Home General Discussion
Options

Humi Beads

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I'm lookng to pick up a new lighter, cutter and some beads. No, not THOSE beads, freaks. I figure since Ccom lets me use their forums (much obliged), I'd show some love and order from them. I don't see any beads, just gel...so does Ccom not sell beads?

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    They do not, even Alex came on once and posted a thread to see what we used for his humi. I use heartfelt, definately buy more then you need.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    I'm using heartfelt also....2 lbs in a 28 ct wineodor seems to be working.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    They do not, even Alex came on once and posted a thread to see what we used for his humi. I use heartfelt, definately buy more then you need.
    i also use heartfelt, never a problem!
  • Options
    I just bought 2lbs of heartfelt for my wineador
  • Options
    Dustin, PM to you.
  • Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Suggestion. When you order your Heartfelt Beads also order the small 'bags' and one or two (or 3) of the tubes. I use the 65% and find the tubes real useful. Saves on shipping costs to buy all together. Great service from him also. Great stuff.
  • Options
    So every so often you just have to recharge them with distilled water? I have Boveda right now, but when they get close to 2 months I'm gonna try beads. Plus it seems cheaper in the long run.
  • Options
    Some people mist them with distilled water (use only distilled water). I just put a shot glass of distilled water in the humidor and let nature do its thing for the ones I have in a bag. For my tubes, I will put a drop or two of DW into the tube when they need it. It is real dry here and I dont recharge very often. I use the tubes in my 20 ct humidors and travel humi, and the bag in my 125. I used to just put my beads in a small cut off paper cup, but the tubes and bag are a lot nicer.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    So every so often you just have to recharge them with distilled water? I have Boveda right now, but when they get close to 2 months I'm gonna try beads. Plus it seems cheaper in the long run.
    Do it now am it will make your Boveda last longer
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I mist, use heartfelt. I use the black square large humidifiers, just open them knock that crap green foam out, wash it and replace with beads and keep the metal screen in. Can't be turned upside down but I just lay them flat on trays. I avoid the tubes as they are expensive and would rather buy multiple pounds, plus I macguyver my own containers and that works well.
  • Options
    I dont buy the tubes filled with beads I just buy the small empty tubes for $3. I buy beads by the pound and get a couple of small bags and a couple of small tubes and fill my own. I really like their tubes.

I have MacGyvered the round black foam humidors like you but I added a plastic mesh screen inside so the beads dont fall out. I find that the metal screen tends to rust and I quit using the black plastic foam filled humifidiers