Home General Discussion
Options

what is yhour oldest sticks in your humi/collection

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
Mine's pretty simple it's 3 sticks
One is a Diesel UC that mr, Fourto sent me in a pif I believe that has 2 years on it
Where's Fourto been as of late anyways?
second is a Cohiba XV with well over a year oln it that I purchased at a Tinderbox
Third is a stick that I will have toi update this post on once I finally get out of here and I believe the BORK said it had 4 years ion it...
How about you? i'M FAIRLY CERTAIN DD's gonna make us drool when he responmmds

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have a few cigars I bought back in jan 2009, probably my oldest so far.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    What do you mean oldest? Oldest in terms of how long I have had it or oldest in terms of when it was actually made?
  • Options
    as in your age-iest cigar my fellow borks
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    GOF Carlito 04 and a few Forbidden X 04s.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Actually don't have much with a lot of age on them, I tend to smoke quite a bit so they are hard to keep around! I have some Cohiba with 18 months on them, some GOF with 13 months, a couple Opus with 13 months but the ones I am really really excited about, I have 3 Coihiba Siglo VI that have a box date of 2005, I have only had them in humi for a little bit though...I have a bunch of stuff with a year on them...I have 2 Behike's that I will age, the first one I will have for a very special occassion Dec 2, 2013 will be my 20 year clean date and the other I will let go to 5 years HOPEFULLY lol...I know for sure I can 2013, hopefully by that time the price will have come down on these!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Partegas 150C, 15 years.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    cabinetmaker:
    Partegas 150C, 15 years.
    Smoke it already!!! lol
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a Montecristo Cigar des Artes. from 2002.
    they were discontinued in 2004.

i also have a Hoyo De Monterrey that has a band on it that i am not familiar with. im fairly sure its an older run cigar but i dont have any info on it. there are lots of reds greens and yellows on this band. the only word appearing is "Hoyo" the drawing on the band is a man playing guitar.
    my memory fails me at this time as to who gave it to me. i wish i could find it. it entered my humidor on 2-28-2010. i seem to remember that i was told its a discontinued blend.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Typically for me the last few in a box are always around for a while since I only smoke about 1-2 sticks per week.

I rarely ever have anyhting high end in my humi, so my oldest right now are a handful of Gurkha Masters select perfectos that I've had for between 3-4 years and some RP 1990s that have been around for just under 3 years. The Gurkhas started out as a decent medium smoke and are tasting pretty good right now. I feel like their getting their second wind at this point.

Everything else is in my humi is under a year.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    GoF, Opus X and Davidoff millenium with 2+ years.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Partegas 150C, 15 years.
    Me too but not the same size you have. Mine are a 5 X 50 or 5.5 X 50. Other than that I have a 160 I got in 2006 and I have a Monti something or other that I got in 2005 or 2006. Plus a few 2004 GoF Carlito and a bunch of the 2005 GoF Carlito and Don Carlos.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got 2 Opus X that I purchased in the summer of 08 after my son was born that I am saving for when he graduates high school. Also have a Padron 1926 80 Year and a regular Padron 1926 maduro that both have 2+ years on them. Probably have a couple more with 2 or more years but can't remember off hand.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    cabinetmaker:
    Partegas 150C, 15 years.
    +2 soon to be +1 thanks to the trade with Cabbi.
    Opus forbidden X 2004 2+years, GOF 18 months, thanks to Doug....
    Most of my others are either just a little over or under a year, that's when I started buying in bulk from Ccom and stopped dropping into my local B&M to get my sticks. Anything else with any age on it came from someone else in a trade.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have a box of Casa Blanca Bonitas from the late 1990s.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Not that it is a premium stick or anything, but I have a Punch Chateu L Double Maduro that my cousin gave my the day of my wedding. We just celebrated our 7 year anniversary. It's been the best 2 years of my life. I plan on having it on my 10 year.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    My Father In-Law keeps his stick (8 of them) in my Humi. One is an ISOM from 1997. From what I've read, the age most likely will not make it any better but, he thinks it will.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    undulac:
    Not that it is a premium stick or anything, but I have a Punch Chateu L Double Maduro that my cousin gave my the day of my wedding. We just celebrated our 7 year anniversary. It's been the best 2 years of my life. I plan on having it on my 10 year.
    Did I miss something here or was this a joke? 7 year anniversary & it's been the best 2 years of your life??? I'm guessing you were either deployed or in a coma.....no wait seperated at sea & she was on an island & was just returned to you. LOL sorry couldn't help myself.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    undulac:
    Did I miss something here or was this a joke? 7 year anniversary & it's been the best 2 years of your life??? I'm guessing you were either deployed or in a coma.....no wait seperated at sea & she was on an island & was just returned to you. LOL sorry couldn't help myself.
    Yeah, I decided to leave that one alone!
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Partagas 150s
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'm too new to have any old sticks. My oldest are probably sticks that i've got from fellow botl here that have been in the game longer than I.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I smoked a 23 year old cohiba today gifted by a guy who had a box of pre-embargo montecristos. Fifty year old cubans... that cohiba was littered with plume.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Sandman1am:
    undulac:
    Yeah, I decided to leave that one alone!
    I was all O.o about it too
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Sandman1am:
    undulac:
    Just trying to get some chuckles.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I have an Ashton Churchill from 2006
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Believe it or not, I smoked a cigar from 1911 last year. I used to a pretty impressive of clear Havanas from 1920 to 1960. I traded it all away though. Contrary to popular belief, sometimes cigars become "too old". I think aging definitely has it's limits.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Believe it or not, I smoked a cigar from 1911 last year. I used to a pretty impressive of clear Havanas from 1920 to 1960. I traded it all away though. Contrary to popular belief, sometimes cigars become "too old". I think aging definitely has it's limits.
    I would fully agree Alex, look at Camacho PE's the tobacco aside from the wrapper is pretty much at it's limits
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    ashton VSGs top out around 8 or so years. older than that they are bland thin. the 1999 VSG round that i had was past its prime. you can still find em around but they are more of show pieces than anything anymore.
    if it was a stronger cigar then id say i coulda lasted a bit longer. oh well.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:

Alex maybe you should have just stuck to the 1911 pistol instead in this case.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hayblet:
    Alex Svenson:
    I would fully agree Alex, look at Camacho PE's the tobacco aside from the wrapper is pretty much at it's limits
    Except that there is somewhere between one leaf, and a few shreds of PE tobacco in each Camacho PE stick... so that argument doesn't really hold up, since there is only a small portion of old tobacco in the cigar.
  • Options
    I have a Davidoff culabra from 1997.  That's the oldest. 
    I have a H. Upmann from ISOM that I purchased in 2001 while in Canada.

Everything else has been purchased in the last 6 months.  My humi isn't big...So, I can't keep much stocked, but I've been hanging onto those cigars for a special occassion.  I think I might set fire to the Upmann for Christmas.