Home Non Cigar Related

Please help this poor suffering person

raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
This heartbreaking email arrived in my email today. I quote it verbatim.

-----START

Dear sir/Madam

My name is Doris from kenya residing in Spain, my battle with cancer started a few years ago when I developed prostate cancer. My local doctor recommended a (Radical Prostatectomy) The pains spared all my nerves.I had no residual incontinence or impotence.

As a result of this illness i lost my job ,my entitlements and benefits that would have sustained me after retirement.I am appealing and pleading for any assistance from a good hearted and God fearing person to help me financially in buying my drugs till my dying day.it is also acceptable if you can buy the drugs in your country and send it down, I will appreciate a helping hand from the bottom of my heart and i know God (Allah) will richily bless the hand that gives,with the administration of drugs will keep me alive for certain period of time. No amount of money is little, just give as the lord put in your heart.

However if you can make out time to see me in person would be a great pleasure for me or you can get to me through a sister in the Lord Jesika Zuaye,that has been of great help to me in all my daily activities, To reach me contact sister Jesika on email or telephone number.

My Contact Email:jesika_zuaye73@yahoo.es My Telephone:0034632150215

I await your responce.

Your,s Sincerely, Jesika Zuaye

END

Imagine the confusion of having two different names, one of which is the name of your sister. Think about how unlucky she is to be one of the few women to suffer from prostate cancer. Think about how NOT becoming incontinent or impotent after prostrate surgery can result in you losing your job and benefits. Consider her faith in both the Christian and Muslim god and her calls for drugs of any kind to be sent to her via her sister, who is really herself, it seems. I'm personally shipping 500 bottles of Costco Ibuprophin her way--COD.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ...you can't make that up. Send the poor gal some pills! Hahahaha.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any particular pills? I know a guy, has three midget goats, leave pills all over his yard.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    What I want to know is how many people sent money to this poor, suffering, albeit confused soul?
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i want to hear a recording of someone calling this person.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    What I want to know is how many people sent money to this poor, suffering, albeit confused soul?
    i know of 2 people who have done something like this. Both were over 70 and when I broke it to them that they were just sending something to some random person they didn't believe me and fought me tooth and nail until i called the missouri attorney general's office to explain it to them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    send them the colored pills that when you leave them in water they turn into fun shaped sponges.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    There's been reports on the local news these past few weeks of similar scams targeting (mostly) elderly people around here .... and the people are falling for it ....

I'm with ya, fla-gypsy --- no clue how someone could fall for this. Some people are just too trusting I guess.

And I think I posted this before, but check out this website for a good laugh --- http://www.419eater.com/html/hall_of_shame.htm --- it has stories and pictures of folks messing with the scammers. Some pretty funny stuff that the scammers will go through to try and "seal the deal".
    kuzi16:
    send them the colored pills that when you leave them in water they turn into fun shaped sponges.
    HAHAHA. Awesome!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    And I think I posted this before, but check out this website for a good laugh --- http://www.419eater.com/html/hall_of_shame.htm --- it has stories and pictures of folks messing with the scammers. Some pretty funny stuff that the scammers will go through to try and "seal the deal".

Someone I know sells pinball machines on Craigslist, and one of the common scams is for buyers to offer to pay partly via a "cashier's check" and wire the rest when the merchandise has been delivered. Just for fun, this seller has responded to some of these and collected these bogus checks and done nothing afterwards, except posting the checks and the emails to a large bulletin board that keeps in his man cave. It's hilarious.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    fla-gypsy:
    i know of 2 people who have done something like this. Both were over 70 and when I broke it to them that they were just sending something to some random person they didn't believe me and fought me tooth and nail until i called the missouri attorney general's office to explain it to them.
    The elderly want to help those that need help because they have at one time or another needed help themselves. Unfortunaely they are unaware of how jaded our world has become and there are a lot of dicks that like to take advantage of good souls.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the same when someone comes up to me on the street and asks for money... it's sad, but often you don't know if they're full of bs or really in need...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    They had a segment on NPR a few weeks ago about how the body chemistry in the brain changes as you get older. I don't remember all the details (I'll look them up later), but elderly people are far more likely to trust people who call them up and say that they owe them money or that they need a certain product because of the chemical make-up of their brains at those later ages. Crazy stuff. I'm gonna do like that guy from Memento and tattoo notes all over my body reminding me not to send people money! LOL
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    They had a segment on NPR a few weeks ago about how the body chemistry in the brain changes as you get older. I don't remember all the details (I'll look them up later), but elderly people are far more likely to trust people who call them up and say that they owe them money or that they need a certain product because of the chemical make-up of their brains at those later ages. Crazy stuff. I'm gonna do like that guy from Memento and tattoo notes all over my body reminding me not to send people money! LOL
    Like John G? ;)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America