Home Ratings & Reviews

Zino Z Class 550 R

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
After my huge dissapointment this afternoon with Don Arturo Gran Anniversario natural, I really wanted to smoke something different so I would enjoy before I start another busy week. I picked up Davidoff's Zino Platinum Z Class 550R series. I got couple of them from a Davidoff black tie cigar event in Washington DC. The Davidoff has a very well trained, smart group of sells girl. This information was provided by one of their sells representative.
Zino's Crown series is an expensive cigar. Initially, the target group was the successful professional and also the upcoming younger jetsetter who enjoy urban lifestyle and also looking for high life with moderate price. The second group simply didn't find the Crown series price very wallet friendly. So Zino came up with the Z class, four sizes(Toro, Pyramid, corona and robusto) with moderate price line. However, the blend remains full bodied for both Crown and Z class. This cigar was also designed mainly for the US market. The wrapper is Dominican sun grown, Peruvian Pelo de Oro Visus binder, Nicaraguan Jalapa, Esteli, Honduran San Vincente and Cuban seed Ligeros. This is the fullest bodied Zino Platinum so far. I am smoking a 550R series today. I also smoked the 546 P, 643 C and 654 T sizes and all of them taste different but deliver super smooth bold flavor. Davidoff is the master to create this kind of balance with artistic skill. The cigar started with strong peppery, woody, sweet spices with a hint of nutmeg. From the beginning it is bold but exceptionally balanced. At the 1/3 mark, the flavor deliver a combination of sweet and white pepper tone with slight butterscotch aroma without any harshness through the nose. At the 2/3 mark, the cigar toned down the spice with mild chocolaty woodiness. The interesting part at this stage is the underlying soft spiceness. It is literally a wow feeling with wonderful complexity of flavor and aroma. The combination and balance of bold and smoothness is the most enjoyable part of this cigar. The price is not bad. Please try this cigar, you will not be disappointed if you like strong and bold cigar.
Photobucket

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had no clue that this was a Sun Grown wrapper and contained such a large blend of Nicaraguan leaf, very interesting and sounds like I need to scare some of these guys up! Thanks again for a great read!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Had no clue that this was a Sun Grown wrapper and contained such a large blend of Nicaraguan leaf, very interesting and sounds like I need to scare some of these guys up! Thanks again for a great read!

Yes you do, then again no you don't. You will have a few incoming, lol.

Okay Rzaman, who the heck are you? It seems that you keep bringing up the cigars I love. I just asked Tim if CCOM had any of these a few weeks ago. Because I'm running low. My wrapper of choice is Sungrown. Which is also the Zino Embassy Selection wrapper also. I wonder do you go off the path sometime? Do you like Illusione, Liga Privada or La Flor Dominicana?
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Hi RCY, we may have similier taste then. I randomly pick a cigar to smoke without thinking so much. I like La Flor Dominicana's Diez from 2008. I am not a Liga Privada fan because to me LP has good strength but weak in complex flavor. A strong cigar can have weak flavor and a mild cigar can have very stong flavor. Some of us get confused between strength and flavor. LP doesn't have balanced strength and flavor(my personal opinion and you reserve the right to have your own). It is all the way about strength not about the complexity and long finish. I enjoy Illusione Eperny which is quiet a balanced in strength but miss complex flavor. To me, a enjoyable cigar is all about the right combination of flavor, strength, aroma, complexity, balance and long finish.
    RCY Cigars:
    90+ Irishman:

Yes you do, then again no you don't. You will have a few incoming, lol.

Okay Rzaman, who the heck are you? It seems that you keep bringing up the cigars I love. I just asked Tim if CCOM had any of these a few weeks ago. Because I'm running low. My wrapper of choice is Sungrown. Which is also the Zino Embassy Selection wrapper also. I wonder do you go off the path sometime? Do you like Illusione, Liga Privada or La Flor Dominicana?
  • MessickMessick Posts: 86
    I tried one of these this weekend while on vacation. I also was pleased. Great description