Home Non Cigar Related
Options

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Hey, I need prayers, y'all.

Some of you know a bit about my situation. My job is very uncertain right now. Funding has been cut and hours are hard to come by. I was offered a position with the company FT but for a significant pay cut. The only benefit was some paid holidays and a week of paid vacation. Problem is that I can barely pay my bills on my current hourly pay right now. The FT position would make the holidays easier, but in the long run really wouldn't help. We made it through last year in this situation b/c my wife worked a lot of OT, but she can't do that this year.

So, I've been looking for jobs. I would rather stay where I am if I could, but that doesn't appear possible. But pray for that. Pray that if it doesn't work out, I find a way to make it through these looming unpaid holidays. Pray that I find something else in the area either PT to supplement or FT to replace what I'm doing now.

Alternately, I have some interviews coming up that would require a move. I'm actually excited about a couple of them. One is in rural/small town IN, but near where my grandparents lived so I know the area. Another is in Southern PA, near York. Finally, I have one in NoCal about 2 hours from everything, but that includes my favorite place on earth, Yosemite. I hate having to move my kids in the middle of the year if any of these happen, but you do what you have to do.

Thanks, everyone.
    Prayers for you and your family, Eric
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things:

First, my son finally pulled out of whatever bug was getting him down. Still don't know what triggers these episodes every now and then, but he snapped out of it. Thanks for your prayers and concern.

Second, my brother-in-law was taken by ambulance to the hospital yesterday after he collapsed in his living room and couldn't get up. They think maybe he had a heart attack and are running tests now to see what's up. Wife and mother-in-law are driving down to see him tonight, which has me concerned too because the roads are not good. Prayers welcome.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Prayers.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for your brother in law and thanks for your son.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    +1 and for safe travels for your loved ones.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Prayers with your family
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    roland_7707:
    +1 and for safe travels for your loved ones.
    + 2
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be thinking about your family in my morning prayers.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Prayed for you and yours, Doug, and will continue to do so.

We're traveling this weekend for one of those job interviews. Flying Southwest, MEM to BWI tomorrow evening. I'd appreciate prayers. This kind of trip is always stressful, what with having to get ourselves ready for the job stuff-they gotta interview the preacher's wife, too-but also arrange childcare.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Will be praying for you too, brother. I never let them interview the wife unless they planned to put her on the payroll. No paycheck, no job description. She's a member of the congregation, like everyone else. Ask if any of them ever had to bring their wives in for a job interview.

Sorry... just a pet peeve. :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Prayed for you and yours, Doug, and will continue to do so.

We're traveling this weekend for one of those job interviews. Flying Southwest, MEM to BWI tomorrow evening. I'd appreciate prayers. This kind of trip is always stressful, what with having to get ourselves ready for the job stuff-they gotta interview the preacher's wife, too-but also arrange childcare.
    Best to you Eric I hope you can settle into a good situation soon!!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't normally ask for this kind of thing, but........
    My son is interviewing for a job with the Ford dealership, we have a guy interested in my mom's house, so I can use all the help I can get.
    And I've talked to the great spirit, so I figured a few more asking for a little help might sway the vote.
    Appreciate it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    I don't normally ask for this kind of thing, but........
    My son is interviewing for a job with the Ford dealership, we have a guy interested in my mom's house, so I can use all the help I can get.
    And I've talked to the great spirit, so I figured a few more asking for a little help might sway the vote.
    Appreciate it.

Praying for you brother...
  • Options
    You got it, Tony.

And, Doug, it's one of mine, too. She's not really getting "interviewed," but they want to see her. I would tell her not to come, but she wants to see them, too! I'm not going to take a job there if she can't see our family being a part of the place for the next 30 years or so! (I wish.)
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Prayers for yall.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    My grandmother just passed, please pray for our family.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well guys, someone's listening.
    You guys are good prayers.

Looks like my son starts tomorrow at the Ford dealer.
    They are putting him on a 30 day trial. If he works out, then he will be able to go to training at Ford's tech center and after a set amount of training, he will get raises.

Funny thing is, the training is in Billings, MT and my dad and 2 brothers live there.
    So the money they give him for lodging, he'll get to keep. LOL!

Now, if I could get rid of my mom's house, I'd really be happy.
    Who would have thought selling a house would be so hard to do.

It's odd to see him be a dealer tech.
    I remember years ago when he asked me when I knew I wanted to be a mechanic.
    I told him don't confuse me being a mechanic with wanting to be a mechanic.
    I never wanted to be a mechanic. It was something I was good at and came easy for me.
    So basically, I'm lazy. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father in law just passed away and I know it would mean a lot to my mother if you prayed for him. He was 56 years old and and was diagnosed with cancer a dew months ago. Monday he became ill and we were told he had about 6 months to live. This morning he took a turn for the worse and has passed away about 20 minutes ago. Please pray for my mother.
  • Options
    Prayers for your father in law as he crosses over. Prayers for you and your mom as she grieves.
  • Options
    Prayers for y'all, brothers.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, guys. I know it means a lot to my mother.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Please say a prayer for the city of St.. Louis and its surrounding communities. I have a feeling tonight is going to a rough one for my city.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Please say a prayer for the city of St.. Louis and its surrounding communities. I have a feeling tonight is going to a rough one for my city.
    +1 things could get real crazy tonight. Hope everyone stays safe
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for all the recent requests. Hope everyone's family is doing well. Also praying for our first responders tonight.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is nuts. Pray that the u city cop that was shot is ok. Still waiting word. Pray for the many friends and family that I have in the area. Pray for the first responders that are putting their life on the line tonight.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be safe all u botl in St. Louis.
  • Options
    Please remember me, bros. Another job interview this weekend. Flying out tomorrow afternoon to WA. Threw my back out earlier this week and not looking forward to cramming my frame into airline seats, but I am looking forward to the trip.

• Options
    Martel:
    Please remember me, bros. Another job interview this weekend. Flying out tomorrow afternoon to WA. Threw my back out earlier this week and not looking forward to cramming my frame into airline seats, but I am looking forward to the trip.
    Praying for you, brother!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do great in your interview.
  • Options
    Prayers for all. I hope you do well in your job interview.