Home General Discussion
Options

Gurkha Beast...really let me down

mmkuchimmkuchi Posts: 157 ✭✭
Just had one today, and to be frank, i didn't enjoy it...

Recently, I saw a post from someone else saying gurkha is not good; I doubted about that back then.... and this gem really reminds me of that....

I had a very joyful experience with another gurkha before; that's why when they were doing 10 Beast for 29.99, I bought it without hesitation. Now I regret so much....

The draw was tough; the wrapper was cracking along the way I smoked; the burn line was uneven all the time; the flavor was not much and didn't change a lot along the way I smoked it; at the last 1/3, a strong ammonia came up, and it was VERY unpleasant...I can still feel it now..............

Then I searched it online, and found that actually a lot of people are complaining about how bad it is....

I just have one question: can i return the rest?

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-mail a rep at Ccom and ask. They should come with a warning label--" libel to explode at any moment"
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    I like CCom but they are just a business and like dealing with any business its buyer beware. I am sure there are good Gurkha cigars out there but it is doubtful you will find them for sale on this site. Seems like they have dumped a ton of shiiit product here and the unsuspecting individual gets it up the assss! I too bought some a while ago and ended up throwing them in the trash. Live and learn.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    I too doubted the bad reviews of the Gurkhas, after all I'm a sucker for shiny labels and their labels are awesome, I have a whole jar full lol, here's where I'm at (not that anyone's asking lol)
    Warpig-solid build but meh
    Beauty-solid and tasty
    Black Beauty- fell apart, but tasty
    Master Select- exploded in my hand but tasty
    Crest- rock solid and deliscious
    Ninja torpedo- rock solid and tasty
    Take from that what you will :)
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    What? Gurkha let you down? Shame
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    SM0K3Y:
    I too doubted the bad reviews of the Gurkhas, after all I'm a sucker for shiny labels and their labels are awesome, I have a whole jar full lol, here's where I'm at (not that anyone's asking lol)

Warpig-solid build but meh

Beauty-solid and tasty

Black Beauty- fell apart, but tasty

Master Select- exploded in my hand but tasty

Crest- rock solid and deliscious

Ninja torpedo- rock solid and tasty

Take from that what you will :)

I heard that the black beauty should be stayed away from, too. But I really wanna try the beauty, though.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At $3 ea. That's not terrible. I like the Titans every now and then, but yes they frequently have construction issues. I'd smoke through em over time and just enjoy em for what they are. At least you didn't pay retail! Hopefully most will burn better for you. I've had a few issues, but overall not terrible experience.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    a gurkha let you down?

predictable.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    a gurkha let you down?

predictable.
    I hope you still have that flag some of us signed.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    kuzi16:
    a gurkha let you down?

predictable.
    I hope you still have that flag some of us signed.
    i do.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Friends don't let friends smoke Gurhkas.

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    I'd have to agree with everyone, they do have good flavor, but I can definitely feel like its a roll of the dice whether it's going to fall apart on you. Smoker beware :)
  • Options
    variant2:
    Friends don't let friends smoke Gurhkas.

Oh god....i like what you said
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never smoke a Gurkha again. At best they're unremarkable and more often flat out terrible.
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    The only one iv tried is their rogue series and there not half bad man. I actually dig em
  • Options
    Crousefer:
    The only one iv tried is their rogue series and there not half bad man. I actually dig em

Rouges on my list to try, good to know!
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    SM0K3Y:
    Crousefer:

Rouges on my list to try, good to know!
    NP man def give em a try. I prefer the tyrant cause I'm a fan of smaller gauges, but I feel like you can't go wrong either way.
  • Options
    Update!!
    G Status...3 puffs and exploded, fell apart, lol the puffs tasted good though? Lmao
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I bought a 5er of Gurkha Class Regent and put them down for a nice rest a while back. After some time, they were easily the best Gurkha I have ever had and very cheap. Tasty box-pressed and with a fruit-like sweetness on the finish.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    youngryan216:
    I bought a 5er of Gurkha Class Regent and put them down for a nice rest a while back. After some time, they were easily the best Gurkha I have ever had and very cheap. Tasty box-pressed and with a fruit-like sweetness on the finish.

Think I got one of them, good to know
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gurkhas got some darn good stuff in my book. But you won't get them online got to head to the B&M.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Roast:
    I like CCom but they are just a business and like dealing with any business its buyer beware. I am sure there are good Gurkha cigars out there but it is doubtful you will find them for sale on this site. Seems like they have dumped a ton of shiiit product here and the unsuspecting individual gets it up the assss! I too bought some a while ago and ended up throwing them in the trash. Live and learn.
    Live and learn. Yes. I have learned to approach Gurkhas with caution. I have also learned that ccom is REALLY good at customer satisfaction. If you buy any cigars from ccom that you end up hating, don't throw 'em in the trash and feel like you got screwed. Call 'em up. Tell them the cigars really sucked. Give them a chance to make it right. I'm sure they don't want you to feel like you got screwed.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy them at 3 bucks or less. Most of the Gurks I have, have been sitting at 65 rh for 3 years.....no kaboom
  • Options
    Vision:
    I enjoy them at 3 bucks or less. Most of the Gurks I have, have been sitting at 65 rh for 3 years.....no kaboom

I was wondering if a good sit would lessen the kaboom, or general unraveling issues...or make then worse?
    Just a noobs wonderings
  • Options
    JonTbeastJonTbeast Posts: 10
    The Beast is my favorite cigar.  I have had issues with an uneven burn, and once a weird taste.  I found out later itnis because I have a flavored cigar in the 5 stick humidor.

I have heard a LOT of flak about Gurkha at the local lounge and am pretty shocked!  It looks like I am the odd one though.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JonTbeast said:
    The Beast is my favorite cigar.  I have had issues with an uneven burn, and once a weird taste.  I found out later itnis because I have a flavored cigar in the 5 stick humidor.

I have heard a LOT of flak about Gurkha at the local lounge and am pretty shocked!  It looks like I am the odd one though.
    You’re going to gat a lot on here also.
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s just me but the beast was one that I found ok. The only ones I’ve really liked was the yakuza. Ended up gifting some to a new guy and still have a bunch left to gift to someone that needs to wet their feet that I don’t care if they fully enjoy it or not. 
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a 5-pack of Beasts once, as I recall 1 was really good, 1 was OK, 3 fell apart when smoked.  Pretty much the same with Legends, Centurions, Beauty's, I never had a Titan fall apart, but roughly 3 of 5 were too tight to smoke, sensing a pattern I've not bought a Gurkha, except for COTMC offerings in...5?...6? years.  

I must say that the Seduction from COTMC was good, but then, that's what lured me into throwing 60% of my money away on those other sucker bets.  When it comes to Gurkha, I "just say no". 

Love these necro-posts though.  I miss a lot of those guys.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain