Home Non Cigar Related

iPad ... iwhat?

iPad

Is this the new wave of computers?!?!?!

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    i'm a mac guy, but this seems like a redundant waste...it's like a really big iphone that doesn't make calls... i'll pass
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    i'm a mac guy, but this seems like a redundant waste...it's like a really big iphone that doesn't make calls... i'll pass
    so basically, it's an oversized iTouch?

"Long ashes my friends."

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I was just trying to think when you would need one of these...
    Maybe for graphic design...
    Or in some privileged school type situation
    ....Honestly I'm having a hard time seeing the market for it.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    stephen_hannibal:
    I was just trying to think when you would need one of these...
    Maybe for graphic design...
    Or in some privileged school type situation
    ....Honestly I'm having a hard time seeing the market for it.
    it's an e-reader and apparently there are going to be textbooks available on it... I can see a demo there, but the book downloads will have to be quite a bit cheaper than the textbooks themselves... idunno... feels like a flop
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Is this the new big release crApple has been bragging about? It looks like they blew up an iPhone. Great another useless toy ...
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I really want to hold it up to my head like that Trigger Happy Tv guy with the huge cell phone!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    For nearly $1K when it's all said and done......... I'll pass. I've got a MacAir that I dropped $1500 last year. It suits me fine.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    $799 for the 3G model plus monthly fees from a data provider...no thanks Apple...I got better things to spend my money on.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    iPad? sounds like a custom made feminine hygiene thing.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Jdorais:
    iPad? sounds like a custom made feminine hygiene thing.
    That's what I was thinking....electronic feminine hygiene product....from apple of course.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    hmmm....seems like someone else thought this way too:

bbc020:

Yeah, it's got a sweet plug in so you can rock out to your tunes AND keep your heavy days in check!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    nightmaremike31:
    bbc020:

Yeah, it's got a sweet plug in so you can rock out to your tunes AND keep your heavy days in check!!
    Does it come with an ovulation app?........ my wife is askin.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Is this the new big release crApple has been bragging about? It looks like they blew up an iPhone. Great another useless toy ...
    lol, I'd agree..
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    nightmaremike31:
    bbc020:

Does it come with an ovulation app?........ my wife is askin.
    ha, very funny
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Go Squirrel....i like that...that's probably all it's good for until they bring in the additons and improvements...and lower the price.
    Hawk55:
    Go Squirrel....i like that...that's probably all it's good for until they bring in the additons and improvements...and lower the price.
    I believe bbc020 posted the sweet pic of the max-ipad.

Failblog, where would I be without you?
  • We are the provider of Low-cost  ipod system inside Shell, : Locate low-cost The new sony ipod, equipment and much more just about all on the web.
    sell ipod
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kristaljack01:
    We are the provider of Low-cost  ipod system inside Shell, : Locate low-cost The new sony ipod, equipment and much more just about all on the web.
    sell ipod

Yea... dineromob.com huh? This should go over really well for you here...
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    F*cking bots necroing threads again. Great.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I love the first page slagging off the iPad. Not that I don't agree with it, but I didn't notice the date at first and was confused.

Confession time, how many of you own a tablet now?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I own a first generation iPad. Looking to move up to a pumped up mini. These are totally cool.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just yesterday I pawed an iPad for the first time ever Had to debug a drop down menu. Menu worked grand on IE8, Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla under Windows, Chrome and Mozilla under Linux, and both browsers on my Android, but would not work for iPad using any browser. That's when I discovered that there is no hover event on an iPad. In the process, I also discovered that Flash won't work on the iPad either. Makes you wonder what other oddball quirks the thing might have.

Nevertheless, I may well own the thing here shortly. The owner is already eager to upgrade to a new iPad he says is coming out next month. Needs more storage memory. The present unit only has 32 gigs (heck, my Atrix android phone has 48) and the newer unit ought to have more. I asked "Why don't you just whip in a new SD card?" Turns out there's no place to swap in a card. So he's going to sell it to me cheap. Him and all his family are iHeads. I'll give it to Bearswatter to do her evening facebook thing. Seemed real dang fast at that.

Did seem to be all battery, too. Heavy. Loads of battery life. Charging cord is completely short, but charge itself lasts very long.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)