I quit smoking...

Last post 11-13-2011, 10:13 PM by james40. 34 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (35 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous
  • I quit smoking...

11-12-2011, 2:43 AM

Cigarettes. Been 10 days since I've had one. I quit so I could afford more cigars. You can buy a BOX of NICE cigars once a month for less than a pack-a-day smoking habit costs each month! (and I will remind my wife, who still is smokes, of that everytime I buy cigars. lol)

I am hoping it has positive side effects on my palate. I am also hoping that with there being MUCH less nicotine in my system (a pack of KOOL 100s a day's worth) that I will be more affected by the strength and body of my cigars. As of now, I get nothing from mild or medium bodied cigars, but I am hoping that without smoking cigs, I will become more sensitive to it, and start to appreciate the body of a cigar more.

we will see. Wish me luck.

EAST COAST BOMBING CREW
  • Re: I quit smoking...

11-12-2011, 2:49 AM

BigT06:
    Cigarettes. Been 10 days since I've had one. I quit so I could afford more cigars. You can buy a BOX of NICE cigars once a month for less than a pack-a-day smoking habit costs each month! (and I will remind my wife, who still is smokes, of that everytime I buy cigars. lol)

I am hoping it has positive side effects on my palate. I am also hoping that with there being MUCH less nicotine in my system (a pack of KOOL 100s a day's worth) that I will be more affected by the strength and body of my cigars. As of now, I get nothing from mild or medium bodied cigars, but I am hoping that without smoking cigs, I will become more sensitive to it, and start to appreciate the body of a cigar more.

we will see. Wish me luck.
    Congrats man. January 25th will be 2 years for me.
    MOW Special Forces Badge 3/23/2012
    B-Town Bomber/The Bus/Rob Green

"Any cigar smoker is a friend, because I know how he feels."

11-12-2011, 3:08 AM

Way to go man!

Favorites and not-so-favorites can be found in my profile.

11-12-2011, 4:02 AM

I started this for that very reason...cigars are more fulfilling than cigs, but...hard habit to break...proud of u...hope to be doing the same very soon after I get my mind set...

Redneck Mafia

11-12-2011, 4:43 AM

Keep up the good fight brother. I need to quit the snuff. Now that's a nasty habit, but I would imagine your sense of taste will dramatically improve
    There is a pleasure sure in being mad which none but madmen know.
    -- Dryden --

11-12-2011, 6:23 AM

Good job on 10 days. They say those are the hardest to get through. Good luck brother!
    Man O War: War Lord

Achieved: 25 August 2012

11-12-2011, 6:50 AM

• Joined on 06-23-2011
    • Stafford, VA
    • Posts 216
    • Top 500 Contributor
    Normally I would say nobody likes a quitter, but in this case good job. Enjoy all those new cigars you'll be having.
    TEAM ENFIDL

11-12-2011, 7:06 AM

My dad smoked cigs for 40 years, and he quit when my 1st son was born. I know you can do it. And cigars will def start tasting better....and food!
    " Long ashes my friends."

11-12-2011, 8:21 AM

• Joined on 08-23-2011
    • Williamsburg
    • Posts 734
    • Top 500 Contributor
    Will be five years since I quit coming up this February. Best decision. Everything smells better and tastes better. AND, it's kind of nice not being short of breath everytime I do....well....anything. Good luck bro. You got this.

11-12-2011, 8:45 AM

e6specialk:
    Normally I would say nobody likes a quitter, but in this case good job. Enjoy all those new cigars you'll be having.

+1 Lol, congrats and good for you. I never had one but, I know that's a hard fight. You'll win it.....

I heard that every time a BOTL smokes a machine made somewhere a Unicorn dies... "BIG Harpoon"
    Team MTuccelli
    Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. ~ Proverbs 3:27

11-12-2011, 9:43 AM

• Joined on 05-03-2011
    • Pasadena, Texas
    • Posts 712
    • Top 500 Contributor
    good job man I quit about 7 months ago and I tried one the other day and it tasted like crap i did not enjoy it at all, it only took me 1 puff and i was like am glad I QUIT!!!!

11-12-2011, 9:45 AM

Good job brother. Hard habit to break...but one day at a time then cigs will just be a distant memory!! Heres to more cigars for you!!
    TEAM ENFIDL

nobody leaves this place without singin the blues

11-12-2011, 10:10 AM

Great job Todd, that is a tough monster to get free from. 2 1/2 packs a day for 6 years was nasty to stop, been quit for over 6 months, so I know you can do it brother! We are all pulling for you man, you got this!
    MoW Special Forces Badge Earned 11/3/2011
    "It'll fvck you up...!" - Curt Pickens 2nd Annual Chicago Herf 2013
    Get Lit Son!!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you ask him to stop. If he does not, destroy him."

11-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Hang in there, Brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwv61Uu1fdA

Why do you supose Kamakazi Pilots wore helmets?

11-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Thats great to hear Todd, best of luck!!
    Favorites/Wishlist in Bio
Page 1 of 3 (35 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML