A forum for cigar lovers.

Welcome to Cigar.com Sign in | Join | Help
in

Best creamy mild cigars?

Last post 03-30-2010, 1:26 PM by ironhorse. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous
  • Best creamy mild cigars?

03-29-2010, 5:52 PM

• Joined on 12-23-2009
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 146
    • Top 500 Contributor
    Hey folks, I'm looking for the ideal creamy Connecticut type cigar. A lot of the one's I've heard recommended - Nub CT, 5 Vegas gold, etc. - I haven't tried, so I'm wondering what's a really good one to try next. Mild body, very tasteful creamy type taste is what I'm looking for. I have a vision of the ideal cigar and I'm hoping to find it ;) lol. Any recommendations?
  • Re: Best creamy mild cigars?

03-29-2010, 5:56 PM

• Joined on 12-14-2009
    • Mobile,AL
    • Posts 92
    • Not Ranked
    The ones you mentioned, and the Camacho Conn, Patel Conn, and Oliva Conn Reserve.

03-29-2010, 5:57 PM

I don't smoke a ton of mild cigar but when I do I usually grab a Verdadero Organic or a Rocky Patel Connecticut. Lots of flavor in both.

03-29-2010, 6:04 PM

I really enjoyed the Ashton cabinet series robusto... To say the least it was amazing

03-29-2010, 6:09 PM

+1 for Ashton, but my vote is for the Ashton Classic. Perdomo 10th Reserve Champagne is a mild-medium, creamy cigar. Perdomo ESV '91 Conn is more medium but also creamy and delicious. Montesino is another good one. Cusano 18 Double Connecticut is one of the creamiest cigars I've had. Gurkha Symphony is another nice mild and creamy cigar. Toraño Casa Toraño is delicious and mild, not so creamy but loads of flavor.
    retired

03-29-2010, 6:17 PM

RP Vintage 1999

RP Signature

Carlos Torano 1916 (with some age)
    " Long ashes my friends."

03-29-2010, 6:27 PM

If price isn't an issue, Davidoff makes one of the smoothest cigars you can buy; Macanudo or Monte Cristo White are also very smooth/mild, but less expensive (still quite pricey though)

Question, challenge, and always keep a fresh battery in your bullshit detector

I want to be candid with you, for candor is a compliment, it speaks of trust and assumes good faith.

03-29-2010, 6:29 PM

• Joined on 04-11-2009
    • Boston, Massachusetts
    • Posts 1,299
    • Top 150 Contributor
    Krieg:
    RP Vintage 1999

RP Signature

Carlos Torano 1916 (with some age)
    +1

03-29-2010, 6:35 PM

• Joined on 12-23-2009
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 146
    • Top 500 Contributor
    Thanks for all the tips! I've tried the Ashton Classic a couple of times and am a big fan, but it's a bit pricey for me to have it as more than an occasional thing. Same with the Avo #2 (which I plan to try soon) and the Davidoffs (I plan to smoke one with my friend the night after we graduate in May, but it's only a special occasion cigar lol). Anyone else has a tip for that one great, tasty mild cigar, keep em coming!

03-29-2010, 6:35 PM

• Joined on 02-03-2010
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 477
    • Top 500 Contributor
    I agree with those that mentioned Nub, Oliva CT and Rocky Patel CT. In addition, I'd recommend the CCOM Purple Label. I was shocked by how creamy it tasted.

03-29-2010, 6:37 PM

I like the RP Connecticut and the Gurkha Park Ave

"Good Friends Are Worth Their Weight In Cigars"

Central CA ATF Herf

03-29-2010, 6:57 PM

I'll second the Perdomo ESV, Montesino, and Montecristo White, and add the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real. The Connecticut version of the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio is another good choice, but it's in the Davidoff price range.

I feel like I'm forgetting something. Maybe it'll come to me.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

03-29-2010, 7:01 PM

La Aurora Preferido Gold. That's what it was. That one's kinda spendy, too, though.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

03-29-2010, 7:02 PM

Just a heads up that ccom had a weekend blitz deal with the Verdadero Organic. All boxes were 49.99. I'm sure if you called they will still give you that price.

03-29-2010, 7:14 PM

I have to throw the Gran Habano #1 in there.

I am the rocks of eternal shore: Crash against me and be broken!~ En Sabah Nur
Page 1 of 2 (28 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML