Home General Discussion

Weekend blitz

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Bobbo2009:
    danielzreyes:
    Am I the only one who thinks the PA maddies are gross?
    I don't know how else to say it.
    disgusting?

Nasty. I put one on a Stogie Stand once, and it burst into flames.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Habano FTW. Heathens.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Am I the only one who thinks the PA maddies are gross?
    I wouldn't say gross, but I put the habano way ahead of the maduro.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody smoked this week's blitz before?

Cuvee Rouge?

i searched the forums and found a couple favorable comments about this one posted a few year's back .... and a couple mixed reviews on the googles.

for the price i wouldn't expect it to "blow my socks off" ... but price point makes it a good candidate for a winter-time dog-walking smoke (really shouldn't spend the $$ now but 12 should hold me over until i can resupply my illusione R's).

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I scored a box of Torano Colosseums for fifty bucks last Spring, and I thought that was one helluva deal. Now they offer a bundle of twenty for forty bucks. Jeepers. If only I had some place to put them. Winning the lottery cramps my style that way. Darn nice smoke for two bucks a pop.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go for it anyway! I'll find room! I love them, and most Toranos. I hope they don't change much with the buyout! Probably good to get them now.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Anyone checkout the newest? Boy am I tempted. Not thrilled by the montecristos at all but everything else.... Wow. Still worth the coin without them Montes.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    They could take out the Montes and the Cohibas and one of the Aves and give me an additional padron, Armada, and Opus. Then I'd think about it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    They could take out the Montes and the Cohibas and one of the Aves and give me an additional padron, Armada, and Opus. Then I'd think about it.

Agree 99.9%, except I'd take out the Armadas as well. :)
    raisindot:
    Martel:

Do you even Armada bro?
    Rain:
    raisindot:
    Martel:

Do you even Armada bro?
    Armada is good. But if I had to take it out to make the others all paired I suppose I could live without it. But I'd rather not. It would be like taking air out of a football...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Rain:
    raisindot:
    Martel:

Do you even Armada bro?

Yes, once in a trade. I was underwhelmed.
    raisindot:
    Rain:
    raisindot:
    Martel:

Do you even Armada bro?

Yes, once in a trade. I was underinflated.

Fixed it for ya.
    Just cause you're from bahhhhhston.

Martel:
    Armada is good. But if I had to take it out to make the others all paired I suppose I could live without it. But I'd rather not. It would be like taking air out of a football...
    ...so....
    are you saying tom brady smokes armadas????

Martel:
    raisindot:
    Rain:
    raisindot:
    Martel:

Do you even Armada bro?

Fixed it for ya.
    MOW fanboys are the worst. :)
    raisindot:
    Martel:
    raisindot:
    Rain:
    raisindot:
    Martel:

Do you even Armada bro?

Fixed it for ya.
    MOW fanboys are the worst. :)

good thing I'm not
    That Rain guy, though, watch out for him.

When I company puts out a superior product, well, I'm inclined to support them ;) In this case fanboy = supporting top notch flavor, construction and value. Well, maybe not the Armada. It's MSRP is high.FTW
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    so anyone had those diesel barber poles? Are they good?
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    holy cow. 110 for a box of robusto undercrowns.......
    brianetz1:
    If this was the blitz last week I'd be all over it. Stupid money!
    brianetz1:
    damn....good price

but p!ssed that my bday coupon just expired .... would've been another 10% off ... f**k

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. I already spent my cigar budget for February....through June.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    brianetz1:
    damn....good price

but p!ssed that my bday coupon just expired .... would've been another 10% off ... f**k

If you haven't used it yet call them, they may still honor it bro. They're pretty good about that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Dude, it expired...who cares, give me a call and I'll place the order for you and get that coupon on there!
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Dude, it expired...who cares, give me a call and I'll place the order for you and get that coupon on there!
    Who's your daddy! Ccom rocks, don't they?

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    brianetz1:
    damn....good price

How long do those last?? That Corona viva deal is nice...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Well nevermind. Awesome Sean
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Dang. I already spent my cigar budget for February....through June.
    Haha, right there with you
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Damn ccom is just too cool. You rock!!! Lemme sleep on it tonight to decide a vitola.....I'll drop you a line tomorrow for sure!!

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Damn ccom is just too cool. You rock!!! Lemme sleep on it tonight to decide a vitola.....I'll drop you a line tomorrow for sure!!
    That is awesome and a perfect representation of what makes Ccom so great!! Those Corona Vivas are awesome John, I'd suggest them but I like smaller rg violas so that may just be me.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."