Home General Discussion
Options

matkin293 mentioned living in a condo.....

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
....and it struck a cord. I moved out of a condo (stacked boxes) when I came to TN.

There was "a guy" who lived one floor below me who evidently had a serious medical condition and should have been living in a bubble. Any odor/smell/aroma that was not pure 100% clean drove him crazy (why was he living in a condo). He would smell something disagreeable (everything) and go floor to floor to find the source and on more then one occasion call the cops because someone was smoking pot.

It was around the time I discovered cigars and it took no time at all for him to zero in on me. Any sympathy anyone had for him evaporated in short order and some people made sure that strong odors were dancing in the hallways all hours day and night, we had a very diverse ethnic population and it wasn't hard. We did however have to draw the line at killing a goat on the balcony and washing the skin in the laundry room.

I digress.

He took the condo association to court and the judge ordered him to move but we had to pay his moving expenses, and I think that was his plan all along. I hired the moving people, the cheapest I could find. I hope his belongings arrived OK.

Any way , my question is, I know a lot of you in your consideration for other smoke outside or in a garage. I smoke in my room and the smoke does not travel to the rest of the house. I am thinking about getting a window mounted exhaust fan. What is the most extreme measure you have taken?

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Broan through-the-wall exhaust fans and installed it in the wall by my desk.
    Wired it to a switch on the wall by my desk and can turn it on and off from my chair.
    They make charcoal filters for most of them and depending on how much I smoke, I change the filter every 6 months.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair I was staying in a condo in Florida for vacation. Close enough though. No real crazy measures here. I only smoke when I know I will be able to enjoy it. They are pleasure for me rather than an addiction. I have too many of those already.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I should just stop reading your posts.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I should just stop reading your post.

You never have anything worth reading so why don't you.

PS that is posts with an s not post.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    I bought a Broan through-the-wall exhaust fans and installed it in the wall by my desk.
    Wired it to a switch on the wall by my desk and can turn it on and off from my chair.
    They make charcoal filters for most of them and depending on how much I smoke, I change the filter every 6 months.

Tony, what is the purpose of the charcoal filter on a through-the-wall fan? You filter the smoke before you pass it outside, or is it exhausting it inside the house?
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    0patience:

Tony, what is the purpose of the charcoal filter on a through-the-wall fan? You filter the smoke before you pass it outside, or is it exhausting it inside the house?
    My neighbor's deck is about 30' from the fans.
    I try and show I made some effort not to blow smoke on them. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    rsherman24:
    0patience:

My neighbor's deck is about 30' from the fans.
    I try and show I made some effort not to blow smoke on them. LOL!

I got ya. I thought you were going all tree hugger on us or something