Home Pipes
Options

Must smoke more!

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I love my pipe but really need to start smoking more. Still working on 2 aromatics I opened 3 years ago. One of them has lost some of its flavor but the other, Holiday Spirit, is still amazing. Oh I also have an open Peterson Christmas 2009 that seems to be never ending. I have smoked about 30 bowls from this tin and it still looks full like it is full & new.

What do I have waiting for me? So many things. A new sealed tin of Penzance from 2009 or 2010, Squadron Leader, Bald Headed Teacher, and about 20 more in mason jars I have never tried. Need to pick up the pace!

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I love my pipe too. Smoking it right now actually. Strangely, for over a year, I only liked one tobacco (sutlif Maple Street). Just got the Drew Estates Central Park Stroll, and I love it.

Do you find yourself more picky with pipe tobacco than cigars?
  • Options
    To be honest I have really smoked only a few tins of aromatics and a bunch of B&M blended bulk. I like sweet aromatics but I haven't ventured into others but I plan to. If anything I would say I am more adventurous with the pipe. Pipe tobacco is inexpensive and you can usually try anything at a b&m that sells if you take your pipe in. I am really fixated on the McClelland Holiday Spirit. It is amazing imo and I always know it will be a wonderful smoke. Peterson seems to be high quality as well. Really looking forward to buying some DE stuff. Was actually looking at the pipe tobacco here earlier and plotting a purchase of a few tins.
  • Options
    on that Christmas day i did buy a great pipe. but now i have read your post and appreciate your pipe. so tell me please how can i buy
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:

Do you find yourself more picky with pipe tobacco than cigars?
    absolutely
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    robidan:
    on that Christmas day i did buy a great pipe. but now i have read your post and appreciate your pipe. so tell me please how can i buy it ?
    You won't be able to find Peterson's Christmas 2009 very easily but you can look online or in stores for them. I also highly recommend McClelland Holiday Spirit which Ccom may be able to get you. That should be easier to come by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    1.76 Oz tins of 2013 Holiday Spirit I do have on hand.
  • Options
    slamb@cigar.com:
    1.76 Oz tins of 2013 Holiday Spirit I do have on hand.
    I will be calling you soon good sir! Waiting on my tax refund to place a nice sized order. You guys who haven't tried this need to grab a tin if you enjoy aromatics.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Sounds good, give me a call or better yet, shoot me an email and we will make it happen.
  • Options
    sabujsabuj Posts: 6
    I love my pipe and smoke with  it is my hobby .