Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    How long before the show gets a cigar?
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    How long before the show gets a cigar?
    that would be awesome......the style of the house crests would really lend themselves to a cigar band.....but i don't think tobacco is a big part of the show so i doubt the tie in would work.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    WTF does Makers Mark and Duck Dynasty have to do with cigars?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:

Have no idea about Duck D but I have more then once had a Makers Mark and a good cigar.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    photo 13704-game-of-thrones-stark-winter-is-coming_zpsf0f15f74.jpg

I have watched all 3 seasons on DVD over the past 3 days....so much to remember. After last years massacre I am at a loss to even guess what is going to happen next. The Dragon Lady did say she won't be taking her clothes off again.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    More to do with target demographics, I'm betting we cigar lovers are a vast minority of fans of Thrones.

I've read the full series so I know WHERE the story is going but I'm always excited to see HOW it gets translated into TV.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've watched a few episodes of Game of Thrones here and there but The DVR is getting loaded with the HBO marathon so I have now started from the beginning. I'm only three episodes in. Seems like a mideval parallel world so cigars and tobacco were not part of that time period in actual history. We may never see a cigar-TV tie in for this one.
    How many TV tie-in cigars are there now. Are there any that have come and gone like the CAO Sopranos that I'm not aware of?
    Cao Soprano
    Sons of Anarchy
    Duck Dynasty
    What others are there? Maybe some old ones from way back? Anybody know? Did any Old TV and Movie stars or TV shows have cigar branding arrangements? What about George Burns? Seems likely.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Im gonna start Game of Thrones here in a bit. My friend is major into it.

and on a side not i almost scored a box of Cao Sopranos (but they mis counted stock and i was one away)
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HBO has done a great job with this. The books are great and well written. The first time he pulls a stunt (trying to not give it away) you are shocked. But the 4th and 5th time.he does the same think it is lame and predictable. I want to see where it goes but the books just piss you off even though they are good. Know what I mean?
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    HBO has done a great job with this. The books are great and well written. The first time he pulls a stunt (trying to not give it away) you are shocked. But the 4th and 5th time.he does the same think it is lame and predictable. I want to see where it goes but the books just piss you off even though they are good. Know what I mean?
    I know a lot of people who feel that way, for me it is okay because the turns he takes fit rationally with the story and are in general more realistic than most fantasy/sci-fi where it always works out for the nice guys in the end. And I totally get that most of the time when we read we want entertainment not reality, but I like the way he has put the stories together. I enjoy the way his characters evolve. I think that is his strong point as an author, like Grisham he writes characters in a way that makes people care about them or really hate them.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I think the 5th book got it back on track, but the 4th book was the worst thing i have ever seen in the middle of a series.

I have read a metric *** ton of books in my life and have never seen the anything like the abomination that was the 4th book.

BUT

I think the series will deal with it well.

oh and i don't think there is anyway that Danny can get away with not getting naked......she is **** and sucking left and right from here on out. It's a pretty big part of the books going forward.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am ready for the next book. I want to know what happens.