Home General Discussion
Options

Introducing myself

Hey yall. Been enjoying cigars for about 10 years now. Guy I work with MorganGeo told me I needed to register here and enjoy some good banter and like minded company.

I mostly enjoy CAO, Italias and Cameroons. Also most of the Man O Wars, and Perdomos Lot 23. Usually stick with what I know I like. But have lately started to open up and try some new things. My wife also enjoys having one from time to time. We enjoy the time it makes you sit down and relax.

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Corsair! Glad to have you aboard. Great place to hang out, have fun, and learn about cigars.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Welcome, Corsair! Glad to have you aboard. Great place to hang out, have fun, and learn about cigars.
    +1 Welcome!
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! Any friend of Morgan's...well...welcome anyway! Enjoy the banter and shenanigans!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Welcome home my friend! Im fairly new too but these guys and gals are stand up even when there sitting. Well mostly everyone here is pretty crazy in just the right way. Hope to smoke a,stick with ya one day!
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Did Morgan ever tell you about his Closet?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Yes I have heard about the closet. Glad to hear he has come out of it, I had been urging him to!

His latest thing has been texting me a picture of his lunchtime cigar since he lives about 2 minutes from the office. I don't have that luxury.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard sir. So you know Morgan ,We wont hold that against you. Hope to see you around for awhile. Two questions for you 1) what don't you like? and B) have you signed up for the newsletter yet?? 0
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CorsairF4u:
    His latest thing has been texting me a picture of his lunchtime cigar.
    Yup. That's how it starts... LOL
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    CorsairF4u:
    Yes I have heard about the closet. Glad to hear he has come out of it, I had been urging him to! His latest thing has been texting me a picture of his lunchtime cigar since he lives about 2 minutes from the office. I don't have that luxury.
    so you want lunch time cigar pics huh? Well im more of a man of the night but i can oblige for ya ;)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome CorsairF4u (My favorite WW2 Fighter by the way. I just like the looks of 'em.) Glad to have you join us :)
  • Options
    WWII fighters are a big interest.

Haven't had one yet I don't like.

How do I sign up for the newsletter?

No I don't need lunchtime pics. He just does it to brag he has the chance.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    CorsairF4u:
    Post your addy and the contributing authors will hook you up.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CorsairF4u:
    WWII fighters are a big interest. Haven't had one yet I don't like. How do I sign up for the newsletter? No I don't need lunchtime pics. He just does it to brag he has the chance.

While not a fighter but rather a WWII bomber. We have an elusive Enola Gay around these parts. Maybe he will make an appearance now that he is retired.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    CorsairF4u:
    Post your addy and the contributing authors will hook you up.
    actually don't post your address directly on the thread. Click on the pull down menu labeled "contact" out to the right of my avatar. Send me a private message, (PM) with you're Magnolia State address and I'll get your name added onto the next available newsletter edition.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Corsair, this forum is awesome!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Corsair glad to have you with us and welcome to the asylum ;) Morgan is a great guy and glad he referred you to us, welcome and check out the Newbie Trading thread in the Trades, Passes and Bombs section!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother. This is definitely the right place.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Corsair. See you have good taste in cigars, friends well that's another matter, lol.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Corsair, glad to have you on the forums! As many have said here there´s plenty of good folks, some crazy folks, a few trolls now and again, but generally good times all around :-). Hope you stick around!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Good. The board will need another Mississippian once I move. Welcome.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome an glad to have you!!! The newsletter has some great articles. Enjoy!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome you found a good place here lol
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum my friend. Morgan is a great brother of the leaf, so you're in good company!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Corsair! Hope you stick around and enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome my brother to the madness!
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club, great to have you.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So since I'm feeling better and some decided to obliterate me, I'm thinking I need to retaliate on someone.
    And since there are a multitude of reasons, I'm thinking I should take it out on this new fella?
    Anyone agree?

And here are the reasons I think this guy should feel the wrath.
    1. Friend of Morgan's. That in itself is reason enough.
    2. Hasn't received the newsletter.
    3. I'm feeling better and need an outlet.
    4. And final, most important reason. Zeros bomb Corsairs.

So...........If someone would be so kind as to PM me this fella's addy, I'd appreciate it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Baa Baa Blacksheep, enjoy....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Hello fellas, since the original post, been pretty busy and haven't had time for much read or posting. Sunday afternoon wife and I took the family up to Coal's Bluff for a cookout, if you're in Mississippi, and have never been there, you should go, they have a day use area with grills and small pavilions right of the bluff. It's one of the prettiest places in all of Mississippi. We cooked hotdogs and burgers, fished and finished off the afternoon shooting rocks at the river with a slingshot and a CAO Italia Piazza. Was a great afternoon. I already sent my address info for the newsletter to Bob Luken. He can share that if you're the one who needs it "Zero". Thanks everyone for making a new guy feel welcome.