Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Cigars or cash for AR mags

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
If any of you are out and about and come across some AR 30 round magazines I am willing to make it worth your while to grab me some. I will buy if they are $15 to $24. Over that and they are price gouging due to demand. Stores are still getting these in slowly but they go fast. Looking for:

Magpul Pmag and color
Troy Industries any color
Lancer Systems Advanced War Fighter any color
or any similar polymer magazine

Will trade cigars, lighters, or but within reason. Not looking for a case. I was trying to finish my build and I hadn't bought magazines yet. Now I can't find them in the metro. Some of you guys who don't live in a huge metro might have luck finding them on the shelves. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    jsnake:
    If any of you are out and about and come across some AR 30 round magazines I am willing to make it worth your while to grab me some. I will buy if they are $15 to $24. Over that and they are price gouging due to demand. Stores are still getting these in slowly but they go fast. Looking for:

Magpul Pmag and color

Will trade cigars, lighters, or but within reason. Not looking for a case. I was trying to finish my build and I hadn't bought magazines yet. Now I can't find them in the metro. Some of you guys who don't live in a huge metro might have luck finding them on the shelves. Thanks!
    Ill keep my eye out but i havent seen any at all lately.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Give it a month. After all the anger from the Republicans base over the fiscal cliff deal, the House will be under more pressure than ever to dig in their heels; I can't see an AWB getting through. Once the bill dies, prices will come back down again (waiting for Colt 6920's to come down myself)
  • Options
    Yeah, I am starting to see more AR's on the shelves and found metal magazines today. But ammo and PMAGS are still scarce. Shops are getting stuff in but you have to get there when they open. I stopped at Bass Pro today and they had .223 ammo (+ $20 a box) but the good cheap stuff had an all out riot when they put it out. A couple guys bought all the boxes. I am just trying to finish my build and get a few magazines. I never bought any mags because money was tight and I was taking my time finishing my build. It was a year long project and now I feel kind of panicked. Just want to get a few magazines for now.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I always pick ammo up when it's on sale ....200 rounds here 400 rounds there .... And I snagged 3 preban metal mags while I was in ny cause u could only have preban high capacity or 10 round mags ....... I love shooting my ar and am sitting on about 800 rounds .... It's pretty crazy now that no one has pmags in stock and they are going anywhere from 22.99 to 50.00 which is nuts. As soon as the mags come back down I'm gonna snag a few as they don't care what you have in VT.
  • Options
    I only have 40 rounds but I found ammo yesterday and today. The gun shops I visited today were madhouses. Most handgun ammo - 9mm, .40, .45 - is gone as well. I found .223 but there was little left. I have heard from some sources in the business that Magpul is in full swing and pumping out only black magazines now so they can produce more. Bass Pro said they get stuff in every night but you have to be there in the morning to get them. If I come across some and can get a bunch I will make them available to whoever here that is looking at the price I paid. I just ask you keep a look out and do the same.
  • Options
    On a side note Jake I would be very hesitant on bulking up on ammo til your rig is ready to fire as some AR's as I'm sure you know are very finicky with FTF and FTE"s ..... I lucked out with mine and it just eats whatever I feed it. From my personal experience I have found that higher end guns and builds are generally finicky on ammo. Keep an eye on Palmetto armory ..... they run some stellar deals .... I would also recommend using www.slickguns.com ...... there are people that post accessory deals, ammo deals, shotgun deals, handgun deals, rifle deals, and survival stuff too.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. PSA is a great site and I should have bought more stuff way back. I have been only bought by the small box so far and will continue doing so. I have a Spike's Upper and am hoping to get a 16" Spike's barrel which they have but I can't get them to respond to me. Lake City Ammo Plant is 5 minutes from my house but they don't sell direct that I know of. I figure what I do buy I can either trade later or learn to reload myself.
  • Options
    Slickguns has a pretty slick deal n a Daniels defense barrel. And it's not practical to reload 223. If you have other round then maybe but every reloaded I know doesn't reload it at all unless its specific long range varmint rounds .... I have a few friends into long range shooting/hunting.
  • Options
    What about 5.56? I can't find any 5.56. I did buy varmint long range rounds actually. The gun shop sells .223 reloads and at Thanksgiving we shot off .223 reloads my brother in law had in bags. Bet he wishes he saved it now. I have not really gotten into the ammo aspects or read much.
  • Options
    As far as ammo?? Or reloading ..... Or barrel ..... I would highly reccomend the 5.56 for the simple reasons yo can then fire either ammo with no issues ..... You should never fire 5.56 through a .223 barrel as there can be serious issues. The big issue with reloading it specifically is the time factor ... When u can get 223 ammo for .24 to .33 cents a round hand loading will never compete even with ammo up to .55 cents IMHO .
  • Options
    I got you. I was talking about ammo. I am getting a 5.56 barrel.
  • Options
    Be careful buying ammo nowadays; everything is popping. Cheaper than Dirt, and a few other online stores, are price gouging the f*ck out of ppl on ammo and mags (eg - selling a normally $12 pmag for $100 - I **** you not); gun shows are no better, and there's tons of stories of ppls LGS gouging them too. Not a good time to be buying anything IMO
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Be careful buying ammo nowadays; everything is popping. Cheaper than Dirt, and a few other online stores, are price gouging the f*ck out of ppl on ammo and mags (eg - selling a normally $12 pmag for $100 - I **** you not); gun shows are no better, and there's tons of stories of ppls LGS gouging them too. Not a good time to be buying anything IMO
    Trust me I know exactly what you are talking about. CTD lost 30,000 fans on Facebook in one day because of that. They also raised a lot of ammo that was $299 to $999. People are doing it all over. Selling cheap $500 rifles for $1500 and up. The Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced that i wanted has MSRP of $900 and people are selling them for over $3000 right now. Ridiculous. I just got an email back from a company building a really nice rifle for $899 and the said they will work payment out with me. Waiting on tax return but worried about what might happen in the meantime. We have a gun show here in 2 weeks and the last one was ridiculous. $130 BCG's for over $500. A few friends posted that several retailers received pallets of rifles and things are picking up after the holidays. My Walmart is getting in rifles daily and selling out. Normal prices.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    xmacro:
    Trust me I know exactly what you are talking about. CTD lost 30,000 fans on Facebook in one day because of that. They also raised a lot of ammo that was $299 to $999. People are doing it all over. Selling cheap $500 rifles for $1500 and up. The Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced that i wanted has MSRP of $900 and people are selling them for over $3000 right now. Ridiculous. I just got an email back from a company building a really nice rifle for $899 and the said they will work payment out with me. Waiting on tax return but worried about what might happen in the meantime. We have a gun show here in 2 weeks and the last one was ridiculous. $130 BCG's for over $500. A few friends posted that several retailers received pallets of rifles and things are picking up after the holidays. My Walmart is getting in rifles daily and selling out. Normal prices.
    I agree completely and there are way too many companies price gouging. I'm glad that I have been picking items up here and there as I go and when I do need something I'll go with a company that didn't gouge the living hell out of products .... I understand that when demand exceeds supply that there is going to be a price increase but double if not triple in some cases is just BS. I have my AR and the next gun I'm going to get is an AK ...... The deals on AK mags and ammo are just insane.
  • Options
    So I was out and about today .... ***'ssports was completely out of 223 and Walmart have about 75 boxes of American eagle 223 ammo for 11 bucks a box ..... I asked the girl when the price went up and she said that's been the price for the last 4 months .... I told her I bought 5boxes in November and they were 6.49 and she told me that I didn't buy it there .... I pointed to the price tag date of 12-28-12 and asked her to do a price inquiry and she then after she looked it up and realized that I was correct she apologized .... I asked was the apology for you're company price gouging or that she insinuated that I was an idiot. I got no response.
  • Options
    It's a Walmart associate; they don't care what the price was or what Walmarts policy is, they're just trying to clock their 8 hrs and leave. Arguing with the poor girl or even management, won't change anything. Upside to this is that they aren't gonna try to sell you on a more expensive option like some gun stores will, and they (pre-Newtown anyway) carried the Colt 6920 for $1100

kingjk729:
    I have my AR and the next gun I'm going to get is an AK ...... The deals on AK mags and ammo are just insane.
    Same here; trying to get my hands on a Colt 6920, maybe put one of those sweet Noveske cold hammer forged barrels in it if I can ever find a 6920 for below $1200, but I've been eyeing AK's, and wanna get an Arsenal SGL 21 as well, along with a drum

• Options
    John Noveske died in a car accident 2 nights ago just FYI. R.I.P. I just hope his company was set up to carry on after him.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I have around 20 of them I can't sel at my work as they decided to pull them unfortunatly...
  • Options
    jsnake:
    John Noveske died in a car accident 2 nights ago just FYI. R.I.P. I just hope his company was set up to carry on after him.
    Yeah, I heard about that one; real pity it happened, but word has it he would've survived if he had been wearing his seat belt
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    jsnake:

Magpul Pmag and color

I got your back man. Soon as I get a few deliveries im waiting for... Ive got 5 PMAGS with you name all over them.
  • Options
    NYHCx516x:
    jsnake:

Magpul Pmag and color

I got your back man. Soon as I get a few deliveries im waiting for... Ive got 5 PMAGS with you name all over them.
    Feeling the love!! Thanks brother.
  • Options
    I spent the last two days visiting 6 different stores and a couple right when they opened. No magazines, no 9mm, .40, or .223 ammo at all. Going to try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    Try WalMart?
  • Options
    If anyone's in the market for a top of the line AK, K-Var has them in stock; the SGL26 is one of the best you can get that's not a custom job. It's the same as an SGL21 (tons of reviews if you google it), but with a manual bolt hold open feature (not last round hold, just manual). Chambered in 7.62x39, the websites showing about 90 left in stock today (107 in stock yesterday). http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php
  • Options
    Walmart has about 3 odd sizes of ammo and that is it. Today I picked up 1050 rounds of Remington .22LR hollow points even though I don't have an AR 22LR. It was cheap and guys have been looking for that stuff too. Figure shooting .22 is cheaper and CMMG has a 22LR that you can convert into 5.56 223 because the lower is multi cal. Just need a new buffer tube and bolt carrier.

Got an email from Bravo Company that bolt carrier groups were back in stock and 2 minutes later they were sold out. Couldn't even get one of them.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    jsnake:
    Walmart has about 3 odd sizes of ammo and that is it. Today I picked up 1050 rounds of Remington .22LR hollow points even though I don't have an AR 22LR. It was cheap and guys have been looking for that stuff too. Figure shooting .22 is cheaper and CMMG has a 22LR that you can convert into 5.56 223 because the lower is multi cal. Just need a new buffer tube and bolt carrier.

Got an email from Bravo Company that bolt carrier groups were back in stock and 2 minutes later they were sold out. Couldn't even get one of them.
    My Girlfriends cousin just got back from Afghanistan. Hes got parts laying all over. Think hes gonna set me up with parts to turn the AR from 5.52 into a 22 just to be able to practice cheaper.
  • Options
    Got my 13.8" Troy Industries Flat Dark Earth Modular Rail Forend today. It is awesome! Now I just need Spike's to send my barrel order through.
  • Options
    Anyone have any luck finding any Pmags? Still hunting and without any success I may add.