Home General Discussion
Options

How often do you smoke a cigar?

I'd love to smoke one today, but I smoke outside and it's cold and windy today, so no go on that. I had my last one 3 days ago. I was wondering, how often do you smoke a cigar? Daily basis, once a week, or just whenever you can? More than one a day? Just interested in this.

Comments

• Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Usually it's one every week or two. Although, I had a rough semester in the fall, so I have been smoking cigars once every 3 or 4 days over this break - really trying to enjoy every moment I can...

and I can't think of a better way to enjoy myself than with a great cigar, a glass of fine scotch or bourbon, and a roaring fire.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've had one just about every night this week.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    On work days twice (during commutes) weekends almost never.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Normally on Fri, Sat, and Sun night. Unless I'm on vacation.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Winter - twice a week B&M. 3-4 cigars in each night. Start at about 7pm and go to 1am.

Summer - once a week B&M, maybe two and have about 3 each time. Once in a while smoke outside at home and have one during yard work or walking the dogs etc.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Anywhere from once a day to once a week. It all just depends on too many factors... weather, timing, schedule, etc.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    It varies. I go through periods where I smoke a lot and then times where I barely smoke at all.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually about twice a week when its colder outside....just all depends on work/family stuff. Just varies..but either way NOT ENOUGH as I would like to.
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    my last cigar was 11/12/11
    FML
  • Options
    I smoke once to twice a week depending (as the others have said) on the weather and timing. I go out to our shelter with my smoke and a good book.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually once a day. If we're on a camping trip with our travel trailer I sometimes burn two per day. And we go on a trip just about every month with just a few exceptions.

The 1 to 2 per day keeps me within the lowest risk range shown in the study by the National Cancer Institute for heart and cancer problems, but that's just coincidental - it's not my reason for limiting myself to how many I burn. It just gives me a tad bit more leeway to rationalize. LOL
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    2-3 a day. Depends on the weather here, of course.
    Kuwait goes from 125+ in the summer, to cold, windy, and rainy in the winter.
    The past month or so has been fairly tolerable.
    Usually a robusto in the morning, something larger in the afternoon, and maybe a corona in the evenings.
    For example, today I had a Est 1844-50 after breakfast, a Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18 about an hour after lunch, and I just finished a 5 Vegas AAA corona.

• Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    2-3 a day unless Im on holidays in the tropics then it goes to 6 a day...
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    whenever i have time and if the weather is good could be 1-3 a week or none
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Usually I stick to the weekends cause of work. I do have time to smoke at work but I choose to run or go to the gym or grapple instead of smoking. If I do smoke at work, its on the last work day of the week with my co-workers. But def every Sat and Sun. So I might have 3 a week.

If I have a rough day at work or get off real realy I might splurge and have a cigar.

Unless there is a herf that weekend, that I have had as many as 6 in one day. Usually when we herf I have at least 3 maybe 4.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    At least one a day, but typically 2. Up to 4 or 5 a day if I'm off work.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I would say a couple a week. But in winter I could go a lot longer between them.
  • Options
    3-4 on my days off, sometimes one after dinner on workdays if working days.

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Lately I've been smoking 1 or 2 a day
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    not enough
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    I'd like to more often than I do, but thats the way it goes.

In the spring, summer and fall months about 2 per week on average, and never more than 3. In the winter, even though I live in CA, it gets old smoking in the dark and in the cold, so I drop to 2-3 per month.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I shoot for once or twice per week on the weekends (depending on weather). If I'm on vacation, I try to have one every day. Doesn't always work though. Its not uncommon for me to go weeks without one as well.
  • Options
    PreebsPreebs Posts: 43
    I average about 8-9 per week. I usually just have one a day, but if I go out on the weekends I usually have an extra one.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Normally during the winter it is about 1 every two weeks at a B&M because of the horrible weather (ie single digits) during the spring/fall a couple times a week. Summer here is kinda finnicky so it can really depend on the temp.
  • Options
    I usually smoke three a day...one after each meal.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    +1
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I smoke in the winter for 2 reasons:
    1. Pain relief
    2. Alone time to study

The weather (7+ inches of snow today and 30 below tonight) might stop me from having a cigar after pizza and wings (notice I said "might"). Weather does play a factor, but I love having study time alone in the garage without interruptions
    1 to 3 per week in the winter. Camping in the summer might be 2 a week of real cigars and a few "but gitter ridders" as needed (those would be backwoods or other cheaper cigars)

• Options
    Jiffy78Jiffy78 Posts: 30
    On this deployment it has turned into one a day. I grab my kindle and go down to the smoke deck, plant my butt on an ammo can and read. I have been on nights since August, so sometimes I will catch a second one in the morning, just to see the sun and be outside.
    When we hit port, it's usually two or three when we have "Beer on the Pier"
    I'm sure that when I get home the wife will want me to tone it down though.
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Daily or every other day. ill usually light one up in my computer room and jam out or play a game or something.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Every Monday night with a few local BotL and I try and get in 1 more session...usually 2-3 smokes a night