as fast as you could go.

I'd bet 'balls to the walls' is a derivative of 'balls out'.

Not train related but, similar outcome. And, It's also pertains to a mode of transportation. 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EssPee2u said:
    did you know you can't lick your own elbow?
    I have been trying all day with no luck. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Did you know that when a male bee climaxes their testicles explode and they die?

Keep it Smokey
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Balls to the wall is from early air craft.
    Full forward and all out were also from aircraft.
    Yeah, I know. No one really wanted to know that.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Yakster said:
    THEY were able to lick their own elbows - I said YOU can't lick you own elbow hehehehe...care to post your own video @Yakster
    Keep it Smokey