Home Non Cigar Related

Pho...

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
photo D04D7A2E-223E-4E81-AD44-086F18F7D82D.jpg Quite possibly the greatest food ever!

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my F*cking God ... a Pho thread! I love you
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    LOL, bound to happen bro! Im a straight pho ho...ive hade every one here in town, most of them in fresno and everytime i travel i seek out a vietnamese place to try theirs, really no two alike!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are those green chilies..?
    This one has Jalapenos, Sprouts, onion, green onion, basil, cilantro, tripe, flank steak, beef balls, rare steak, noodles and broth...
    Jetmech_63:
    LOL, bound to happen bro! Im a straight pho ho...ive hade every one here in town, most of them in fresno and everytime i travel i seek out a vietnamese place to try theirs, really no two alike!
    I hunt down Vietnamese restaurants everywhere I go. Specially in Irvine.
    photo F8F79D2B-orig.jpg
    Damn that looks bad ass!
    Jetmech_63:
    This one has Jalapenos, Sprouts, onion, green onion, basil, cilantro, tripe, flank steak, beef balls, rare steak, noodles and broth...
    Yeah, uh huh, yes, yes, YEAH, UH HUH, HMM MMM, HMM MMM, YES, YES, YEAH! ............ and yesss.
    This guy is my Mother Effing HERO!!

Jetmech_63:

Damn!!! I think our buddy Jiunn did something like this.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Jetmech_63:

Damn!!! I think our buddy Jiunn did something like this.
    i did exactly that. i failed pretty miserably. man that bowl was GIGANTIC
    photo 2A2B0225-orig.jpg
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    ya had me up to beef balls...no do nuts
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bull balls are one thing, mountain oysters are quite something else.... ;-)
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Ya bastids!!! Now I'm hungry...
    If I want pho, I'd probably have to make it myself.
    jlmarta:
    Bull balls are one thing, mountain oysters are quite something else.... ;-)

Here's a recipe similar to what I've had in the past:

http://www.teamjimmyjoe.com/2011/10/jimmy-joes-rocky-mountain-oyster-recipe/#.UtQOI3m9LTo

Sorry, I don't remember how to make a link clickable.... :-)
    And real oysters? They've got an undeserved reputation. I ate a dozen of 'em the other night and only nine of 'em worked..... ba da boom!! ;-D
    photo 6F7FA613-orig.jpg
    Damn you! Now I'm headed out for pho for lunch....
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
  • EoLEoL Posts: 182
    I am now hungry... still poor.. and want to learn to make pho food. lol
    EoL:
    I'm in the same boat as you. I always get hungry when i see pho. It'd be nice to learn how to make great pho
    Thanatos0320:
    EoL:
    I'm in the same boat as you. I always get hungry when i see pho. It'd be nice to learn how to make great pho
    looking up recipes right now... i need beef bones.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YUMMMMMM Pho!!!! They say chicken soup is the best, but Pho is great when you've got a cold.
    Agreed, unless you're eating some really chunky chicken noodle soup. Making ramen(pho) is considered an art in japan. They believe that the broth is the soul of the ramen, and that is what determines if you have good or bad ramen.
    Thanatos0320:
    Agreed, unless you're eating some really chunky chicken noodle soup. Making ramen(pho) is considered an art in japan. They believe that the broth is the soul of the ramen, and that is what determines if you have good or bad ramen.
    Whoa whoa whoa! What's all this ramen talk? This is a Pho thread son! lol
    danielzreyes:
    Thanatos0320:
    Whoa whoa whoa! What's all this ramen talk? This is a Pho thread son! lol
    ramen and pho are the same thing. Pho is the vietnamese word for Ramen.
    ran out to the store tonight adn got supplies to make pho. who is coming over tomorrow?
    EoL:
    ran out to the store tonight adn got supplies to make pho. who is coming over tomorrow?
    Hell I will if you're making it all. Did you get rice noodles or wheat noodles?
    Thanatos0320:
    EoL:
    rice noodles cuz thats whatever every recipe suggested I make. Got about 4 pounds of neck bones/oxtail. All the spices I need. Ill be starting around 2p Tomorrow with making the stock!
    EoL:
    Thanatos0320:
    EoL:
    rice noodles cuz thats whatever every recipe suggested I make. Got about 4 pounds of neck bones/oxtail. All the spices I need. Ill be starting around 2p Tomorrow with making the stock!
    I was going to tell you to take the wheat noodles back and get rice noodles if you had bought wheat noodles. It tastes a lot better with rice noodles. There should be a recipe thread on here where everyone can discuss their recipes. Let me know how it turns out