Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Off the deep end plans

2»

Comments

• Options
    timtomtimtom Posts: 40
    Jump through a wood chipper into a gator pond.

Quick and simple.
    As a benefit, no wasted meat!
    If your gonna do it, at least be creative and force people to remember you whether they like it or not!

I wonder what the cleanup deposit would be on this kind of thing????????????
    By the way. Ever try gator meat, taste like fishy chicken.
    Not bad at all though a little expensive.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rent a room in a whorehouse until all the credit cards max out.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    This makes me think of a day last week. We have had record low Temps in our area and have had quite a few homeless people freeze to death. After watching the news, my wife asked me, "how could someone live on the street?" After thinking about it for a sec or two, I realized that if I somehow lost my family, I would no longer be able to function. I would lose everything I owned, and I would eventually live in the street.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    This makes me think of a day last week. We have had record low Temps in our area and have had quite a few homeless people freeze to death. After watching the news, my wife asked me, "how could someone live on the street?" After thinking about it for a sec or two, I realized that if I somehow lost my family, I would no longer be able to function. I would lose everything I owned, and I would eventually live in the street.

I've been thinking about what you've said here and your last two sentences escape me. I just don't comprehend how the loss of ones family would prevent one from functioning. Please don't misunderstand, I don't mean to be argumentive... I just don't understand.

It seems to me that one would continue to do whatever is necessary, wouldn't they? Losing ones family, while it would be a tragedy, wouldn't necessarily suddenly bankrupt one or cause his home to disappear. And after dealing with the grief, I think one would go back to work and life would go on. Wouldn't it? What am I missing??
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    mmccartneydc:

I've been thinking about what you've said here and your last two sentences escape me. I just don't comprehend how the loss of ones family would prevent one from functioning. Please don't misunderstand, I don't mean to be argumentive... I just don't understand.

It seems to me that one would continue to do whatever is necessary, wouldn't they? Losing ones family, while it would be a tragedy, wouldn't necessarily suddenly bankrupt one or cause his home to disappear. And after dealing with the grief, I think one would go back to work and life would go on. Wouldn't it? What am I missing??

Ive seen it happen before. No one in my life directly but a family member of a close friend. His wife and daughter died in a car accident and he lost his marbles. He became very depressed, anti-social and turned to alcohol to "soothe" the pain. Eventually he stopped going to work cause he couldn't drink while at work and the pain would return. So he quit his job, lost all his income, lost his house through foreclosure and ended up right on the streets. Last I heard he was getting his act together but that was almost 10 years ago.

I would personally use the opportunity to do something that would be completely off the wall. Since I have no family to go home to... prison wouldn't be a deterrent to my actions. But that's just me... I have several "Off the deep end" plans but I like the one that started it all the most. lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    mmccartneydc:

Don't know what to tell ya other than I'd personally think that I'd have nothing to live for. Obviously I have no idea, but that's just what I think would happen. Who knows, I might go on reality tv, be the next bachelor, win the lottery or something and have an absolutely great life, BUT I'm thinking the whole homeless thing is much more likely....lol. I guess suicide would always be an option as well.