Home General Discussion
Options

Mason jars...

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Would they make an ok humi?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    I would assume so. Since they have have decent seals and maybe a boveda pack in there.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I have used them before in an tight pinch. Also good travel containers since im poor
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    Or maybe even something thats glass with a seal....
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    I have used them before in an tight pinch. Also good travel containers since im poor

how long did you have the sticks in the jar?
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    over 2 weeks. Just check on them every now and then. Its pretty much a redneck version of this image
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    Yeah i just saw that in the CCOM humidor page. lol
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Works great. Boveda pack and line it with cedar sheet.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    pickle jars........

Aj
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    No pickle jars. Not only are they a pain to even try to get the smell out of, if ever, their seals are not rubberized. Mason jars seal much better than a pickle jar that has already been opened.
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Marker:
    No pickle jars. Not only are they a pain to even try to get the smell out of, if ever, their seals are not rubberized. Mason jars seal much better than a pickle jar that has already been opened.
    Pickle infused cigars?
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrislolds:
    Marker:
    Pickle infused cigars?
    "A limited release from Drew Estate...hitting shelves this summer" ;-)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    chrislolds:
    Marker:
    Pickle infused cigars?
    "A limited release from Drew Estate...hitting shelves this summer" ;-)
    i do love some good pickles but if it's DE I guess I miss out again lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    we wash them before we use them..... try some bleach and a day in the sun.. ive never had a problem. im going on 12 pickle jars. and many here have smoked my sticks with out pickle complaints.

Aj
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    over 2 weeks. Just check on them every now and then. Its pretty much a redneck version of this image
    I got a couple if those. Throw in a water pillow and your set. They look good on a desktop.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Marker:
    we wash them before we use them..... try some bleach and a day in the sun.. ive never had a problem. im going on 12 pickle jars. and many here have smoked my sticks with out pickle complaints.

Aj
    What?? I thought you told me those were Drew Estates new Classen Infused stick! Just kidding... nope... never tasted a pickle and I've smoked quite a few of his.