• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cute

Those trays are a great idea
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    It's cute

My BnM was closed, so I couldn't pick up some empty boxes. Figured this was then next best thing
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:
    It's cute

My BnM was closed, so I couldn't pick up some empty boxes. Figured this was then next best thing
    Those will work better than boxes. Ok, cedar boxes give you a nice scent, but they are small (compared to those trays) and if you don't have the same sized cigars that used to fit in the boxes, it's not a good fit. They only boxes I have in my cooler are the ones I purchased. I would like some cedar trays, ideally, but I may look for some like you have, or that stack easily.
    Gray4lines:
    New Boots:
    Gray4lines:
    It's cute

Those will work better than boxes. Ok, cedar boxes give you a nice scent, but they are small (compared to those trays) and if you don't have the same sized cigars that used to fit in the boxes, it's not a good fit. They only boxes I have in my cooler are the ones I purchased. I would like some cedar trays, ideally, but I may look for some like you have, or that stack easily.
    Wal-Mart - Set of 3, stack beautifully...very cheap.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plastic trays I have are at least half that size. Plus I had to modify mine to stack. Those look like they'll work nicely.

Remember to wash the trays and the insides of the cooler too with warm soapy water and rinse well just like washing dishes. Then let it air out for a day or two to help reduce the "plastic" smells.
    Bob Luken:
    The plastic trays I have are half that size. Plus I had to modify mine to stack. Those look like they'll work nicely.
    Built to stack, I can fit all 3 inside easily. Now Bob, the question is. How do I get this thing started?!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Bob Luken:
    The plastic trays I have are half that size. Plus I had to modify mine to stack. Those look like they'll work nicely.
    Built to stack, I can fit all 3 inside easily. Now Bob, the question is. How do I get this thing started?!
    Hey boots, I can help you "get it started" (insert evil laugh)
    reggie713:
    New Boots:
    Bob Luken:
    Hey boots, I can help you "get it started" (insert evil laugh)
    *head on desk*

I knew I should have kept this in PM. BLARGLE!
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    New Boots:
    Cooler - 19.99
    3 Tray set - 3.49
    Spray Bottle - 0.99

Nice! My collection isn't even close to the level of needing a cooler, but I'll be following this thread to see how yours turns out in case I ever make one. What are you gonna use for your humidification? KL?
    When I started my cooler, I washed it, aired it out, added kitty litter and sticks, and it has stayed at 68 to 70% I only have to spritz the litter like once a month, if even that
    yup yup. kl is the plan
    reggie713:
    When I started my cooler, I washed it, aired it out, added kitty litter and sticks, and it has stayed at 68 to 70% I only have to spritz the litter like once a month, if even that
    does the kl go in a container? or spread out on the bottom?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    What is the difference between a red and green tomato?
    Rain:
    What is the difference between a red and green tomato?
    flavor and firmness
    I put mine in pantyhose.... No joke. Containers work too
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    What is the difference between a red and a green tomato?

Gray4lines:

I'm so confused!!! You put your tomatoes in pantyhose?? The red ones or the green ones???
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    I was gonna put em in pantyhose but I'm afraid to tell my wife I need em, lol, but yeah in a container, I guess you could throw in the bottom, but I can't handle the chaos
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    yup yup. kl is the plan
    Just curious, why KL? In a cooler setup like you are showing, if the baskets are full, one Boveda pack ~$3.00 will be good for close to 6 months, probably longer. If you are real worried about humidity, 2 Boveda packs at the same time will keep you good for close to a year. No room taken up by KL, Boveda packs can sit anywhere in the cooler, less mess than KL. Just my .02 cents but it does come from experience. I ran a 150 quart Coleman for years, it was full, with half used Boveda packs (usually 4) and never had an issue with humidity. If you want, I'll send you a couple of 72% Boveda packs so you can try it for yourself with no cost out of pocket.
    The fact is, coolers are so easy to keep running, you can use just about anything. Bovedas work great. KL works great. They even work great together.
    Puff_Dougie:
    Rain:
    What is the difference between a red and a green tomato?

Gray4lines:

I'm so confused!!! You put your tomatoes in pantyhose?? The red ones or the green ones???
    It's not rocket science, puff... We're just talkin about cross dressing tomatoes. Keep up! ;)
    bandyt09:
    New Boots:
    yup yup. kl is the plan
    Just curious, why KL? In a cooler setup like you are showing, if the baskets are full, one Boveda pack ~$3.00 will be good for close to 6 months, probably longer. If you are real worried about humidity, 2 Boveda packs at the same time will keep you good for close to a year. No room taken up by KL, Boveda packs can sit anywhere in the cooler, less mess than KL. Just my .02 cents but it does come from experience. I ran a 150 quart Coleman for years, it was full, with half used Boveda packs (usually 4) and never had an issue with humidity. If you want, I'll send you a couple of 72% Boveda packs so you can try it for yourself with no cost out of pocket.
    I'll give anything a shot. Bovedas may in fact be something I should look into for my actual humi. I recently swapped out my mold-puck for a black ice pie jar. It's running at 64 rH right now with the black ice. I can't complain about 64rH...however, using them...I lost the use of my top shelf to the humi.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    bandyt09:
    New Boots:
    yup yup. kl is the plan
    I'll give anything a shot. Bovedas may in fact be something I should look into for my actual humi. I recently swapped out my mold-puck for a black ice pie jar. It's running at 64 rH right now with the black ice. I can't complain about 64rH...however, using them...I lost the use of my top shelf to the humi.
    Bovedas are the way to go. Get 2 more than you think you will need because you can recharge them. Once one gets a little gritty bust out the one in reserver and put it in a tupperware container with a little cup of distilled water for a couple of weeks and it will "recharge". I started doing the recharge about 8 months ago and it has worked great. The key is to not let them get rock solid. Once they feel a little gritty, you swap them out with the ones that are recharging.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    I was gonna put em in pantyhose but I'm afraid to tell my wife I need em, lol, but yeah in a container, I guess you could throw in the bottom, but I can't handle the chaos
    Dear, I need your pantyhose for my cigars.
    Yes dear, I'm serious.
    No dear, I'm not wanting to wear them!
    Nevermind.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    reggie713:
    Dear, I need your pantyhose for my cigars.
    Yes dear, I'm serious.
    No dear, I'm not wanting to wear them!
    Nevermind.
    so we should use the wife's used pantyhose?! I smell fish sticks!!
    Money can't buy taste
    I'd never want hand me downs. Stinky feet? Or uh,........... I don't need that in my cooler. And knee highs , I've discovered, are real cheap and the sales clerk at walmart didn't act like it was odd at all that I wanted to know where the pantyhose were.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    bandyt09:
    New Boots:
    yup yup. kl is the plan
    Shoot me your addy and I'll get a couple out to you for you to use in the cooler.
    Update: Cooler has KL installed, and baskets in place. Last night it was running at 61rH, a spritz or two and it was up to 68rH by morning. The sticks are installed, so we will see what the rH is this evening. If we can be sitting right around 65rH. Happy camper I am!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Cooler - 19.99
    3 Tray set - 3.49
    Spray Bottle - 0.99
    Posting an empty coolidor on an open forumn- priceless!!...

Thought this was missing something!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.