Home Ratings & Reviews

The Foundry fever.

Alright, so I'm not sure if I'm the only one out here but I seem to be infatuated with the new line of Foundry sticks from General Cigar. It's a combination of clever marketing, and a lot of hype from the media pre-release that has me wanting to know more about these C-gars, and wanting to smoke one. So if anyone knows of any websites that have done a review on one, drop me a line. I know a few people have them, but they're waiting for the stick to sit a month or so before they're planning on reviewing it, which is smart anyways. Also, there are rumors that future cigars will have other parts reminiscent of a steampump on it that may work in conjunction with the metal cog found on the current foundry. Any thoughts/opinions/facts?

Comments

• jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    As I said in the other thread, that cog band is going to be a pain in the ass in the humi...but looks so awesome. I may have to see if I can find some tubos that will fit them when I store the sticks, as I could see them ripping up my other cigars when I do my daily stick shuffle to find a smoke.
  • Yeah, my thoughts are that I would just take the cog off as soon as I got it. Store it somewhere else. I found one in a BM near Detroit, but the cog was off of it, and it was in a clearance rack. I didn't think it was even the same cigar as the line with the cogs, but in retrospect I think it probably was. The owner just didn't know what he had. Could have picked it up for about 5 bucks. -__-
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I think RobbyRas reviewed his already, I'm waiting for a cool day within the next month to sit n review mine
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm on it... ETA, Thursday... Do you want a video or written review?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Video with a short written recap?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I vote written so I can read it at work...
  • SleevePlz:
    robbyras:
    Video with a short written recap?
    Hey shaft, get outta here I get to make the decisions in this thread. Plus Robby and I have the same name. That is neat. My decision; whatever is easier for you. If you'd rather just make a video, go for that. Anything is better than nothing.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    man, i dropped the ball here... I'll get this posted asap... at some point next week, I promise!
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I reviewed the big one - didn't impress me, but the smaller gauges are getting better remarks from others I know. The gear is no big deal at all, slides off for storage. Yes each year will have more parts. http://cigarobsession.com/2012/09/03/foundry-talbot-cigar-review/
  • I have found this line very intriguing, with the gear opening a humidor and the 2.0 line having a fuse which will go to "something." I have smoked the original and was happy with it. I got a bell shaped one at Little Smoke I can't wait to try.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I had one of the original line and enjoyed it a great deal. I can only describe it as different.