Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

You ever have a cigar that was too pretty to smoke?

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
I have had this Diesel wicked for several months and have had it out thinking i was going to smoke it several times. I only have one and every time i have put it back because it was beautiful. The red with oily dark maduro wrapper just made it a striking looking cigar, and I liked the look if it when i opened my humidor.

I always let my wife pick my cigar on sunday nights and she picked it. So this beauty is going up in smoke tonight.

anyone else have a similar experience with a cigar?

photo null_zps7ce6a34b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ***, i put this thing in the wrong area........i tried to delete it, but the admins have disabled that feature. My bad. Won't happen again.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    I have had this Diesel wicked for several months and have had it out thinking i was going to smoke it several times. I only have one and every time i have put it back because it was beautiful. The red with oily dark maduro wrapper just made it a striking looking cigar, and I liked the look if it when i opened my humidor.

I always let my wife pick my cigar on sunday nights and she picked it. So this beauty is going up in smoke tonight.

anyone else have a similar experience with a cigar?

photo null_zps7ce6a34b.jpg
    maybe you want to trade it to someone that will SMOKE it,lol
  • Options
    jj20030:
    maybe you want to trade it to someone that will SMOKE it,lol
    I'll tell you when I'm done smoking it.......i might want to have a few more of these in my humidor.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time. Most recently with an AB Pryme that JJ sent me. The band and look was sooo cool but, in the end, I just decided it was meant to be enjoyed. I did just that!!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Happens all the time. Most recently with an AB Pryme that JJ sent me. The band and look was sooo cool but, in the end, I just decided it was meant to be enjoyed. I did just that!!
    it wasn't just the band though....it was the whole package. That blood red foot band against the dark maduro is just awesome presentation. Makes me wonder why more cigar makers don't spend the extra $.25 to do cool things like that. I realize that not all of them have a good graphic designer, but hell it can't cost that much and it just makes them pop so much more.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I HAD an Ashton ESG Churchill that I picked up looked at, admired the beauty of the stick and the band, and put it back probably fifty times. I HAD this one for three years, and last night I picked it up and took it outside. What an amazing cigar. I miss that cigar already. I've never had one like it before. From the first puff to the last draw perfect. Someone once posed the question.. if your could only smoke one cigar what would it be... This would be it for me. At least the experience I got from that cigar, last night.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    I HAD an Ashton ESG Churchill that I picked up looked at, admired the beauty of the stick and the band, and put it back probably fifty times. I HAD this one for three years, and last night I picked it up and took it outside. What an amazing cigar. I miss that cigar already. I've never had one like it before. From the first puff to the last draw perfect. Someone once posed the question.. if your could only smoke one cigar what would it be... This would be it for me. At least the experience I got from that cigar, last night.
    3 years? man, how did you hold off? There are a few that i have in there that i keep looking for the right time to smoke and there is no way any of them will last 3 years.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Bigshizza:
    it wasn't just the band though....it was the whole package. That blood red foot band against the dark maduro is just awesome presentation. Makes me wonder why more cigar makers don't spend the extra $.25 to do cool things like that. I realize that not all of them have a good graphic designer, but hell it can't cost that much and it just makes them pop so much more.
    .25 cents adds up on thousands of boxes,, Id rather they put that into a better cigar. Some cigars look pretty but once you get em home,, well you know the story!!!!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Ashton ESG is one of the top Dominican cigar. I like it over VSG though VSG is also excellent. I have been aging them couple years now. If you can wait three years they are simply gem.
    kaspera79:
  • Options
    CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    All the time!!!
  • Options
    CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    I got some Diesel Wicked I haven't smoked yet
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    brianetz1:
    Bigshizza:
    .25 cents adds up on thousands of boxes,, Id rather they put that into a better cigar. Some cigars look pretty but once you get em home,, well you know the story!!!!

Exactly! The only time I wont smoke a cigar I own is if I cant replace it. I have a couple LFD Factory Press II that are about 6 years old begging to be burned.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    To answer the original question -- NO. I constantly remind myself that my cigars are meant to be smoked. I enjoy smoking them more than looking at them. I always keep the bands and a picture if I want to have some kind of keepsake for the special ones.
    Vision:
    I have a couple LFD Factory Press II that are about 6 years old begging to be burned.
    Smoke them! I can/will send you more!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    That's how I felt about the 1 ESG I smoked. It was a gift from a trade with Greg, and it sat in my humi for almost 1.5 years before I finally put fire to it.
    Beautiful band, flawless wrapper, wonderful smell, and felt great in the hand.

I'm with you, kaspera, truly an amazing smoke --- it exceeded my expectations. Going to save my pennies and hopefully get more, someday.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    kaspera79:
    That's how I felt about the 1 ESG I smoked. It was a gift from a trade with Greg, and it sat in my humi for almost 1.5 years before I finally put fire to it.
    Beautiful band, flawless wrapper, wonderful smell, and felt great in the hand.

I'm with you, kaspera, truly an amazing smoke --- it exceeded my expectations. Going to save my pennies and hopefully get more, someday.
    Yep great smoke!! I received one from Greg too.. Cigars are funny,, seems as soon as one smokes their last one, another one shows up, in a bomb, pass, trade or at the B&M , IDK, guess its Kismet
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    LFD Salamon Maduro. It's been sitting there for years...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.