Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes there are.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Been a few months since I played so what the hell. Not sure on the other two clues but when I saw the wood chipper clue I immediately thought of Fargo.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

It's not Fargo, good guess though.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg Alan, this is way more than you should've sent for Movie trivia! Totally unexpected. I'm very excited, I really like both of these a lot. Thanks a ton man, going to be hard to wait a few days before firing one of these up.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    Those are some nice sticks, congrats on the win.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20:
    Omg Alan, this is way more than you should've sent for Movie trivia! Totally unexpected. I'm very excited, I really like both of these a lot. Thanks a ton man, going to be hard to wait a few days before firing one of these up.
    I owed you a bit of payback too. I'm glad you like them and thanks for winning the Chick Flix Edition.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    image I finally got the chance yesterday to go pick these bad boys up. Im realy loving this line up. 3 of them are new to me. The rothchild is among my favorite sticks. You also cant go wrong with an OlivaV. Im just sorry they need to rest a bit. Ty Martel I look forward to each of these.also love the note!
    ExpendableYouth:
    ExpendableYouth:
    ExpendableYouth:
    Clue #1 this film won awards at both the SXSW film festival, and the Fangoria Chainsaw awards.
    Clue #2 I don't think they are getting there deposit back on that wood chipper.
    Clue #3 the two main characters starred in failed Fox shows.
    Clue#4 One of the main characters went turbo and became king.
    On it's way Jeff! 9405 9036 9930 0396 7486 13.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    I am wondering if people don't know what the movie is, or don't want to take a chance on what I will send because I am new.
    There just aren't a whole lot of people who do this in the first place and I hadn't played in a while to try and let some others get into it. I guessed because thought it would be cool to win yours since your Bro won mine and was what got him rolling on here. Him and his four posts back then. They grow up so quick haha.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Crousefer:
    image I finally got the chance yesterday to go pick these bad boys up. Im realy loving this line up. 3 of them are new to me. The rothchild is among my favorite sticks. You also cant go wrong with an OlivaV. Im just sorry they need to rest a bit. Ty Martel I look forward to each of these.also love the note!
    Enjoy! The V No. 4 is super intense. I love the Hemingway. I'm out of the Mauro version, otherwise you'd have gotten one. I love the shape of the Punch; it's a lot of fun to smoke. That's good because flavor-wise it's my least favorite among the bunch. The Blue has been in my humidor since early December. If you can hold out until Christmas, it should be fantastic. Still good now, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    ExpendableYouth:
    ExpendableYouth:
    ExpendableYouth:
    ExpendableYouth:
    Clue #1 this film won awards at both the SXSW film festival, and the Fangoria Chainsaw awards.
    Clue #2 I don't think they are getting there deposit back on that wood chipper.
    Clue #3 the two main characters starred in failed Fox shows.
    Clue#4 One of the main characters went turbo and became king.
    Clue #5 Evil is in the title.
    I'll go ahead and shoot my guess. Tucker and dale vs evil!. I love me some Alan T
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ExpendableYouth:
    I am wondering if people don't know what the movie is, or don't want to take a chance on what I will send because I am new.
    I lurk this thread but am terrible at it. Not sure if I've ever placed a guess.
    Crousefer:
    I'll go ahead and shoot my guess. Tucker and dale vs evil!. I love me some Alan T
    Winner, winner.
    He must really want to play again.

Okay sorry this is a little late. its been a buussyy weekend but let's get on with it!
    Clue:1 This movie was directed by and starred the same person. It also won the acadamy award for best picture, best director, and best cinematography, as well as a golden globe for best motion picture in the year the came out.
    Swampthing
    Crousefer:

Okay sorry this is a little late. its been a buussyy weekend but let's get on with it!
    Clue:1 This movie was directed by and starred the same person. It also won the acadamy award for best picture, best director, and best cinematography, as well as a golden globe for best motion picture in the year the came out.
    Pretty sure I know this one. Is it black and white? I really don't want to guess, though.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Plan 9 From Outer Space.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Crousefer:

Field of Dreams?

Sorry the movie is not in black and white! Oh man sooo close!!! I had to check with plan 9 :p actuly smokey your burning hot!
    Clue:2 In 2007, this movie was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant"
    Crousefer:

Sorry the movie is not in black and white! Oh man sooo close!!! I had to check with plan 9 :p actuly smokey your burning hot!
    Clue:2 In 2007, this movie was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant"

I'm pretty sure I guessed this one right, are you sure it 'won' those awards vs. was nominated for them? I'm not going to guess because I just won though.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    imagephoto image.jpg1_zpsckcfwhwy.jpg> Thanks Kelly (Edna20)
    I just checked it most certainly won those award. :). To be fair I do need to correct. The movie came out in 1990 and won the awards in 1991
    Crousefer:

Well that gave it away. The one I was thinking of predates the Golden Globes, duh. I am not winning again, though. Not now. It might be fun to see some guesses.

I'm going to go with Independence Day, and not because it was one of the answers to my trivia from before...

Crousefer:
    I just checked it most certainly won those award. :). To be fair I do need to correct. The movie came out in 1990 and won the awards in 1991

Check your PM, I sent you what I was thinking it was.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    Edna20:
    Crousefer:

Check your PM, I sent you what I was thinking it was.
    replied !
    There were a few that popped in my head as films that were directed by and starred the same person but wasn't sure about the Awards. The next clue narrowed it down and it has to be Dances With Wolves.
    Enola Gay - Target #29