A forum for cigar lovers.

Welcome to Cigar.com Sign in | Join | Help
in

MOW Armada

Last post 05-22-2012, 10:10 AM by rwheelwright. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (31 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous
  • MOW Armada

05-06-2012, 12:12 PM

So, my brother and I both had our first Armada's last night. It was one of the best smokes I've ever had...on all counts. The flavor was complex and there were a few subtle changes throughout the stick that really kept my interest. Coffee, black pepper, sweetness, leather, earthiness. Flawless burn for the nearly 3 hours we were out there, and the smoke output was fantastic. Not sure why I waited so long to try one of these, and I am not sure if Ill be able to prevent myself from buying more.

I haven't really seen too much talk about them on the forum (although I am sure it has been discussed), but is this pretty much a ubiquitously loved cigar by the ccom forum?
    Too weird to live; too rare to die.

Wishlists and favorites in bio.

Raise Your Spirits - Spirits Review Blog

• Re: MOW Armada

05-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Also, I thought I was in the Reviews section, not the 101 section. Oops.
    Too weird to live; too rare to die.

Wishlists and favorites in bio.

Raise Your Spirits - Spirits Review Blog

05-06-2012, 1:32 PM

Lots of people around here really like it. However; I am not one of them. There's an older thread in the review section that's pretty long and covers it. I think it's in the review section at least.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist" Edmund Burke

05-06-2012, 9:00 PM

I love them. They stack up favorably to any stick I've ever tried! I get a cherry vanilla flavor from them that just blows me away.

05-06-2012, 9:52 PM

Never had one yet. I do got one sitting in the humi. But there's been lots written up on them they are quite popular. I think people are smoking them less since they are soon to be no more.
    There is a pleasure sure in being mad which none but madmen know.
    -- Dryden --

05-06-2012, 11:21 PM

Love them; only super-premium I bought a box of (so far, anyway). If you want a box, better get it quick; the leaves for the first batch are used up, and no one knows if next years crop will measure up

Question, challenge, and always keep a fresh battery in your bullshit detector

I want to be candid with you, for candor is a compliment, it speaks of trust and assumes good faith.

05-06-2012, 11:24 PM

Box or humidor quality chest? The first release came with a chest. I've been aging a chest of 32 since last year.
    xmacro:
    Love them; only super-premium I bought a box of (so far, anyway). If you want a box, better get it quick; the leaves for the first batch are used up, and no one knows if next years crop will measure up

Lord Ripon

05-07-2012, 11:33 AM

Sounds like a fantastic stick!!!!!! I'll have to try one some day!!!!!!!

05-07-2012, 12:15 PM

GreenMachine:
    Sounds like a fantastic stick!!!!!! I'll have to try one some day!!!!!!!
    its one of my top 10 cigars of all time.
    Kuzi's Forum links page

05-07-2012, 2:55 PM

rzaman:
    Box or humidor quality chest? The first release came with a chest. I've been aging a chest of 32 since last year.
    xmacro:
    Neither; Beard hooked me up with a (decent, not really all that special) deal for a boxless set of 32

Question, challenge, and always keep a fresh battery in your bullshit detector

I want to be candid with you, for candor is a compliment, it speaks of trust and assumes good faith.

05-07-2012, 5:42 PM

Rhamlin:
    Never had one yet. I do got one sitting in the humi. But there's been lots written up on them they are quite popular. I think people are smoking them less since they are soon to be no more.
    They are soon to be no more?????
    Favs & Wishlist in Bio

Young gun and loving it

05-07-2012, 5:46 PM

scarlin:
    Rhamlin:
    They are soon to be no more?????
    yup. that vintage wrapper leaf has run out. they are no longer producing them. CLICK

Kuzi's Forum links page

05-07-2012, 8:06 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed two, then I sent the remainders out so others could experience them for themselves. Great cigars.

05-08-2012, 8:06 PM

I just counted. I have about 32 regular toro grande and 3 of the bbmf shapped ones. Didn't count the coronas.

05-08-2012, 8:38 PM

rwheelwright:
    I just counted. I have about 32 regular toro grande and 3 of the bbmf shapped ones. Didn't count the coronas.
    bbmf shaped ones?
    DISCLAIMER: The preceding post is almost certainly not serious, unless it says it is, and even then, quite adamantly. Don't take it serious, and try to disregard any offense taken. Unless you're here to scam people, then take your offense and leave. :D
Page 1 of 3 (31 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML