Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Puff_Dougie:
    james40:
    War of the Buttons? I cheated and used google though so feel free to do what you wish!!
    Haha! Finally! I thought I was gonna be giving clues till next year! Addy please, James!
    I have never heard of that movie. Glad someone got it.
    Great family movie about kids in Ireland...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Eulogy:
    Puff_Dougie:
    james40:
    War of the Buttons? I cheated and used google though so feel free to do what you wish!!
    Haha! Finally! I thought I was gonna be giving clues till next year! Addy please, James!
    I have never heard of that movie. Glad someone got it.
    Great family movie about kids in Ireland...

I may have to give that a watch.
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow that was a tough one! good clues Puff_Dougie
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd never have gotten it without google, either. Good one.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Glad to offer a challenge. 10 clues and google... Is that a record for this game? LOL

War of the Buttons really is a great little movie. I recommend it.

Insane week at work, James40, but I'll try to get your winnings to the post by Friday or Saturday.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Puff_Dougie:
    Glad to offer a challenge. 10 clues and google... Is that a record for this game? LOL

Insane week at work, James40, but I'll try to get your winnings to the post by Friday or Saturday.
    Don't make it worse by rushing this, take your time. I'll get a clue up tomorrow at the latest.
  • Options
    james40:
    Puff_Dougie:

Don't make it worse by rushing this, take your time. I'll get a clue up tomorrow at the latest.
    9114 9011 2308 6985 5539 34
  • Options
    Thanks Doug.

Clue 1 - This movie is also based in England although other countries are visited.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    European vacation?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    American Werewolf in London.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    I'll try this guess again since it didn't work last time, but there are brief Spain and US visits in the movie...

Love Actually
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Clue 1 - This movie is also based in England although other countries are visited.
    Clue 2 - Alhough it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
  • Options
    I think, I know what this is.
  • Options
    Let's find out if you're right. Bonus if you are.
  • Options
    Cornetto trilogy or The Blood and Ice Cream trilogy, Shawn of the Dead. I'm reluctant, because I won not too long ago.

• Options
    Clue 2 - Alhough it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
    Clue 3 - One of the worst characters is in a famous Christmas movie.
  • Options
    Clue 4 - A James Bond portray-er is in this movie
  • Options
    Thanks for the great sticks Puff! I've only had one of these so I'm really excited to try something new. I'm curious what the unbanded stick is but will try to figure it out when it gets torched. Thanks again!!

• Options
    james40:
    Thanks for the great sticks Puff! I've only had one of these so I'm really excited to try something new. I'm curious what the unbanded stick is but will try to figure it out when it gets torched. Thanks again!!

Glad they made it. The unbanded is an Erik Espinoza Miami Fresh Rolled.
  • Options
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python
  • Options
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python
    Clue 6 - Many different era's or time periods in history are visited in this movie
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn i have no idea; curious to see what the answer is .... this sounds like it has the makings of a pretty good movie.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Time Bandits... Known it for a few clues but was trying to see if anyone else would get it. Really need to watch this and the others again because it's been a while but huge Monty Python and Terry Gilliam fan.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    Time Bandits... Known it for a few clues but was trying to see if anyone else would get it. Really need to watch this and the others again because it's been a while but huge Monty Python and Terry Gilliam fan.
    Winner, winner of a cigar dinner. Send me your address and cigar preference details.

Clue 2 - Although it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
    Clue 3 - One of the worst characters is in a famous Christmas movie - Character name is Evil. He was Bob Cratchit in A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott (best one imo).
    Clue 4 - A James Bond portray-er is in this movie -- Sean Connery
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python - John Cleese
    Clue 6 - Many different era's or time periods in history are visited in this movie

• Options
    Awesome and great clues too. PM on the way and will try and get a good movie thought up and get the first clue posted when I do.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimmyv723:
    Awesome and great clues too. PM on the way and will try and get a good movie thought up and get the first clue posted when I do.
    Killer Klowns from outer space??
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    james40:
    jimmyv723:
    Winner, winner of a cigar dinner. Send me your address and cigar preference details.

Clue 2 - Although it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
    Clue 3 - One of the worst characters is in a famous Christmas movie - Character name is Evil. He was Bob Cratchit in A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott (best one imo).
    Clue 4 - A James Bond portray-er is in this movie -- Sean Connery
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python - John Cleese

Learn something new every day...I had no idea Gilliam considered Bandits, Brazil, and Baron to be a trilogy. Thanks for that, James and Jimmy and Wikipedia. Now I'll have to torture myself by watching all of them. Okay, probably not. I don't think I'd be able to make it through either of the first two, and I know I've never made it through the last!

• Options
    On its way Jim - 9405503699300444192803 - sorry for lagging.
  • Options
    Totally spaced about this with all the Holiday stuff going on and prepping for New Years Eve at work but got the Cigar Smackdwon from James today. Thank you so much bro and you crossed a couple huge sticks off my Wishlist. Between this and the total destruction my Secret Santa put on me I'm going to be able to try some stuff I've really been wanting to for a while now. Thanks again and here's the damage. The bands on the two Lanceros didn't show up real well but Oliva Serie V and Opus X Lost City.

Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    First CLue - This movie is from the last 10 years.
    Enola Gay - Target #29