Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Andrew Luck

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
What does that make...7 INTs in two playoff games? I have no idea why people think he is even a marginal QB. RG III and Russell Wilson are wayyyyyyyyy superior.7!!! Elite QBs post roughly that for an entire season.

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Rg3....and I'm a skins fan, is broke ***. He just needs to realize that
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    What does that make...7 INTs in two playoff games? I have no idea why people think he is even a marginal QB. RG III and Russell Wilson are wayyyyyyyyy superior.7!!! Elite QBs post roughly that for an entire season.
    Considering he's my avatar for the moment, I don't want to just seem an apologist, but he threw very few picks all season. I'd take him over RGIII in a heartbeat, and probably over Wilson, too.

He was playing from behind and two of the INT's last night were easily not his fault. I'd have to go back and look at last week, but I'm pretty sure at least one took a bounce off a player. I'd have loved for luck to not turn it over, but I'd also love it if TRich didn't always get hit a yard+ behind the line every time he touches the ball. I'd love if Reggie Wayne wasn't injured.

I think Luck is the least of the Colts offensive worries. He can make every pass. Sure he makes mistakes, but he's already making fewer than Favre but with some of the same ability to make plays out of nothing.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick Foles threw TWO picks ALL YEAR.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously they weren't his best games. However, there are several teams that would take him in a heartbeat for their starting quarterback. He's done more in his first two years than several others have done in their first ten.

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Martel:
    Rain:
    Considering he's my avatar for the moment, I don't want to just seem an apologist, but he threw very few picks all season. I'd take him over RGIII in a heartbeat, and probably over Wilson, too.

He was playing from behind and two of the INT's last night were easily not his fault. I'd have to go back and look at last week, but I'm pretty sure at least one took a bounce off a player. I'd have loved for luck to not turn it over, but I'd also love it if TRich didn't always get hit a yard+ behind the line every time he touches the ball. I'd love if Reggie Wayne wasn't injured.

I think Luck is the least of the Colts offensive worries. He can make every pass. Sure he makes mistakes, but he's already making fewer than Favre but with some of the same ability to make plays out of nothing.
    As a Browns fan, enjoy Richardson...thanks for the draft pick!
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    Obviously they weren't his best games. However, there are several teams that would take him in a heartbeat for their starting quarterback. He's done more in his first two years than several others have done in their first ten.

Like...?
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    YankeeMan:

Like...?
    I agree, at this point in time, he is a bit overrated. Name one meaningful category that he is top 10 in. If you aren't in the top third in any meaningful QB stat, then you probably aren't very elite.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    YankeeMan:

Like...?
    I agree, at this point in time, he is a bit overrated. Name one meaningful category that he is top 10 in. If you aren't in the top third in any meaningful QB stat, then you probably aren't very elite.
    If he were in the draft this year, I'm guessing the first four or five teams to pick would love to have him. He's not elite right now, but he's engineered some pretty good comebacks and beaten some good teams this year. I wouldn't throw him on the junk heap right yet!

I'm not a Colts or Luck fan, but I would compare him to Eli Manning from my Giants with no problem.

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Being a Patriots fan, I still was impressed by Luck's raw talent. His three-play touchdown drive was very impressive, and his ability to run and scramble is excellent as well (notice that Brady, who is not a runner at all, seemed to be trying to emulate Luck when he ran out of a jam and completed a nice short pass to Edelman to get the third down).

Unlike overrated losers like Tebow, I think Luck is a real diamond in the rough. When Brady retires, I'd love to see the Pats spend an arm and a leg to get him. With Bellichek as a coach, Luck could truly achieve his full potential.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Nick Foles threw TWO picks ALL YEAR.
    Luck threw 9 before the playoffs. Half what he had last year. Both Mannings have only thrown that few one season in their careers. Add in leadership, running ability, size and toughness, and incredible smarts and work ethic. He would be #1 this year, for sure. Or most years. Oh, and one of the worst O-lines in the NFL for both run and pass blocking.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Dont understand ANY Luck bashing at all. Bad decisions? Sometimes. Young and needing to "learn to win"? Sure. However, the talent plus the upside plus the sheer work ethic and apporach to the game makes him the next Brady or Manning in my mind.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    YankeeMan:

Like...?
    Bills, Bengals, Cowboys, Cardinals, Dolphins, Texans, Rams, Titans, Bucs, Vikings, Jaguars, etc. I think it'd be easier to figure out who wouldn't want him.
  • Options
    So when he just slings it in to double coverage and someone catches it, he's "Showing of his talent" or "being a gunslinger."Yet when he fails...he's "learning to win." Learning to win by losing? Ok........I guess Romo is the master if winning then.Then again, the Colts did pick Luck over Manning, which is a bust as of right now...we'll look back in 10 years. They also traded for T Rich....so, yeah.Oh, Jason, I was more speaking about the "He's done more in two years then a lot of people in ten." Like....what?
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Luck has the same number of championships as Manning since they let him go-----and only 1 more overall for that matter....not that I am necessarily comparing the two. Also, Luck will be around much longer than Manning and the team Manning would have in Indy still wouldnt have been good enough to wit it all without Wayne, and with a questionable line to protect him. So, both sides seem to have won in that one.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Well he's done more than Romo, that I can be sure of. They have the same number of playoff wins for their career. But in general you're right he is not there yet, but his upside is way higher than most. I'd love to have him on the Cowboys. I'm reasonable certain he can win with less. There have been a lot of great qb's that have thrown a lot of interceptions. Favre, Unitas, Elway, Marino all come to mind. All high risk, high reward qb's
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    I just want to point out that the horrid excuse for a man Eli Manning (I'm very biased as a Pats fan lol) threw 27 int this season. 27!!!!! And he's won a few lucky super bowls along with other stats I'm sure are better than horrible. Luck has a promising future I think.
  • Options
    Could have not said it better brother.

GARBAGE
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The number and importance of turnovers in playoff games this year ... it's really something. That and the running game.

Run the ball, stop the run, hold on to the ball.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)