A forum for cigar lovers.

Welcome to Cigar.com Sign in | Join | Help
in

Cigar Band Collections

Last post 11-28-2011, 9:12 AM by Direwolf. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (32 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous
  • Cigar Band Collections

11-11-2011, 11:39 PM

I am starting to get a nice collection of cigar bands, I try and keep all of them, and was wondering if anyone else does anything special with them? I was thinking of putting them on poster-board and making a collage of sorts to put under the glass on a coffee table or cabinet glasstop humidor. Let me know your ideas brothers!
    Favorites/Wishlist in Bio
  • Re: Cigar Band Collections

11-12-2011, 3:04 AM

I sent mine to MTuccelli... the women in his family are super creative and do cool things with them.

EAST COAST BOMBING CREW

11-12-2011, 1:21 PM

My wife surprised me the other day for our anniversary with this:

Photobucket

Now I just need to fill in the right side.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. -Abraham Lincoln

CRA Member # 99956091

11-12-2011, 1:23 PM

Mike got mine as well. I usually keep all my bands and give them to someone here. I haven't tried to make anything but some of the guys here and their families are really talented and creative!
    Fav's in Bio.

Team ENFIDL

MoW Special Forces Badge=Virtue, Original, Ruination, Armada, PA, and LE Maduro

11-12-2011, 3:38 PM

• Joined on 02-28-2011
    • Here...There...Everywhere
    • Posts 2,577
    • Top 75 Contributor
    Grazuh:

Photobucket

Sweeeeet....I often wonder why women are more creative then us guys?

Team RCY Cigars
    Team Ayden
    CutleryBarn.com
    UberHumidors

11-12-2011, 3:40 PM

• Joined on 02-28-2011
    • Here...There...Everywhere
    • Posts 2,577
    • Top 75 Contributor
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I was thinking of putting them on poster-board and making a collage of sorts to put under the glass on a coffee table or cabinet glasstop humidor. Let me know your ideas brothers!
    All of these are great ideas.

Team RCY Cigars
    Team Ayden
    CutleryBarn.com
    UberHumidors

11-12-2011, 4:31 PM

• Joined on 04-12-2010
    • In xIcedGuardianx's pants
    • Posts 5,860
    • Top 25 Contributor
    I made a book mark and have another project in the works
    Northern, VA and DC Sales Rep for:
    Emilio Cigars
    Rodrigo Cigars
    Ezra Zion Cigars
    Guayacan Cigars
    1502 Cigars
    Herederos de Robaina

http://www.emiliocigars.com/

TEAM ENFIDL
    MOW God of War
    BORK 4 life!

11-12-2011, 10:46 PM

MTuccelli:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    I was thinking of putting them on poster-board and making a collage of sorts to put under the glass on a coffee table or cabinet glasstop humidor. Let me know your ideas brothers!
    All of these are great ideas.
    I think I am going to glue them to posterboard and then use them on a glass top when it becomes available...wost case scenario I can always frame it

11-13-2011, 11:03 AM

MTuccelli:
    Grazuh:

Photobucket

Sweeeeet....I often wonder why women are more creative then us guys?
    Man I'm liking that, she did a great job. Been thinking about doing something like that with my bands.

"My power is discombobulatingly devastating. I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm." - Mike Tyson

11-13-2011, 12:12 PM

I'm doing a similar thing with mine but slightly different... putting all the bands on a poster board, then getting a matte black framing mat and cutting out a preferido cigar shape and putting it over it. So the end product is a cigar outline with the cigar being made out of bands. I also make cigar art from the boxes... drawer pulls from the tubos, and then carvings and stuff like that (card holders etc) from some of the other boxes. I'll post pics when I get some stuff completed.
    MoW Special Forces Badge Earned 11/3/2011
    "It'll fvck you up...!" - Curt Pickens 2nd Annual Chicago Herf 2013
    Get Lit Son!!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you ask him to stop. If he does not, destroy him."

11-13-2011, 1:40 PM

I have almost every single band from every single cigar I have smoked over the last year and a half or so in a great big cigar.com bag... it is out of hand. I need to go ahead and turn these into artwork for my walls, but just don't have the drive to do it yet. So, the bag gets bigger. I literally have hundreds and hundreds of bands in this bag.
    SMOKE INTO OBLIVION CIGAR BLOG

11-13-2011, 2:12 PM

90+ Irishman:
    I'm doing a similar thing with mine but slightly different... putting all the bands on a poster board, then getting a matte black framing mat and cutting out a preferido cigar shape and putting it over it. So the end product is a cigar outline with the cigar being made out of bands. I also make cigar art from the boxes... drawer pulls from the tubos, and then carvings and stuff like that (card holders etc) from some of the other boxes. I'll post pics when I get some stuff completed.
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it!

11-13-2011, 2:14 PM

docbp87:
    I have almost every single band from every single cigar I have smoked over the last year and a half or so in a great big cigar.com bag... it is out of hand. I need to go ahead and turn these into artwork for my walls, but just don't have the drive to do it yet. So, the bag gets bigger. I literally have hundreds and hundreds of bands in this bag.
    I put mine in a phone book today to try and flatten them out, hoping to start the collage this week

11-13-2011, 2:24 PM

Shaun.Harrison87:
    I put mine in a phone book today
    Nice. Hadn't thought of that. That's a really good idea.
    SMOKE INTO OBLIVION CIGAR BLOG

11-14-2011, 2:48 PM

I keep a 3 ring binder and glue stick in my desk. Saving the wrappers helps me to organize things in my brain. Each page from a certain blender or house. I also keep the COTM literature and other articles from Ccom mag, etc. The front part has a sleeve where I keep the correspondences from other BOTLs and business cards I've picked up along the way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    " A good cigar, no matter the cost, is an investment in one's mental health "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
Page 1 of 3 (32 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML