Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Just Four Kicks Pass/Trade ***Postponed***

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
UPDATE: 2/24/14 - Postponed

I'm sorry to say I can't ship these cigars out.

Short version: A few of these cigars in this box have beetles. I'm getting a replacement box from the vendor. I'll let you know when I have good cigars to ship.

Long version: I have found evidence of of tobacco beetles inside this box of Four Kicks. I received this box a few weeks ago. I usually open everything I get and inspect every stick upon receipt but with this box I got lazy and just put it straight in one of my coolers with the cellophane still on the outside of the box. I opened the box yesterday and smoked one of them. It was nice. Later I inspected all the cigars while getting ready to ship the pass, and I noticed three of them had a single hole each and I actually found a live beetle in the bottom of the box. After contacting the supplier I will be getting a replacement box but for now the pass is postponed. When I have the replacement cigars in hand I will contact each of you by PM to confirm that you are still able and willing to be in the pass at that time. I'm sorry for the delay. I should have inspected these cigars more closely when I got them.

*****UPDATE*********** I had a little mix up with the vendor and they did not send out the replacement box and I lost interest and just asked them to credit my account. Sorry, I've lost interest in the four kicks and I'm just not motivated to do this one at all. I do think it's a good idea for a pass and I'll try something like this again. .......................................................................................................................................................................

Original post -

I like Four Kicks and thought this would be a good way to let y'all try them too. I have a box of Four Kicks - Piramides 52 x 6 & 1/8. I'll send them around in a pass. You take how ever many you claimed before the pass started, (up to three) and replace with equal (number or value) sticks of yours. I have twenty that I can put in the pass. All takes will be Four Kicks. All puts come home to me.

Participants must be on the good traders list.

Participants must have at least 50 posts.

Participants must post photos of their takes and puts.

Have I left off anything? Please let me know if I forgot some detail or if you have a question.

flowbee (2 cigars)
Tyland64 (2 cigars)
rsherman24 (3 cigars)
rburke1129 (2 cigars)
onestrangeone (3 cigars)
honorknight7 (2 cigars)
OchoZacho (2 cigars)
Room for 1 more maybe 2.

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never tried Four Kicks. Can I play?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Yes, you are eligible :) How many you want to trade for?
  • Options
    How about 2? Don't want to be a hog.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    I have plenty. And it doesn't look like I've got a lot of intrest in this deal anyway.
  • Options
    Well, if there's no one else interested, we could do a 4/4 trade. I've got an order of CAO BLACK Storm Robustos coming in this week. If that doesn't work for you, I could just put together a random four-pack of sticks from your profile list. Lemme know.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Hey Bob put me in for 2 please
  • Options
    Now we have a pass. LOL
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I would like to take part in this pass please. I just smoked a 5 er of robustos while I was in Arizona and would like to compare the two. I would be in for 2 if you will have me.
  • Options
    Looks like we just needed to prime the pump, Bob! Now we're cookin' with peanut oil!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in for 3 Bob. Have been looking to get a couple of these, and sounds like fun
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'll start the list. And I have 20 Four Kicks sticks that I'm willing to put in the pass. Depending on the number of participants, I can offer each participant more than three but for now let's see who all wants in.
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    I haven't done much lately, but I am on the GTL and would like to get in for 2 if you'll have me.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    rburke1129:
    I haven't done much lately, but I am on the GTL and would like to get in for 2 if you'll have me.
    I've checked you out as best as I could and you seem like a fine BOTL. I wish you were more active. Assuming no big skeletons fall out of your closet,.....LOL......You're in.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    He's a Notre Dame fan...what more do you need?
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Bob Luken:
    rburke1129:
    I've checked you out as best as I could and you seem like a fine BOTL. I wish you were more active. Assuming no big skeletons fall out of your closet,.....LOL......You're in.

Thank you! Looking forward to it.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Bob Luken:
    Those part of the pass ?
  • Options
    Last call. Anybody else want in?
  • Options
    I'm sorry... did you type something, Bob?
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With advertising like that how could I resist? I'd be good for three.
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Hey Bob, I'll get in for 2 if there's still room to squeeze in here
  • Options
    OK guys I just realized/remembered that these are all naked sticks and I will be trying to get some five fingered bags in order to protect these cigars before I ship. Sorry for the delay but better delayed than damaged.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I'll get in on this if it's not too late....
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    I'll get in on this if it's not too late....
    Cool! You're in. You want two or three sticks?
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I'll play for two Bob!
  • Options
    OK. I said it was closed but I had one drop out so there is one spot available. (Possibly two.) If you'd like to get in let me know.
  • Options

******************Postponed*************************

I'm sorry to say I can't ship these cigars out.

Short version: A few of these cigars in this box have beetles. I'm getting a replacement box from the vendor. I'll let you know when I have good cigars to ship.

Long version: I have found evidence of of tobacco beetles inside this box of Four Kicks. I received this box a few weeks ago. I usually open everything I get and inspect every stick upon receipt but with this box I got lazy and just put it straight in one of my coolers with the cellophane still on the outside of the box. I opened the box yesterday and smoked one of them. It was nice. Later I inspected all the cigars while getting ready to ship the pass, and I noticed three of them had a single hole each and I actually found a live beetle in the bottom of the box. After contacting the supplier I will be getting a replacement box but for now the pass is postponed. When I have the replacement cigars in hand I will contact each of you by PM to confirm that you are still able and willing to be in the pass at that time. I'm sorry for the delay. I should have inspected these cigars more closely when I got them.

*****UPDATE*********** I had a little mix up with the vendor and they did not send out the replacement box and I lost interest and just asked them to credit my account. Sorry, I've lost interest in the four kicks and I'm just not motivated to do this one at all. I do think it's a good idea for a pass and I'll try something like this again.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    No worries here Bob, lemme know when your ready
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW....That sucks. At least the vendor is going to make it right.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:

I thought I was seeing two anyway. And BOB, you are becoming a degenerate......Can you send them in a PM.....?