Home General Discussion

Everyday somke....

What is a good everyday smoke, Medium.....wont hurt the wallet. I have been spendin 4 to 8 bucks a cigar to enjoy one everyday and it hurts...lol Help me out guys

Comments

• hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    5 Vegas is a good everyday brand. The Classic is a good medium bodied stick and the Serie A is a little fuller but still fairly medium bodied to me. The cigar.com labels are also good evryday sticks.

CK
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    I agree with the 5 vegas ..youd be hard pressed to find a better value than 5 vegas....let the clasisic's sit for a little while, the last half is harsh!!! is you don't.....in fact the whole line is pretty good...umm flor de oliva corjo is good at about 40$ a bundle ,only they have to sit for about a month or two ....after that they are medium (fragile wrappers).......don thomas classico is great as well one of my tops in value and taste....I think CCom should maybe carry them..*wink wink*...
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    As my sig indicates I have quickly fallen for the 5 Vegas line. I also love the Classic as well as the Relic.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    El Mejor Espresso
    Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 1997
    Alec Bradley Medalist
    La Vieja Habana Corojo or Cameroon
    Cusano Celebrity Series P1
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    alienmisprint:
    El Mejor Espresso
    Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 1997
    Alec Bradley Medalist
    La Vieja Habana Corojo or Cameroon
    Cusano Celebrity Series P1
    Iv been wanting to try le vieja habana corojo ....is it the habano wrapper ?
    what are they like
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I dig them, they were my favorite LVH until just recently, when I got a Cameroon with about a year of age on it. That one was fantastic, but then again the Corojo (Habano) might be better with a year of age on it too. They aren't super complex, but the flavor that is there is good, nice bit of pepper but not too overpowering. Give em a shot, at $30 a box, even if you don't dig em you aren't really out that much.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I always have a ton of Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinets on hand. I also have quite a few 5 Vegas Classic.
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    i was never impressed with el mejor. 5 vegas is fantastic, however. ccom has a pretty good sampler deal as well!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I really don't have an "everyday" smoke because i don't smoke cigars everyday...but if I wanted to smoke everyday I'd probably pick my Rocky Patel Vintage Segundos...they avg out around $3 (w/ shipping) a cigar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• WafflebobWafflebob Posts: 118
    I like the Punch London Club and Punch for less expensive everyday cigars. They are usually medium to strong. I also like a number of the Cigar.com labels, particularly the camaroon. I actually havent tried anything from Vegas 5 yet as none of the local shops carry it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Perdomo ESV '91 seconds...at around $3 a cigar, or less if you get them on special, this is an awesome smoke for everyday. It will leave you grinning both because you just had a great cigar and because you didn't have to empty your wallet.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i feel like i see a new version of this thread every day.

on that note.
    5 Vegas Series A
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
    NUB

the search button does do wonders though.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Sol Cubana Sumatra, ESV Segundos, NUB Cammie.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    My current, everyday rotation includes the Nub Habano, the 5 Vegas 'A', and the Padilla Hybrid.
    Oooh, how bout the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet? Man, what a killer smoke, and the segundos are awesome too.
  • FairwindFairwind Posts: 41

I do smoke everyday like clockwork. At 5pm I head out the backdoor at work and read the newspaper and have a cigar. Back to work at 6pm until 7pm. I'm off on the weekends so its at least a 2 cigar day Sat. & Sun.

So, that's why I only buy segundos. Rocky Patel, Puros Indio ect. Dominican or Nicaraguan over-runs. The occassional box of El Rey Del Mundos or Hoya de Monterrey or some other premium brand.

Dan

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Fairwind:

I do smoke everyday like clockwork. At 5pm I head out the backdoor at work and read the newspaper and have a cigar. Back to work at 6pm until 7pm. I'm off on the weekends so its at least a 2 cigar day Sat. & Sun.

So, that's why I only buy segundos. Rocky Patel, Puros Indio ect. Dominican or Nicaraguan over-runs. The occassional box of El Rey Del Mundos or Hoya de Monterrey or some other premium brand.

Dan

Glad to see some love for the El Rey Del Mundos
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I'm finding it best to watch the sales and clearance section of the site.  Wait until one pops up that you like and snag a bunch.
    Theedge:
    I'm finding it best to watch the sales and clearance section of the site.  Wait until one pops up that you like and snag a bunch.
    Also check out the Segundos section. The ESV segundos are almost unanimously liked round these parts.
    madurofan:
    Theedge:
    Also check out the Segundos section. The ESV segundos are almost unanimously liked round these parts.
    I hate those cigars. :D
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:
    Thats cuz you're a left coaster. :-P
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I've kinda fallen for the Oliva Serie G (Cameroon) and Serie V
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:
    Hey now, you leave geography out of this Vag boy. :) Y'all know I love me some ESV seconds....I'd happily smoke those if I couldn't have anything else, not one word of complaint out of me on that one.
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:
    Hey now, you leave geography out of this Vag boy. :) Y'all know I love me some ESV seconds....I'd happily smoke those if I couldn't have anything else, not one word of complaint out of me on that one.
    I got a bundle on the way right now :). Hows the house hunt coming Jozy?
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:
    It's not...I kinda lost whatever steam I had building behind that for the time being. Figured I'd cool it down and just keep saving up...if I start getting an idea in my head I find myself on a short path to realizing it, so I've put it to a back burner...still got my eyes open.
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:
    It's not...I kinda lost whatever steam I had building behind that for the time being. Figured I'd cool it down and just keep saving up...if I start getting an idea in my head I find myself on a short path to realizing it, so I've put it to a back burner...still got my eyes open.
    Yea just keep the eyes peeled and you'll be in a position to jump on the right one.

When did "y'all" make it to Cali btw?
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:
    Yea just keep the eyes peeled and you'll be in a position to jump on the right one.

Last week it rolled in on a Greyhound.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:

Gotta be a country song in there some where ...
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:

Why did it have to be a bus. You know "y'all" has that old money could've flown in first class if it'd wanted to.
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    Theedge:

Why did it have to be a bus. You know "y'all" has that old money could've flown in first class if it'd wanted to.
    Different Y'all family...this one came from a trailer park in Oklahoma.