A forum for cigar lovers.

Welcome to Cigar.com Sign in | Join | Help
in

Looking for sweet cigars...

Last post 03-18-2011, 10:04 AM by drpepperdude. 34 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (35 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous
  • Looking for sweet cigars...

03-02-2011, 3:11 PM

I'm looking for cigars that have a natural sweetness NOT SWEETENED CAPS, NOT INFUSED.
    I've tasted it a few times in a few brands but nothing I could track.
    I've tried cigars with the same wrapper and gotten totally different results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am the rocks of eternal shore: Crash against me and be broken!~ En Sabah Nur
  • Re: Looking for sweet cigars...

03-02-2011, 3:49 PM

I think the Ruination and the A. Fernandez both have a lot of sweetness to them. What are the ones that had the sweetness you couldn't track?
    Favorites are in my bio

03-02-2011, 3:56 PM

The A. Fernandez Sumatra, the Ccom Cuban Label (had the most so far), The Kristoff Criollo, and I know there was another one but I for the life of me can't remember it.

03-02-2011, 4:08 PM

• Joined on 12-16-2010
    • Murrieta, Ca
    • Posts 456
    • Top 500 Contributor
    The only cigar that has really made me remember a very distinct sweet nutty flavor was the Monte #2 a few years back, unfortunately I have only had one so I don't know if it was just that particular cigar or not. I have had other cigars (mainly maduros) that have sweetness but nothing like that monte.

'Il faut d'abord durer' - Hemingway

03-02-2011, 4:11 PM

The Torano Exodus Gold has some sweetnes to it, although that might be more of a cocoa flavor than pure sweetness. I always thought the old RP Fusion had a slightly sweet flavor. I'd also consider the Montesino maduro somewhat sweet too.

"The members on this forum are a very accepting group of people, even the retarded ones." - bigharpoon 4/7/11

03-02-2011, 4:11 PM

Swisher

really though. LFD DL Maduro chisel is sweet. Litto Gome Diez Natural Chisel is great as well. Of course, don't forget Anejo
    My Instagram

03-02-2011, 4:20 PM

I find the Gurkha Empire Series VI has that natural sweetness. I have noticed that the Brazilian Arapiraca wrapper seems to have great sweetness, I have been smoking a lot of different ones lately.

JTS Dino Smash
    John's Twisted Studios
    Four Herfsmen of the Apocalypse

03-02-2011, 4:30 PM

• Joined on 05-13-2010
    • Kitchener, ON, Canada
    • Posts 2,912
    • Top 75 Contributor
    LFD Airbender, Oliveros King Havano Claro, AF Hemingway, Cohiba Red Dot, and Padilla Miami.
    Wish list in Bio

There is no blender but AJ, and The Beard is his merchant.

03-02-2011, 4:32 PM

• Joined on 01-08-2009
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 659
    • Top 500 Contributor
    funny there are so many differences here! I always felt the Tat reds had a bit too much sweetness for my tastes.

"All things are possible through faith in The Beard."
    - j0z3r 1/15/2010

pure.refreshing.bacon.

03-02-2011, 5:36 PM

• Joined on 02-03-2010
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 477
    • Top 500 Contributor
    Cameroon wrappers have a natural sweetness to them. Torano 1916 comes to mind.

03-02-2011, 5:37 PM

Not sure, but IIRC, the AF 8-5-8 has a sweetness to it

Question, challenge, and always keep a fresh battery in your bullshit detector

I want to be candid with you, for candor is a compliment, it speaks of trust and assumes good faith.

03-02-2011, 6:18 PM

Unthought_Known:
    Cameroon wrappers have a natural sweetness to them. Torano 1916 comes to mind.
    Yep, good call. Although most cameroons (1916's included) have that sweet-pepper flavor, to me anyway. Not sure if that's along the line of what you're looking for S.H.

"The members on this forum are a very accepting group of people, even the retarded ones." - bigharpoon 4/7/11

03-02-2011, 6:23 PM

I had a Gran Habano Azteca on my way home... tons of sweetness.

03-02-2011, 7:06 PM

Ashton Aged Maduro...very sweet cigar and picked up some chocolate notes too. Medium bodied. One more suggestion would be the Ccom Brazilian label.
    " Long ashes my friends."

03-02-2011, 7:40 PM

+2 on the Ashton Aged Maduro.

I also have to put a plug in for Onyx Reserve, which is probably one of the sweetest natural-sweet cigars I've ever had. For a different kind of sweet you can try the CAO La Traviata as well. It has a very different, somewhat meaty, tangy type sweetness to it that is really good IMO. Eat something first, it's one of those cigars you can really feel in your gut. One of my favorites.

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." - Henrik Tikkanen
Page 1 of 3 (35 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML