Home General Discussion
Options

What kind of cutter do you have?

I have a nice guillotine type, but I was wondering what all you have. Show a pic if you can, if not, just tell me what kind. I'm curious. I'm interested in all the accessories, lol.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The two I use most often are my Palio, and my XiKar MTX Multitool.
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    Xikar xi2.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I have 2 MoW Colibri Cutters and 2 Xikar Xi3 Cutters.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Started with a generic guillotine cutter but recently got one of the Xikar MTX multitools and really like it a lot. Allows you to get a very nice and precise cut.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    I just have a cheap punch I got from a local B&M
  • Options
    PreebsPreebs Posts: 43
    I have a generic V-cutter and a generic double guillotine very similar to this one

A real nice cutter is my next cigar-related purchase. I'm just unsure which one I want yet.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Colibri Man O War cutter, along with the cuban crafters perfect cutter....a few other cuters that either are still in the box or havent used in awhile.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a Xikar Xi2 in bloodstone as my main cutter
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I've been using the punch on my lighter lately.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Mephisto:
    I've been using the punch on my lighter lately.
    I 'm using a punch mor and more lately. I have one on my keychain, and you can't cut off too much with a punch. They also give you a really nice draw. The only problem is that if the cigar is a little too dry, you can split the end pretty easy, which gets kind of messy later on.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The generic double guillotine that came with my COTM selection, and even more generic double guillotine that a friend threw at me after destroying one of his Puros, and I was using the punch my wife bought me until it was stolen along with my entire truck...
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palio, and dozens of other cheapy guillotines.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Wow, ya'll have some nice cutters!!
  • Options
    XiKar MTX Multitool. its where its at for sure.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Salem:
    I have a nice guillotine type, but I was wondering what all you have. Show a pic if you can, if not, just tell me what kind. I'm curious. I'm interested in all the accessories, lol.
    Cuban crafters perfect cut. Used to use a xikar till I found this one. Now it's my go to cutter.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Cuban Crafters and Xikar:

• Options
    Steve2010:
    Cuban Crafters and Xikar:

NICE!!!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After seeing this thread and giving it some thought, I just ordered a xi3 with zebrawood. It'll match my humi! But I didn't know some of those cutters were so expensive!! Mammoth ivory?! Holy crap
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    After seeing this thread and giving it some thought, I just ordered a xi3 with zebrawood. It'll match my humi! But I didn't know some of those cutters were so expensive!! Mammoth ivory?! Holy crap
    I know, now I want a new one! Won't happen right now though.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    i have a xikar xi1, xikar v cut which i find myself using more and more, and a cuban crafter perfecto cutter which i recommend
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Xikar whores unite!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    scarlin:
    Xikar whores unite!
    Answering your call! LOL Xikar Xi2, Xikar V cutter and Xikar multi-tool here... depends on what Im smoking and what mood Im in. Xikar - accept NO substitutes!!!

• Options
    I have a Xikar Bullet punch. Love it.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I have a Beachwood Xikar my fiance then GF bought for me. It is pretty but the wood likes to slide off, and as my everyday I have a black X1 Xikar
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Palio for me...

Cuban Crafters crazy three blade or generic double guillotine for everyone else
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    These are my go-to cutters...

1. Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut
    2. Self-sharpened V-cut (just a cheap generic that I sharpened... cuts awesome now. Love it for coronas.
    3. Bullet Punches. (They are empty case of a 40 cal., 35 Rem., and a 8mm that flash318 sharpened for me)

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I also have a black Perfect Cut that I keep in my big herf-a-dor and a couple other cheap-os laying around the house... but these are the ones I use daily. No complaints out of any of them.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I gotta pick me up a punch.. Had a stick someone traded me that was already punched. I enjoyed the draw on it. While I'm at it might as well buy a vcut too.. Give them all a try.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Direwolf:
    I gotta pick me up a punch.. Had a stick someone traded me that was already punched. I enjoyed the draw on it. While I'm at it might as well buy a vcut too.. Give them all a try.
    that's the great thing about punches/v-cuts... you can pick em up on the cheap just to try em out. Sure, the cheap ones won't perform like a xikar punch or v-cut, but they will give you an idea of if you like the style and want to invest in nice ones.

matter of fact, if you know how to sharpen punches and v-cuts... you can get my entire set up in that picture for less than $20 and be set for years! (a lifetime with the Cuban Crafters, actually, as they have an amazing, no excuses replacement warranty!)
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Several but my hands down favorite is the Perdomo Perfect Cut. It's fool proof.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Xikar Xi2 here